Thread: SLE/ESTp straight edge vs try anything once attitude

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp straight edge vs try anything once attitude

Which is more preferable to you?

Personally, I take a relatively moderate approach. In terms of drugs, I've only gone as a far as E, and wouldn't go any further, especially not at this time in my life. In terms of drink, I drink about as much as your average uni student - probably less.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it when you'll try anything once, you know, and then after you try it you criticize it until it's funny.

I'm going to see my SLE Mom today for Jesus/Rabbit Day... She's been trying a lot of new age artsy fartsy bullshit recently, because she's an early 70s hippie and she's getting back into it... She's going to rip on it.

My old SLE boarding school roommate was a crazy bastard... Always on the mescaline. (He was from the Turks and Caicos, and said it was normal there... But somehow I doubt it.)

I see the straight-edge SLE at the gym almost everytime I go... I look at them and sense that they're totally empty.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Which is more preferable to you?

Personally, I take a relatively moderate approach. In terms of drugs, I've only gone as a far as E, and wouldn't go any further, especially not at this time in my life. In terms of drink, I drink about as much as your average uni student - probably less.
    I don't think this is type-related. I've known squeaky clean SLEs as well as hedonistic ones.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't think this is type-related. I've known squeaky clean SLEs as well as hedonistic ones.
    I agree that it's not type related, but I didn't think it was in the first place. I was just interested to know how other SLEs lived their lives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just add that I started out an athlete (basketball, bmx, skateboarding) when young, and slowly turned to shit with the drug use. Still kind of skate, but not much. I never took up the athletic lifestyle like I once did. I'm more straight edge/healthy, but not in a gymrat/active sort of way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I would just add that I started out an athlete (basketball, bmx, skateboarding) when young, and slowly turned to shit with the drug use. Still kind of skate, but not much. I never took up the athletic lifestyle like I once did. I'm more straight edge/healthy, but not in a gymrat/active sort of way.
    Yeah, drugs do subtle things to your mindset without you even realising. Like slow spiralling depression/lack of zest for life. Not cool.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Yeah, drugs do subtle things to your mindset without you even realising. Like slow spiralling depression/lack of zest for life. Not cool.
    burn you out, but so can too much of anything.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, funny you guys replied in a different way to how I expected people to reply. You saw it as my asking "would you rather get with a straight edge or 'try anything' SLE?", when what I actually meant was "SLEs, do you prefer to be straight edge or 'try anything one'?"

Don't stop though, I want to see responses from both sides now.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I like it when you'll try anything once, you know, and then after you try it you criticize it until it's funny.
    So true.

I see the straight-edge SLE at the gym almost everytime I go... I look at them and sense that they're totally empty.
    Empty as in boring/soulless?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Judgemental attitude is out. Control of actions is in.
    I'm one of the most judgemental bastards on earth.

That's not quite true.

But I am judgemental.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Smart girl. Stay away from the drugs. It destroys friendships & relationships. =/