Hybrid View

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When people tell you to "take it easy"

I HATE it when people tell me to "take it easy"!!! I mean, what the hell. It feels so condescending. Like yeah sure there she goes again blowing things out of proportion and acting all dramatic! How about they start giving a shit. But no, of course it's always some silly, irrational hormonal phase I'm going through. Not to be taken too seriously. Thank you god of all the heavens I have people around me to "help" me in the attempt to morph into a "normal" plastic person who has no real depth of feeling, but wears a permanent smile plastered on their face! The worst part is that they TOTALLY miss what I was trying to convey and dismiss it as some stupid little rant.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Punch them in the chest AS SOON as they say it and they'll think twice before saying it.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Then when they think twice punch them for even contemplating.

People should mind their own business.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I HATE it when people tell me to "take it easy"!!! I mean, what the hell. It feels so condescending. Like yeah sure there she goes again blowing things out of proportion and acting all dramatic! How about they start giving a shit. But no, of course it's always some silly, irrational hormonal phase I'm going through. Not to be taken too seriously. Thank you god of all the heavens I have people around me to "help" me in the attempt to morph into a "normal" plastic person who has no real depth of feeling, but wears a permanent smile plastered on their face! The worst part is that they TOTALLY miss what I was trying to convey and dismiss it as some stupid little rant.
    I think you should get off your soap box and stfu. Why should other people be expected to be subjected to your temper tantrums when they don't want to?

I hardly see temper tantrums as depth of feeling, unless you deeply feel immature and selfish.

Didn't your last ESTp boyfriend get pissed off with you about this (I'm sure you mentioned it in the threads you made when he dumped you), if so maybe this isn't just type related.

You should grow up a little and stop expecting people to pander to you in a way that you think suits you.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think you should get off your soap box and stfu. Why should other people be expected to be subjected to your temper tantrums when they don't want to?

I hardly see temper tantrums as depth of feeling, unless you deeply feel immature and selfish.

Didn't your last ESTp boyfriend get pissed off with you about this (I'm sure you mentioned it in the threads you made when he dumped you), if so maybe this isn't just type related.

You should grow up a little and stop expecting people to pander to you in a way that you think suits you.
    What the fuck is YOUR problem? Who the fuck are you to qualify MY feelings for me? Okay, the oracle has spoken! The absolute and ultimate word has been given, therefore it's fact!!!!!!! God, you're so clueless, it's sad. Yet you presume you know exactly what what I wrote about consisted of. Did I ever say I stomped around with a big pout on my face while I broke everything in sight and cussed people out? You don't know shit. How the hell is telling someone that you are afraid to fall in love because you've been burned so many times before, a tantrum? Well, guess what? Maybe I am a selfish little bitch for expressing how I feel, but so are you. You, for not being able to see past your own nose. Take a look at yourself before you're so damn ready to throw stones at me. Get off your fucking high horse and look around you. Or better yet, within you. Hey, whatever, at least I have the consolation of knowing that I'm not a big fucking asshole like you. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Creepy-Cyclops

What the fuck is YOUR problem? Who the fuck are you to qualify MY feelings for me? Okay, the oracle has spoken! The absolute and ultimate word has been given, therefore it's fact!!!!!!! God, you're so clueless, it's sad. Yet you presume you know exactly what what I wrote about consisted of. Did I ever say I stomped around with a big pout on my face while I broke everything in sight and cussed people out? You don't know shit. How the hell is telling someone that you are afraid to fall in love because you've been burned so many times before, a tantrum? Well, guess what? Maybe I am a selfish little bitch for expressing how I feel, but so are you. You, for not being able to see past your own nose. Take a look at yourself before you're so damn ready to throw stones at me. Get off your fucking high horse and look around you. Or better yet, within you. Hey, whatever, at least I have the consolation of knowing that I'm not a big fucking asshole like you. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Sirena, considering we have spent many hours msn'ing and talking on skype including these very subjects, and that I have experienced what you refer to with you, you are wrong to say I am clueless on this subject at least with you, and your post is disgustingly misleading.

If your thread was to have people agree with you, fine, or if it was to find out others thoughts, then take it easy
    Last edited by Cyclops; 04-26-2009 at 10:35 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you say something bothers you most people are just gonna do it more, cause they're assholes.

Remember kiddo:

If it ain't your best friend, romantic partner (MUTUAL LOVE), or your IMMEDIATE family: Then it's your competitor. Everybody else is competing for resources. Never ever forget that.

It's just the way of the world.

Oh and, any one of those people can betray you at any given time too. Yep.

Look out for #1 (Until an SLE comes along and saves you). And that means, learning how to keep your cool.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well yeah.

Reality checks. Most people have no desire whatsoever to help you. They get off on pretending to be your friend, and then stabbing you in the back after you shared information with them. I'm not bitter. I'm realistic.

If somebody has more external power than you? Stay clear away from them until you're on a more even playing field. And just....ignore their taunts or fake bull-shit 'advice.'

Please don't be naive. Most people are against you. They're not for you. Sometimes as an IEI every thing you do you have to be cautious and mindful of exactly what it will get for you, how will you benefit from this.

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sirena, considering we have spent many hours msn'ing and talking on skype including these very subjects, and that I have experienced what you refer to with you, you are wrong to say I am clueless on this subject at least with you, and your post is disgustingly misleading.

If your thread was to have people agree with you, fine, or if it was to find out others thoughts, then take it easy
    Which only serves to prove my point.

And I would GREATLY appreciate it if you stopped reading into my intentions.

Creepy-Cyclops

Which only serves to prove my point.

And I would GREATLY appreciate it if you stopped reading into my intentions.
    How does it prove your point? I already proved, with evidence, that I wasn't clueless on the subject. Any judge judy would see that I am able to have at least a slightly informed opinion on the subject. However in the interests of co-operation, I can delete my posts about this on this thread if you want.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

ok...
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what exactly is your intention in saying all this? maybe deep down you'd like to be helpful? other wise you're sort of wasting your time... your other intention could be to get people to agree with you and your own tantrum?

either way you've omitted any sort of consideration for feelings on the surface. i'm just wondering what your actual intentions are in saying this? hm.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be perfectly honest with you, I often say something along the lines of "take of easy" to people who are visibly upset or worked up. I don't say it to be condescending or dismissive, but instead because personally I'm not sure how to deal with someone who is reacting like that. When I'm upset I get deadly calm and serious and "overly logical" (lol). Anyway, I just wanted to share my experiences from the other side of the spectrum to offer some insight into what I believe you are calling a "normal plastic person who has no real depth of feeling," because that isn't always the case. People just have different modes of coping when upset or worked up.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Hey, take it easy mon.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few months ago I woke up after having a dream about my-girlfriend that left me with a horrible feeling. I felt terrible, even though I was conscious it was a dream. I decided to walk to the local shop to grab some food. On the way down I was thinking hard about what happened. Suddenly, a tall Rastafarian walks past me and says "Eh, man, it can't be that bad".

If it had been a year ago I would have probably told him to mind him own business before returning to enigmatic elitism. Instead, I looked at him and said "You're probably right, dude". My day instantly became superb.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of trying to calm people down with the intent of getting them back to a reasonable perspective, I'm wondering if I shouldn't start feeding their emotions instead.

If I can't induce heart-attacks and nervous breakdowns, I may at least be able to influence destructive behaviour that fills my need for entertainment.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Instead of trying to calm people down with the intent of getting them back to a reasonable perspective, I'm wondering if I shouldn't start feeding their emotions instead.

If I can't induce heart-attacks and nervous breakdowns, I may at least be able to influence destructive behaviour that fills my need for entertainment.
    Do that and induce yet another wave of calling you LSI.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Do that and induce yet another wave of calling you LSI.
    No big deal - not like I'm going to read any of it, anyway.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-Cyclops

I suspect it would leave you feeling un-satisfied in the long run, being ISTp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect it would leave you feeling un-satisfied in the long run, being ISTp
    Alas, this is one hypothesis that will forever remain unfalsified.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-Cyclops

I was referring to the bolded part, you are saying that people who don't act like you have no depth of feeling ie they are shallow. Shallow is the opposite of deep, ie depth.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, spring - love is in the air.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-male

Ahh, spring - love is in the air.
    Delta dry ice

Creepy-Cyclops

I disagree that advice is rarely out of good intentions, consider a socionics caregiver.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiousity, what would have been your preferred reaction from him?
    See below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    It might be because they don't know what else to say. It would annoy me too. If I'm telling someone something then I want them to acknowledge it and take me seriously, even if it IS some hormonal phase. If I told someone something that was really bothering me, and they just said, "Take it easy" I'd be angry. They might as well laugh at me and say my concerns are stupid. That's what they're saying anyway. "That doesn't matter, don't think about that," but it DOES matter, to me, or I wouldn't be saying something.
    Diana, I u! You totally nailed it! This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to say in the form of like 5 long posts where I've basically been going around in circles. This is precisely what bothers me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See below.
    I understand the reason you took offense.

I'm interested in what the right response would have been in this specific instance. What words or actions would have made you feel good/better?

Placing myself in your shoes, I might have liked hearing, as one example of many, "I never realized you felt like that. Do you have any ideas about how we could make this work?" As a consequence, whether or not I had any ideas, it would present the opportunity for me to open up in a safe environment and allow myself to deal with the internal tension.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiousity, what would have been your preferred reaction from him?
    I understand the reason you took offense.

I'm interested in what the right response would have been in this specific instance. What words or actions would have made you feel good/better?

Placing myself in your shoes, I might have liked hearing, as one example of many, "I never realized you felt like that. Do you have any ideas about how we could make this work?" As a consequence, whether or not I had any ideas, it would present the opportunity for me to open up in a safe environment and allow myself to deal with the internal tension.
    Yes, that would have worked perfectly because basically what I needed was for my feelings to be acknowledged and responded to in a logical way, if that makes sense. In a way that gave me the reassurance I needed, the opportunity to feel comfortable opening up and a stabilizing force to help ease the madness in my head. In other words...getting the feeling that they're saying "I understand that this is bothering you right now and that's okay and I care enough that I would like to see how we could work through it." You know?