Ti-PoLR irrationality(coloquial).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    si polr really resonates with me, I have a hard time with the here and now, but I know what I will be doing 10 yrs. from now.
    Si polr as EIE...polr is in the 4th spot on model A. Si polar is not here and now.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    When I try to convince my SEI brother of something, he says he doesn't believe in facts. It renders my argument futile. So I just tell him what he thinks and he says "okay."
    And what sort of facts would you be using to convince this brother?

My IEI friend isn't very good accepting "facts." She emphasizes on following beliefs and personal convictions regardless of how "true" they may be. It's rejection of the actual world for an idealized one. She pulls a lot of facts to "might be wrong" and, even after seemingly accepting facts and realizing how they contradict with what she thought before, she holds onto what she thought before, pursuing what she wants to believe instead of what she can back up. I'm not entirely sure how she suppresses the dissonance from her acceptance of so much contradictory information. I'd hope it's a result of her mental scarring earlier in life rather than her socionics type, but it could be related to a Te PoLR.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    And what sort of facts would you be using to convince this brother?
    Stuff like "The sky is blue. Therefore the sky is not purple." or "If you click that button, you will die. Because that is the self-destruct button."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the answer I'm getting is they don't exist. (the rest of the descriptions from the author of these ones)
    Who wrote these to begin with?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    My IEI friend isn't very good accepting "facts." She emphasizes on following beliefs and personal convictions regardless of how "true" they may be. It's rejection of the actual world for an idealized one. She pulls a lot of facts to "might be wrong" and, even after seemingly accepting facts and realizing how they contradict with what she thought before, she holds onto what she thought before, pursuing what she wants to believe instead of what she can back up. I'm not entirely sure how she suppresses the dissonance from her acceptance of so much contradictory information. I'd hope it's a result of her mental scarring earlier in life rather than her socionics type, but it could be related to a Te PoLR.
    Um, YEAH.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another "explain your polr with examples" thread

I asked Ashton:

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    describe the polr of LIEs
    He replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Si PoLR = having an aneurysm listening to people monologue about chiffon curtains...and then slaying them for being so drearily boring
    LOL

I want more examples, please
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi polr: as Barney Stinson would say "When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess The POLR:

-You've managed to babble non-stop for the last 10 minutes and still have yet to say something worth listening to.

-I'm going to vehemently argue with you about how much I don't want to argue

-What do you mean my dress pants are too short? The guy at the store said they had excellent tailoring!

-Excuse me... psyche! Get the fuck out of my way, LOL.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Guess The POLR:

-You've managed to babble non-stop for the last 10 minutes and still have yet to say something worth listening to.

-What do you mean my dress pants are too short? The guy at the store said they had excellent tailoring!

1. polr
    2. polr
    3. polr
    4. polr
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Fi polr: as Barney Stinson would say "When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
    Example of my Fi-PoLR: that quote is bullshit. It is so subjective and void of content that one can't even know what should be done about it. Becoming uh... "awesome"? Oh yeah, it competes for the WTF of the day.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not sure about this, but...

Often times, when I am walking from one place to another, someone will be in my way. If they are talking to someone or doing something, I end up taking a route completely different than the one I planned because I really don't want to bother them.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> Bus about to leave.

"should I get on or not should I get on or not should I get on or not FUCK"

> Bus left.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> "you know, afterwards we can go and... do stuff together"

> wat

> ...

> you mean homework?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao I agree with ashton on Si polr
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-pokeball

An ENFj and ENTj polr are going to differ, just as the Ni of both, while very similar, differ.

I wish I could put into words what an ENFj polr feels like to me, but in person, it makes me feel like I have to slow down into a linear "Captain Obvious" mode, which I could not even replicate even if I tried to do so. In other moments, I feel as if Im solidified in sea of silence. The connections from within are disparate, and I resent having to explain how I think or feel in relating them back or where they come from.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Guess The POLR:

Fe or Fi
    Ti
    Ti
    Ne?????
    ILE "Searcher"

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Fi-Polr..something like:

*Agee recieves gift from person A*

Agee: "Eehhh...um, yeah whatever..." *dry cough*

Agee Thinking: Hehehe, aww thats sweet!

*Agee doesn't receive gift from person B*

Agee: "......Oh..okay..well its the thought that counts." *Staleface*

Agee Thinking: Oh..okay, its like that? You don't like me?! You CHEAP BATCH!!!
    Last edited by Leader; 11-06-2011 at 04:13 PM.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    I can agree with this too.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti PoLR: I'm still stuck on world 3 of Spacechem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    An ENFj and ENTj polr are going to differ, just as the Ni of both, while very similar, differ.

I wish I could put into words what an ENFj polr feels like to me, but in person, it makes me feel like I have to slow down into a linear "Captain Obvious" mode, which I could not even replicate even if I tried to do so. In other moments, I feel as if Im solidified in sea of silence. The connections from within are disparate, and I resent having to explain how I think or feel in relating them back or where they come from.
    What? None of that made any sense.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I do both of those.
    How positively Te-PoLR of octopuslove

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Reply to the thread or STFU ya stalkernazi.
    This is the only time ever that I'm going to hand over an INFj lecture.

LSE have a hard time reading people and because of this they have trouble interpreting relations and discerning people's motives towards them, and hence they hold themselves aloof to others where clear relations and intentions are not established; it gives themselves a buffer to see where people are coming from, which is why you react so over bearing sensitively to me and which offends and upsets me. If you had read a bit of Jung's Te, you would see that Fi is the subconscious function of Te and that is the reason and the location of these sensitive responses, sharp tones of an LSE come from.

I was simply asking for a clarification of what you wrote.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-PoLR: spreading my ignorance through conjecture and not giving a crap about whatever lame thing is happening again outside my current thought process

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Te-polr is all the things Ashton keeps insisting that it's not to a more pathological degree than everyone else. It's like how every girl has PMS, but you only get to take medicine for it if the symptoms are so severe that it causes actual problems in your life. Or how everyone is sad but not everyone is depressed.

Te-polr: I have to fill out this form or I can't keep going to college. I will not fill out this form until several months after it's due. (Not true of all Te-polrs... but a fairly accurate example. Pathological avoidance of pragmatic, easy problems). I also associate Te-polr with: "I can dance a tango, I can read Greek, easy/I can slay a dragon, any old week, easy/What's hard is simple/What's natural comes hard/Maybe you could show me, how to let go/Lower my guard, learn to be free/Maybe if you whistle, whistle for me." The inability to whistle, that's the Te-polr.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing through PoLR is much more definitive than typing through anything else.

----

You are doing things right, but also doing things wrong. I'm going to exhaust you by continually hammering home what I don't like regardless of your replies and I'm not going to say well done for the other stuff.

These complaints will be mostly on issues of method or ethics, because any overlap in value systems will cause my head to itch and explode unless we talk about it.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be very valuable if the experts could get around the table and agree on distinct features of each PoLR which are coherent and simple to follow to aid in people trying to find their type.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe polr: avoid interaction with people
    Fi polr: being distant --> FE HA being too friendly
    Te polr: being stupid and naive
    Ti polr: being an aggressive stupid
    Se polr: taking things too seriously --> SI HA being too skilled (karate, cooking, bodybuilding...)
    Si polr: taking things too seriously --> SE HA blow all your assets into showing off with expensive cars or wristwatches
    Ne polr: destroy others' ideas
    Ni polr: being a restless stupid
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that'll ever happen. I mean, this is Socionics, after all.
    You are right there. I rescind the above post as unrealistic.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I think that Te-polr is all the things Ashton keeps insisting that it's not to a more pathological degree than everyone else. It's like how every girl has PMS, but you only get to take medicine for it if the symptoms are so severe that it causes actual problems in your life. Or how everyone is sad but not everyone is depressed.

Te-polr: I have to fill out this form or I can't keep going to college. I will not fill out this form until several months after it's due. (Not true of all Te-polrs... but a fairly accurate example. Pathological avoidance of pragmatic, easy problems). I also associate Te-polr with: "I can dance a tango, I can read Greek, easy/I can slay a dragon, any old week, easy/What's hard is simple/What's natural comes hard/Maybe you could show me, how to let go/Lower my guard, learn to be free/Maybe if you whistle, whistle for me." The inability to whistle, that's the Te-polr.
    Thank you for this post. For those of you who haven't caught on yet, it reinforces my Te-PoLRness.

Although, to be fair, the mundane tasks rant is usually linked to devalued Si rather than any rational function.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SilverChris

Yes , I got a part time job last yr and when my term was up, I got an extra months wage and an r$800 bonus which was deposited in a temporary account. All I had to do was take my documents to the bank & pick it up. But I put it off for 4 months & had to go to the trouble of contacting my ex-boss and re-opening the account. Thats not normal of most people that I know.

I dont understand te-polr enough yet to give another example ^ and i might not do the same again, we can learn from polr mistakes.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience there is a tendency of sensing types to be better at all the bills, deadlines, etc. matters (everything else being equal - so ESTp will be better than ENTp but won't necessarily be better than INFj, say).

So maybe we should look at something else for Te PoLR, since we have at least two Te-ego types that lack an ego sensing function. Perhaps we might start from the definition of Fe, and seeing how a strong focus (creative) on such function will necessarily leave unattended the "explicity dynamics of objects". An example I might have seen - INFps are usually good with their Ni so it's not easy for me to think about obvious examples - is a tendecy to focus on say the ideal part of a politics campaign, or how a given policy might be "socially fair" or "socially advantageous" for a large set of people (this is in tandem with ), but might have a host of horrible market-wise consequences caused by the interplay of say price incentives or lack thereof (this would be , in this case).

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparentlY i have ne polr but i still haven't the faintest clue what that means for me
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    apparentlY i have ne polr but i still haven't the faintest clue what that means for me
    Check out the thread where me and Ashton are discombobulated about your assertion of low probability of being on a socionics website if you're cool and-or attractive.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Check out the thread where me and Ashton are discombobulated about your assertion of low probability of being on a socionics website if you're cool and-or attractive.
    Idk I could relate to the way she explained it, I just assume everyone on the net is a nerd unless they prove themselves otherwise...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    i knew when i saw that You replied to this thread You were gonna saY that. so You think i'm close-minded and its ne-polr related
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i knew when i saw that You replied to this thread You were gonna saY that. so You think i'm close-minded and its ne-polr related
    Ahaha, no you were being close minded in that specific setting, that doesn't mean someone is close minded about everything in life. Yes I think that was an expression of Ne-PoLR.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eLaBoRaTe

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Idk I could relate to the way she explained it, I just assume everyone on the net is a nerd unless they prove themselves otherwise...
    I thought the same.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. That's ne polr!!
    ILE "Searcher"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast