Thread: We need you to be a leader!

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Oh wow lol

I don't mean that they, themselves were violent, only that while they tried to oppose violence they only succeeded in creating change in government (with minimal cultural change), which means more laws, which means more coercion, which means more violence on the part of the state. Not their fault, but they didn't help anything, really.
    Gandhi is credited with the independence of India and MLK with the change in racial perception in USA
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they didn't actually do those things.

All they did was incite a change of law, which happened to be an INCREASE. Granted, not so much of that was Ghandi's case; as far as I know he took out some big government shit. MLK, however nice and however good at public speaking, and however black, still only managed to increase government. People change on their own; all he did was symbolize the movement to you and others like you in other time periods.

One person DOES NOT, EVER, change the future on so grand a scale. All things that coincide to make any point in the future occur are influenced by everyone and everything; they did have an effect, but no more than everyone else, really. Just because the camera focusses on one face, doesn't mean the others aren't there.

I hate Ni; it really just cripples the thinker.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because the camera focusses on one face, doesn't mean the others aren't there.
    I never said they did it on their own. Just because there is gas, it doesn't mean that there will be fire. You need a firestarter.
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they aren't the firestarters. Everyone are the firestarters. They are only a face to the name of a cause; figureheads placed atop the head of the beast.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom, I believe that all of us have the power. The Force is present in all of us! However, not all of us use the Force. Leaders are the one that use the Force. The go where no one has gone before and leave a path behind... or maybe they provide us with a new way of looking at things.

What you are saying is that people like, for example, Michelangelo... don't really matter. After all, he was just the painter that took the credit for all the work done by all the painters involved in the painting of the Sistine Chapel. In many ways not too different from them. Still using brush and paint.

As it was said in the movie.... What we do in life, echoes in eternity! These people that I mentioned left a larger echo... an echo that reached us.
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing matters: "All we are is shadows and dust, Maximus; shadows and dust..."

See, I can quote movies too lol

Seriously, though: I'm not saying that some people haven't made a larger impact than others from the perspective of the observer, but giving someone those intrinsic, messiah-esque qualities which you (and many, many others) seem to love attributing to people is just fantasy.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think this may be the cause of our dilemma?

I agree with what I believe was your original thought, though; it would be nice if more light was shed on socionics to the general public. It's almost akin to Freud being out of the spotlight, though; people may not like hearing about it because it unnerves them in some fashion. A "spearhead" would be nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, though: I'm not saying that some people haven't made a larger impact than others from the perspective of the observer, but giving someone those intrinsic, messiah-esque qualities which you (and many, many others) seem to love attributing to people is just fantasy.
    I'm not seeing them decoupled from the human race or with any messiah qualities. On the contrary, I see them entirely human, proof of what a living human can do.
    As Seneca put it... most people are not living, they are merely existing.

Leaders are proof of life, proof of what we can be if we wake up.
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love