Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Children of Dual relations...

If you know dual couples irl, what are the types of the children born out of Dual relationships according to your experience?
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is an interesting question. I'm going to answer you 20 years from now, after I type my children from my own marriage with a dual
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know 1 for sure dual couple and their type is IEE/SLI and their kids are SLE/IEI, so it's a dual couple with dual sons which is funny now that I think about it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that would influence their children's type.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an EIE/LSI couple with an ESE son.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LII uncle married an ESE. I think their kids are ESE and ILE.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two families I know:

LSI+EIE

Children: LSI, LSI, IEE

ESI+LIE

Children: LSI, IEE

Generally, I think the type of the parents could have something to do with the type of the children. But I dont see how duality could have anything to do with it.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

For stats about types opinions should be goten from trusty sources and not from random people.

The most interesting are types in identity IR pairs of different types.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ugh
    Lse are so bad at raising children. They are all about discipline and the way they were raised that they can’t grow and learn new ways of parenting and nurturing.

I am so good at it and want someone to have babies for me.

I’m nurturing loving affirming and I’m constantly educating myself on being a gentle parent.

My daughter said something out loud the other day in front of my LSE she said “mommy you are the best greatest mommy in the whole world.” Lol
    I ask him to leave parenting to me because I’m wonderful at it. Not bragging.

Well I don’t know too many dual couple honestly
    I know more activity and mirror couples than duals.

We’re duals
    My child is either EII or ESI
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-19-2023 at 05:55 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    My LII uncle married an ESE. I think their kids are ESE and ILE.
    Same quadra family. THAT IS COOL

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MathHysteriaOfSoul
    Same quadra family. THAT IS COOL
    I dunno. It's not a perfect family. The mother has mental health trouble, the father is depressed. Kids are more alright but the ILE is having trouble not flunking out of school. The ESE is very sheltered.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a relatively common phenomena that a child has the same type as one of their parents, but don't demand any statistics or proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a child of dual parents. Dad is LIE and Mom is ESI. I'm LII and my sister is IEE. Definitely a weird home to grow up in. Also it kind of makes dating weird because your expectation for what defines a positive, healthy relationship winds up being very different than most people’s. My parents had zero shared interests/hobbies despite being very emotionally and mentally close. They automatically know why the other acts a certain way in any situation. They also act like two parts of a single unit in most respects but they also ‘play zones’ a lot. They sort of each take responsibility for a certain area of life and the other just defers to that person to take care of that (for example, my dad relies on my mom for anything life admin related). They don't really function as well when they're forced to separate- if one of them has to go away for a few days, the other seems very off (almost less assured).
    Last edited by Echo; 03-18-2024 at 02:33 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

would be interesting to know whether the parents' strong functions are mirrored in the childs' type or if the children develop according to what's missing (e.g. the parents' ignored or role functions, or their suggestives)

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imho I am inclined to think that there is a priori no correlations between the duality of parents and the type of their children. That said, the influence of the parents on their children is in direct correlation with their worldview, education, socialt status etc.. We must not forget that parents (or primary caregivers) have the greatest influence on the construct of the SuperEgo (in the Freudian sense). However, real problem might occur in adolescence crisis if it turns out that the child has no Quadra values affinities with his or her parents, in fact in this case, real issues might develop even earlier in his or her life depending on the context.

TIM
    ESTp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta came from Beta.

EIE LSI had an only, me.

Semi duals in fam. ESE LSI had LSI SLI boys.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's a rule written in stone but at least my dual has dual parents, and she has the same type (SLI) as the Dad and her brother has the same type as the mother (IEE, maybe SEE, but seems intuitive, surely ExFP). Her family is pretty stable and harmonious according to her descriptions.

My parents are an IEE-LSI couple. They had ESE, IEE and EII kids.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 03-18-2024 at 09:04 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My parents were pretty obvious duals, ESE-Fe mom and LII-Ti dad. They made a IEI-Ni son and I don't know the type of my sister. She's either IEI like me or ESI.

TIM
    ESTp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thought crossed my mind a few times on the propensity of type by the numbers with certain parents.

Overall it balances out in the population like XX XY are even. I suppose any way.

MBTI stats show otherwise in US. N is 1/4 here, about.

Most of my bio family was S. I posted a family pic. here in a thread somewhere with 1 intuitive /5. IEE is in it, with LSE SLI SLI SEE.

My dad's sisters are ESI LSI. His mom LSI and dad LSE.

Mom's bro is ST.

Wife has ESE sis, LSI bro, SLI mom.

Boom! S triumphs.
    Last edited by Distance; 03-19-2024 at 01:30 AM.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is ESI with a LIE mother and ESI father. Of course it makes dating much easier. She was basically the first girl I met without psychological problems ( i never dated much because I had bad experiences in that domain, especially made up jealousy)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if you’re more likely to be interested in socionics if you grew up around a dual couple?

TIM
    SEI-H
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics can be considered a pretty obscure thing but there is MBTI and if you search a few times Reddit posts interchanging Socionics concepts and MBTI and some actual Socionics sites would show up too, specially the ones that use naming system similar to MBTI but with just the last letter smaller. That's even how I saw this whole thing in the first place. MBTI is very popular. I even had to take it 2-3 times in school on separate occasions. I'm inclined to give luck and algorithm some credit. This is not that underground. The only thing preventing others from focusing on this is the sites are atrocious and the English is wonky.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My wife is ESI with a LIE mother and ESI father. Of course it makes dating much easier. She was basically the first girl I met without psychological problems ( i never dated much because I had bad experiences in that domain, especially made up jealousy)
    I am so jealous of you, FDG. Finding an ESI without psychological problems is my goal. I've met and dated a few ESIs but they have all been over thirty, and all of them have had attachment problems, which I attribute to bad parenting. The only one I would consider marrying is 28 years old. She had good, caring parents. They were an EIE psychologist mother and an SEE human rights lawyer. She seems to be entirely without psychological problems, but she's way younger than I am and she's a lesbian.
    She also told me that she doesn't see any benefit to marrying a Dual person who has completely different interests than she does. She'd rather marry someone who shares her interests and with whom, she and they can do stuff together.

Oh, well. The Search goes on.

On the topic of Dual parents, mine were not Duals, and I subconsciously tried to reconstruct their messed-up marriage when I got married. My parents were LSE and SLI, and my marriage was LIE and SLI. I think I would have done a much better job of marrying a Dual early if I had had LIE-ESI parents, because imitating your parent's marriage in your own is a real thing.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I am so jealous of you, FDG. Finding an ESI without psychological problems is my goal. I've met and dated a few ESIs but they have all been over thirty, and all of them have had attachment problems, which I attribute to bad parenting. The only one I would consider marrying is 28 years old. She had good, caring parents. They were an EIE psychologist mother and an SEE human rights lawyer. She seems to be entirely without psychological problems, but she's way younger than I am and she's a lesbian.
    She also told me that she doesn't see any benefit to marrying a Dual person who has completely different interests than she does. She'd rather marry someone who shares her interests and with whom, she and they can do stuff together.

On the topic of Dual parents, mine were not Duals, and I subconsciously tried to reconstruct their messed-up marriage when I got married. My parents were LSE and SLI, and my marriage was LIE and SLI. I think I would have done a much better job of marrying a Dual early if I had had LIE-ESI parents, because imitating your parent's marriage in your own is a real thing.
    The general story goes: Among many humans pairs are formed when they are young, the first set of them stays together, another one splits up. The second set will pair up again with different halves and then split. Then they rinse and repeat it until they drop dead. The third set of humans chooses an easy life and live happily alone ever after, the fourth one chooses the hard life, and live miserably alone ever after.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am lucky that we met at the university so we have similar interests.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I am lucky that we met at the university so we have similar interests.
    like attracts like. people who like the same things, tend to like each other. from my observation, the people that have been together for a very long time tend to be almost alike. considering that some dual descriptions describe duality as "almost becoming the same person", I wonder if socionists actually made a mistake and observed identicals with similar subtypes and not people who have entirely different types. would be a funny flaw in the theory
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know. If your parents are in your quadra, then I would totally agree. But mine were gammas and I’m an alpha. So I wound up in one toxic long-term relationship with an ILI for seven years before deciding to call it quits. Then I was in one with an SEE, which I think was my unconscious mind trying to reconcile my dual-seeking instincts with associating gamma values with a positive marriage. I wish I had found socionics sooner. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know one dual couple, an IEE-Fi and SLI-Si pair. I am unsure about the SLI assessment. But their children are LSE-Te and ILE-Ne. I probably know more and just have not been able to type them.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oof. <3 💗

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    You never know. If your parents are in your quadra, then I would totally agree. But mine were gammas and I’m an alpha. So I wound up in one toxic long-term relationship with an ILI for seven years before deciding to call it quits. Then I was in one with an SEE, which I think was my unconscious mind trying to reconcile my dual-seeking instincts with associating gamma values with a positive marriage. I wish I had found socionics sooner. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache.