Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your PoLR with examples thread

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    False. It's important, not of "the utmost priority". That's pompous and unrealistic. In fact I posit that nothing here is of "the utmost priority", and certainly not worth the covert derision you have shown to others here.

The Epidemic Ignorance that is sweeping the Round Table, er, I mean, the16types, is a Malady that must be defeated. Raising Awareness of Socionics is of the utmost priority. We must Confront this now before people begin walking around the world with Different viewpoints than our own! Charge, Lancelot!
    Having people understand what you want to convey is the entire point of this kind of communication, so why would you call that bit unimportant? I'm trying to speak in terms of what it means to talk with another person, not just in the realm of Socionics.

It is quite fair because many people on the forums have some basic understanding of Socionics, and pushing them all under some withered umbrella of ignorance is having a massive ego. If someone is not sure of the connections, they can ask, but I'm assuming it often isn't necessary. For example, I don't perceive explaining 1 +1 = 2 to be necessary when presenting some theoretical math formula on a math forum.
    Socionics isn't anywhere near straightforward 1+1=2, and there's lots of different/conflicting theory and information circulating about it all the time. This is why I place such a heavy importance on precision of concept communication in serious Socionics discussion, because things are always going to be lost in translation; ensuring that as much of the initial idea is salvaged has to be of high priority. Otherwise you have statements floating around like "Fi is sympathy," and while there may be some more of a general feel for the individual making such a statement, that feel has to be explicitly communicated somehow. Otherwise people will take the statement literally, or as a joke depending on whose doing the talking/listening.

I don't agree. There are many, many ways to have a discussion. You aren't applying the same standards to your own arguments. You and Ashton make mental leaps and conjectures all the time, so extend that prerogative to others instead of resorting to petty character jabs and faux magnanimous airs.
    The fuck, since when was this about me? I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not "better" descriptions... more. Less generality... more case-by-case examples.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Having people understand what you want to convey is the entire point of this kind of communication, so why would you call that bit unimportant? I'm trying to speak in terms of what it means to talk with another person, not just in the realm of Socionics.
    "Precision of communication" is not the same thing as understanding, and certainly not when your "precision of communication" is simply denying other people's statements over and over like a broken record.

Socionics isn't anywhere near straightforward 1+1=2, and there's lots of different/conflicting theory and information circulating about it all the time. This is why I place such a heavy importance on precision of concept communication in serious Socionics discussion, because things are always going to be lost in translation; ensuring that as much of the initial idea is salvaged has to be of high priority. Otherwise you have statements floating around like "Fi is sympathy," and while there may be some more of a general feel for the individual making such a statement, that feel has to be explicitly communicated somehow. Otherwise people will take the statement literally, or as a joke depending on whose doing the talking/listening.
    No, but its concepts often have a similar gestalt, and to ignore that is playing dumb.

The fuck, since when was this about me? I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here.
    Since I mentioned your NAME, genius. How is this NOT about you? Are you seriously that emotionally deadened? My statement was pretty clear, so I'll post it again.

I don't agree. There are many, many ways to have a discussion. You aren't applying the same standards to your own arguments. You and Ashton make mental leaps and conjectures all the time, so extend that prerogative to others instead of resorting to petty character jabs and faux magnanimous airs.
    I'll say it again. Ashton and Galen, knock the hypocrisy, the negativity, and the Holier Than Thou, Version: Socionics the fuck off. It's retarded.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Precision of communication" is not the same thing as understanding, and certainly not when your "precision of communication" is simply denying other people's statements over and over like a broken record.
    Precision of communication implies understanding; the better worded an idea is, the more likely it is that the idea will be understood as the communicator want it to be.

No, but its concepts often have a similar gestalt, and to ignore that is playing dumb.
    Sure but, what are the gestalts? If it's just left as a nameless entity then people are going to define it however they want, leading to even further miscommunication if these variables aren't clearly defined.

Since I mentioned your NAME, genius. How is this NOT about you? Are you seriously that emotionally deadened? My statement was pretty clear, so I'll post it again.
    Oh, it's about me because you say so. And here I was trying to make a decent point about the importance of communication. Oh well.

I'll say it again. Ashton and Galen, knock the hypocrisy, the negativity, and the Holier Than Thou, Version: Socionics the fuck off. It's retarded.
    Quit your trigger-happy overreactiveness to trivial things and maybe I'll consider it.

Somebody split these posts.

Creepy-pokeball

Cat ... fight!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Cat ... fight!
    lol, I was tempted to post a picture of a meowing cat, but I feared it may be too passive-aggressive.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have had Ashton on ignore for about a month. He isn't right in the head and I'm trusting my gut feelings. He's probably like enjoying how he's hurting people which is just creepo/weirdo.

and I think it's very emotionally obtuse to think that there isn't something seriously off/wrong with the guy. So I think to save your own soul you should just put ashton on ignore like me and Mountain Dew did.

there's too many crazies/weirdos in the world and I am naive no longer.

Creepy-female

Precision of communication implies understanding; the better worded an idea is, the more likely it is that the idea will be understood as the communicator want it to be.
    Precision of communication isn't the issue here, it's that you're dismissing valid, solidly worded concepts with overly negative generalities.

Sure but, what are the gestalts? If it's just left as a nameless entity then people are going to define it however they want, leading to even further miscommunication if these variables aren't clearly defined.
    I did not see the people presenting their viewpoints in this thread, namely octopus and silverchris, state views that remotely resembled a "nameless entity". If you or Ashton were really interested in learning the gestalts of their arguments, you would have perhaps tried harder to understand what was being said rather than cherrypicking their statements into oblivion or taking pot shots at them. You're acting a lot like Mountain Dew did in my Gilly Is ESTp thread. But MD realized his error, apologized, and showed real strength of character.

Oh, it's about me because you say so. And here I was trying to make a decent point about the importance of communication. Oh well.
    Just stop being an asshole, dude. You're not that kind of person.

Quit your trigger-happy overreactiveness to trivial things and maybe I'll consider it.
    I don't think that having a problem with someone demeaning others covertly is overreactive.

Creepy-pokeball

The sea creatures are on a war path. Will the land lovers survive? Stay tuned!

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I have had Ashton on ignore for about a month. He isn't right in the head and I'm trusting my gut feelings. He's probably like enjoying how he's hurting people which is just creepo/weirdo.

and I think it's very emotionally obtuse to think that there isn't something seriously off/wrong with the guy. So I think to save your own soul you should just put ashton on ignore like me and Mountain Dew did.

there's too many crazies/weirdos in the world and I am naive no longer.
    Define empathy for us peons, please.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that there are some strong discussions underway. Some fi-polr user must have caused this by bringing into attention some unplesant subjet, namely the point of least resistance.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I was tempted to post a picture of a meowing cat, but I feared it may be too passive-aggressive.
    lol that would be swell.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Fi polr: as Barney Stinson would say "When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Example of my Fi-PoLR: that quote is bullshit. It is so subjective and void of content that one can't even know what should be done about it. Becoming uh... "awesome"? Oh yeah, it competes for the WTF of the day.
    How on earth a quote like that is void of content. Do you need steps on how to become awesome? Sadness is internal state of mind (and so is awesomeness) that you can shift.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post

How on earth a quote like that is void of content. Do you need steps on how to become awesome? Sadness is internal state of mind (and so is awesomeness) that you can shift.
    INVENTOR (Ne-ILE) example: 1981slater

Give the impression that they’re flying in the clouds, may appear childish/naïve. A socially adept conversationalist; read much and are inquisitive, willingly discuss new information with associates and are interested in their opinion. Their seemingly shy demeanor combines with coolness and obstinacy when they begin to defend their point of view. They like to discuss but rarely ever end these disputes in conflict. Often smile at associates without need of an occasion. Use an identical smile when they speak about both, ridiculous and serious, subject matter. Attempt being kind to all and do not take personal offense to remarks. In employment they are patient and, despite forgetfulness, tend to finish work which interests them. Gestures and speech seem either slowed down or accelerated. Pose with ease, appear absent-minded, gait and movements seem uncertain/weak-willed.

SELECTOR (Ti-ILE) example: The Ineffable

The logical subtype tries to project the impression of a serious person. Can be sharp and, from time to time, even inconsiderate. They are self-assured and speak quickly, usually with a categorical tone. Are unduly categorical in their judgments and tend to impose their opinion on others. Sometimes appears energetic and self-confident; are impatient and cannot always wait for a speaker to finish before interrupting. Often take great new interests and try to find these a practical embodiment; will actively and vigorously defend their interests but after they flare up and offend someone they will consciously make note and try to correct their position. Very ambitious and prone to take offense to mere trifles, however, after a while will again return to an affable and benevolent state. Behaviors are unpredictable and full of contrast. Appear tenacious, gait and gestures seem confident but are poorly coordinated. Pose without restraint, capable of quickly closing a distance, may embrace or kiss the interlocutor.
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    may embrace or kiss the interlocutor.
    I hope I will never become an interlocutor

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti PoLR: Saying you'll never walk to the post office because it's a waste of time and effort, and then a minute later saying how you always walk to the library (farther away than the post office) because it's such good exercise.

OK now some LII tell me how you do that all the time so this must not be Ti PoLR. I'm waiting!

And I had posted this to the wrong thread and I am absolutely puzzled how I did that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Ti PoLR: Saying you'll never walk to the post office because it's a waste of time and effort, and then a minute later saying how you always walk to the library (farther away than the post office) because it's such good exercise.

OK now some LII tell me how you do that all the time so this must not be Ti PoLR. I'm waiting!

And I had posted this to the wrong thread and I am absolutely puzzled how I did that.
    LOL. Nope, that's Ti polr all right.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti polr in action:
    This is true for IEEs but not for everyone else.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I will never become an interlocutor
    No longer an interlocutor
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what you mean, but sadness has a reason, while getting "awesome" just out of the void sounds to me like fooling yourself, some sort of forced mantra. I mean okay, I do great things and I'm awesome, but when I'm sad - usually because I have a bad or unsuccessful day - then can I suddenly become great just like that, without considering what I'm doing out there, in the real world? Why then am I sad in the first place?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    si-polr -> manipulative egomaniacs
    Could you elaborate?

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the list I've started on PoLR's. It's probably wrong . . .

Te-PoLR: bad/vague at giving people directions (or not confident at giving directions); can be easily disoriented; can be too generous with money; sometimes misunderstands what people are trying to communicate to them; can waste money on unnecessary/expensive (or 'self-indulgent') purchases...
    'I prefer to separate, protect, isolate myself from the world of overly pronounced pragmatism, sterility, public/conventional opinions, (political/business/corporate) bureaucracy, "common sense", banality, 'dogmas', what I personally perceive to be unoriginal/trivial/boring/excessively preachy or didactic, traditional/orthodox/conventional morality (hypocrisy) and/or I tend to comment on it and may of course get involved when it suits me (or at important times) and when it's part of my career goal, etc.'
    "(In order) to compensate for my (feelings of) uncertainty, insecurity, inadequacy, inferiority, low self-esteem, anxiety I have to write a lot, read a lot, [attempt to] follow some system/program/plan, get good marks/grades, help people with stuff, strive for some semblance of a future, etc."

Si-PoLR: relies (too) much on orthodox/conventional wisdom/medicine when it comes to health, etc.; tends to overkill when it comes to being mean, judgmental, hypercritical, self-righteous, insensitive, rigid, dogmatic, hypocritical, always right about everything, etc.; tends to be prejudiced/averse to the 'aesthetics'/'ideals' of hedonism, sybaritism, comfort, pleasure, sloth, etc. An Si-PoLR type is most likely to use (or coin) the phrase "sloppy hedonism." Si-devaluing types in general may use 'self-indulgence' or selfishness, although the Si-PoLR types (EIE for example) are more likely to criticize people that way.

Ne-PoLR: weakness in recognizing interrelationships and coming up with completely new discoveries/perspectives; inability to form a holistic impression in the moment; tendency towards preconceived notions combined with (a peculiar sense of) ambiguity and the making of generalizations.
    Last edited by HERO; 11-12-2011 at 12:45 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while there may be some more of a general feel for the individual making such a statement, that feel has to be explicitly communicated somehow. Otherwise people will take the statement literally, or as a joke depending on whose doing the talking/listening.
    that's the point -- language gives a set of boundaries for what's already implicit. if you know where you're coming from, it's much easier to relate to the energy in others' words than if you're preoccupied with abstractions of what precise communication 'is.'

it's conducive to understanding, not some absolute requisite lol. and a lack of precision doesn't imply a lack of understanding; I've had countless discussions where entire concepts could be summarized with a few sentences, or new ideas arrived at by spontaneous association. what it comes down to is the filter between the people involved, not some pedestal of linguistic coherency -- which serves as nothing more than a badge of exemption for those who would like to give their views more import than the subject matter even warrants. Serious Socionics Discussion hurr.

you reveal your error here. a gestalt is "by definition," A physical, biological, psychological, or symbolic configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that its properties cannot be derived from a simple summation of its parts. language is thus a useful tool for building up/around gestalts, not deconstructing whatever preconceived notion one has of them.

also, the socionics gestalts cannot be defined in the way you desire "precisely because" the system is built on the interplay of antitheses.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the list I've started on PoLR's. It's probably wrong
    You should have more confidence in yourself, they are good

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    You should have more confidence in yourself, they are good
    Thanks.

Fi-PoLR: my (version of) 'morality','spirituality', or my sense of what is right and wrong is superior; there's nothing wrong with making fun or mocking or making light of serious/dark/traumatic/grave subjects or experiences; my emotions/feelings/sentiments (about things) must be elevated on a pedestal and recognized by the world (as more than just subjective/personal or biased/self-centred). "It's not my fault if you're offended by my behavior or what I say. Sometimes I like to make (excessive) jokes about controversial subject matter, etc. I don't know how you feel if you don't tell me, and even if you told me I probably still wouldn't care. If you're upset I probably don't know how to help you, although I can be generous with advice, logic, information, ideas, my beliefs, anecdotes, etc." "Even if I consider you my 'friend' it doesn't mean we'll do stuff together (except what interests me, what I want, etc.)." "Socialization and/or (romantic) relationships can confuse, baffle, and overwhelm me, so I (either) find something stable, safe, permanent, and long-lasting/life-long and/or the best gets ruined (but it's not my fault). "I'm smarter (and/or better than you/others) and people are jealous." "I'm the best."
    "I don't know who to trust and/or who my real friends are." "I'm a genius that's good, moral, honourable, talented, etc. [not to mention that I've been bullied and/or criticized by people (who like to gossip and/or be mean) and I've been cheated and betrayed by others] and I've survived/prevailed. I won!" (that's probably more SLE than ILE)
    Last edited by HERO; 11-12-2011 at 03:06 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    My LII boyfriend has the same problem. Sometimes he won't pick up an item at the grocery store because somebody is standing in front of the item for too long.

I don't have this problem, though. I just say "excuse me" and go about my business.
    Sounds like your boyfriend rushes and is tense, that's because he's stressed with time and doesn't like someone taking up his precious time, Ni PoLR

My Se PoLR:

Se friend starts to go to the grocery store and then goes to the clothing store, then goes to cook dinner, then invite friends for dinner.

My sense perception, the function that experiences with objects is burned out and I'm ready to pass out. She's still up on here feet doing things and suggesting we watch a movie, while running to feed two dogs and three cats. I need a resuscitator just by even imagining contact with so many objects and situations.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I understand what you mean, but sadness has a reason, while getting "awesome" just out of the void sounds to me like fooling yourself, some sort of forced mantra. I mean okay, I do great things and I'm awesome, but when I'm sad - usually because I have a bad or unsuccessful day - then can I suddenly become great just like that, without considering what I'm doing out there, in the real world? Why then am I sad in the first place?
    Obviously there are reasons for sadness, you just don't need to linger on those thoughts too long. And if you are doing it forcefully (trying to be awesome) it will fail, it won't work, there has to be an internal coherence with the feeling. To me this quote makes perfect sense and I feel that is how I try to live my life. Does not mean I don't get sad or that I avoid such feelings or that I delude myself that it's "ok", but I move on relatively quickly.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also enjoyed reading your list of polr info Agape

Tell me if this sounds correct for polr people:

Lack of sense of direction, for example in computer games have trouble with mazes, knowing which way to go, what leads where.
    This lack of sense of direction also applies to physical orientation i.e. this type can easily get lost in an unfamiliar environment.
    Are not eager in the lead up to travel but ok once journey begins. Can be much too early with arrival at airports etc.
    Are not too eager to pre-plan anything such as meeting up with friends, distant holidays, itineraries and even somewhat the week ahead. In other words diaries should be kept fairly free.
    Dislike ringing utility companies, banks etc to deal with accounts or fix problems.
    Dislike anything to do with bills and forms.
    Have difficulties with visualising/understanding what leads where with computer systems & dislikes fixing problems with the system.
    Last edited by Hays; 11-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post

Lack of sense of direction, for example in computer games have trouble with mazes, knowing which way to go, what leads where. - Perception related. Decisive > Judicious. It's a matter of environment sensitivity and awareness, utilizing rules of thumb and intuition based on "common sense".

This lack of sense of direction also applies to physical orientation i.e. this type can easily get lost in an unfamiliar environment and at it's worst not know the route to their destination until by fluke they arrive! - Perception related. Decisive > Judicious Same as before but with hints of Delirium.

Are not eager in the lead up to travel but ok once journey begins. Can be much too early with arrival at airports etc. - Not sure

Dislike ringing utility companies, banks etc to deal with accounts or fix problems. - IF > IT > EF > ET It's a matter of socializing and rational/detached thinking.

Dislike anything to do with bills and forms. NF > SF > NT > ST More rational thinking, but pragmatic not detached.

Have difficulties with visualising and understanding computer systems. SF > NF/ST > NT. Overall, it takes processual, abstract, and analytical thinking, with some background in coding/programming.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 11-12-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Eyeseecold for those thoughts on my first attempt at writing thoughts on a Te polr. I did just amend a sentence or two after a proof read though.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You don't seem to register your own weaknesses. Of COURSE you'd do something like this. You're doing it right now. You can bounce around this thread like you're totally clueless to some basic tenants that some people take for granted when they make a statement. IE, someone starts a thread with your quote about CHIFFON FUCKING DRAPES being Si polr, your "Identical" agrees with you, chortle chortle, hohoho, and then you go on to logically dissect other people's contributions as SERIOUS DISCUSSION. Talk about inconsistency!! Well guess what, I DONT CARE ABOUT CHIFFON CURTAINS MATCHING THE CARPET EITHER!! "I feel the same way. It's not Si polr". Durrrr. DO I WANT TO WASTE MY TIME DISSECTING WHAT IS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE EXAMPLE? YEAHH, I'm going to pull an Ashton and FDG tag team over a JOKE and then turn around and take EVERYONE ELSE seriously!! Because that makes SO much sense!! *massive eye roll* It's like when Allie stated she had no idea how her example related to Ne polr, blah blah blah, etc. It makes sense to her and yet other people provide alternate viewpoints that show that she does not have the whole picture. I understand her point of view and agree with her, but I do see how it can be interpreted as Ne polr, and the irony in her statements. Si polr is a form of hypocrisy.
    Precious SEE Se. <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    What sort of computer system? Are you talking about computer programming, or putting the hardware together, or databases, or using programs like Photoshop?
    Thanks for all of that helpful feedback Octopuslove. Am in the middle of watching a movie with the family at the moment and am just quickly writing this on the iPad but wanted to say that I agree with what you say about the overpreperation.

And with the computer I think it should perhaps say difficulties with navigation and fixing system problems.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-polr: Fe-creative friend charges into the room in which I'm sitting in front of the computer and is reenacting a bank heist while he is holding some object to resemble a pistol. He wants me to participate and act as bank clerk so he constantly prompts me to lay on the floor. I freeze, look at him and wait until it's over.

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Well, my dad works in IT so I almost never have a computer problem And accordingly, I'm better than average at computers, and less computer-literate people tend to ask me for advice on basic things like installing programs, dealing with Microsoft Word etc. But if something goes seriously wrong e.g. complete crash, random reboots, and if I've tried the obvious fixes like restarting, undoing whatever I last did or Googleing it, I generally won't have the patience to solve the problem. To me, it seems like most computer hardware problems are solved by trial-and-error, and I HATE trial-and-error that doesn't have a clear direction, or an end in sight - which I think is a concept that's very relevant to Te-PoLR/Si-role.
    Yes that's it - no patience for fixing computer problems - just want computers to work easily and intuitively. Thankfully they are improving over time i.e iPad .

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agape View Post
    Si-PoLR: relies (too) much on orthodox/conventional wisdom/medicine when it comes to health
    Yeah, I could see that, definitely.

etc.; tends to overkill when it comes to being mean, judgmental, hypercritical, self-righteous, insensitive, rigid, dogmatic, hypocritical, always right about everything
    Why would this be related to an introverted sensing function? MM, perhaps there's a tendency towards openly expressing such thoughts, even when they interfere with the physical "harmony" of the environment.

etc.; tends to be prejudiced/averse to the 'aesthetics'/'ideals' of hedonism, sybaritism, comfort, pleasure, sloth, etc. An Si-PoLR type is most likely to use (or coin) the phrase "sloppy hedonism." Si-devaluing types in general may use 'self-indulgence' or selfishness, although the Si-PoLR types (EIE for example) are more likely to criticize people that way.
    Yes, I can definitely see that. When I'm thinking that way, I always try to conosciously stop, because I know there is no reason why a given type of life should be better or worse. But I do have a natural tendency towards such attitude, somehow.

Fi-PoLR: my (version of) 'morality','spirituality', or my sense of what is right and wrong is superior;
    Ahah, well, I've noticed that many SLEs like to give "lectures" about life, from a kind of "real tough man" perspective. I always find them kinda funny but a bit disrespectful (if I take them seriously...I usually don't).

Nah, that's just dolphin having an apoplectic misunderstanding and throwing a fit over absolutely nothing.
    The notion of a "tag" team composed of me and ashton is especially ludicrous. Some people here probably really think we like chat on AIM and plan to attack specific users or something like that.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ahah, well, I've noticed that many SLEs like to give "lectures" about life, from a kind of "real tough man" perspective. I always find them kinda funny but a bit disrespectful (if I take them seriously...I usually don't).

yeah lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of sense of direction, for example in computer games have trouble with mazes, knowing which way to go, what leads where.
    This lack of sense of direction also applies to physical orientation i.e. this type can easily get lost in an unfamiliar environment.
    Are not eager in the lead up to travel but ok once journey begins. Can be much too early with arrival at airports etc.
    Are not too eager to pre-plan anything such as meeting up with friends, distant holidays, itineraries and even somewhat the week ahead. In other words diaries should be kept fairly free.
    Dislike ringing utility companies, banks etc to deal with accounts or fix problems.
    Dislike anything to do with bills and forms.
    Have difficulties with visualising/understanding what leads where with computer systems & dislikes fixing problems with the system.
    Thanks. I can relate to quite a bit of it. Yet I'd say that getting lost in an 'unfamiliar' environment hasn't happened to me too often, and I usually figure out where I have to go eventually. (Perhaps it was more common when I was really young.) Where I live I often take the train and/or bus, so I sometimes I have to plan the trip on the Internet in advance, and I usually don't get lost or anything when I have directions. Nevertheless, sometimes without written directions there are times I might try taking a short cut and then realize it's not going to work. Yet after awhile of going to the same place, I have less problems remembering where I have to stop, and where I have to walk to, and stuff. So it depends on how confusing it is to get somewhere, or how confusing the area is. I generally find downtown to be more straightforward.
    Regarding computer games, I've never really played computer and video games, so I can't really comment. For some reason I want to make an assumption that Ni-INFp's would probably be better at computer and video games than Fe-INFp's, although that's probably wrong, subjective, and biased on my part.
    I usually don't pre-plan too thoroughly unless I feel I need to. Since I got the funding processed for school (I'll be taking English 20-1 first), I'll have to go find out what the schedule is...
    I relate to the dislikes you listed a fair bit. And regarding computers I'm generally not good at dealing with problems. There are probably Te-PoLR types (including IEIs) with more computer knowledge and skills than I have.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strangely enough, I hate Apple computer products. I don't like how they hide very basic things that I can tweak - yes, they're idiotproof, but I'm not quite an idiot.
    You have to love their touch screens though !

I also have 2 guys extremely skilled with IT in my family so when I share all of this polr thought for Te I guess in some ways I am comparing Te polr with those two. In fact Te polr's are more interested and skilled with IT than the average person but I see it like their minds have difficulty putting it altogether like in a behind the scenes system map, so trouble seeing the system in their mind therefore - navigation of the system and they get upset when things don't work properly and like you say have little patience for fixing them.
    Would you say that this fits you Octopuslove or can you see the system easily enough in your mind like a map?
    Last edited by Hays; 11-14-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have another small example of a polr but am not too sure if the person is EIE or IEI (or perhaps but much less likely LIE or ILI) though the polr seems to fit maybe polr?
    It's that when with people they are comfortable being around and a meal/takeaways has been served while watching a movie or anything similar, that once the meal has been devoured this type desires to clean up to some degree at times consequently causing others to halt the movie or arise and help. This seems to be due to concern with food hygiene (fear of becoming sick from food sitting too long) and maybe just actively doing something productive over relaxing and watching the movie etc. They happily do this by themselves and don't seem to be desiring help from others.
    It's like they suffer from a lack of becoming one with the environment/lack of harmony with what is occurring onscreen unless they can become engaged/connected with the movie characters/storyline, for often their mind seems more focused on thoughts and actions (?) so they have difficulty just resting. It's almost like they have to decide to join in with a movie or television show unless something catches their interest. They don't often just sit in front of the television watching nothing in particular.

The polr of this type also shows itself in their lack of need of touch and not making very good 'comforters/nurses' for really they have not much time and patience for dealing with sicknesses especially if the patient is a whiner/complainer or someone who hides behind sickness. In fact they seem to not like talk about health, fitness etc much at all and may not realise that they have been sick until it is either very obvious or even after the fact.

What do you think..polr or not?
    Last edited by Hays; 11-16-2011 at 10:39 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think I have another small example of a polr but am not too sure if the person is EIE or IEI (or perhaps but much less likely LIE) though the polr seems to fit maybe polr?
    It's that when a meal/takeaways has been served while watching a movie or anything similar, that once the meal has been devoured this type can't help but clean up to some degree causing others to halt the movie often or get up and help. This seems to be due to concern with food hygiene, cleanliness and just actively doing something over relaxing and watching the movie etc.
    What do you think..polr or not?
    Why do you feel like you have to be up on your feet? Is it because of the dishes or ignoring the movie?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast