Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    FTR, I have very little empathy. One of my best friends who is Beta extrovert has very little empathy. Many of the guys I know in OTC have very little empathy (they are probably primarily Beta and Alpha, although I know a few who are probably Gamma SFs and they react badly to some of the unempathic things I say/do).

On the other hand, my mother and her fiancée have a lot of empathy. I think they are both Delta.

Simplistic, typical SLE deduction: Fi = empathy, Fe = no empathy.
    Mr. Saturn seemed empathetic to me. :tongue:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Mr. Saturn seemed empathetic to me. :tongue:
    I learned something this week.

(1) Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.
    (2) Assume makes an ass out of u and me.

While neither principles are particularly relevant in this case, what is relevant is that you assumed I was referring to Mr. Saturn. I was not. I was referring to one of my house mates.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I learned something this week.

(1) Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.
    (2) Assume makes an ass out of u and me.

While neither principles are particularly relevant in this case, what is relevant is that you assumed I was referring to Mr. Saturn. I was not. I was referring to one of my house mates.

No. You assumed that I assumed you were referring to Mr. Saturn! I didn't assume that at all. I mentioned him because he is leading and you said =empathy while seeming to claim that valuing extroverts aren't empathetic. Please don't assume I'm assuming that you think it's that black and white either. God, people and their assumptions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No. You assumed that I assumed you were referring to Mr. Saturn! I didn't assume that at all. I mentioned him because he is leading and you said =empathy while seeming to claim that valuing extroverts aren't empathetic. Please don't assume I'm assuming that you think it's that black and white either. God, people and their assumptions.
    I assume that you meant that way from the start as well.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I assume
    Oh dear.

Creepy-

If the ability to feel empathy was type-related, then the inability to feel empathy would also be type-related, is not the case.

I think the ability to feel empathy has more to do w general mental health than socionics type.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    If the ability to feel empathy was type-related, then the inability to feel empathy would also be type-related, is not the case.

I think the ability to feel empathy has more to do w general mental health than socionics type.
    To be honest, i have this horrible habit of seeing almost EVERYTHING as being type related. Its probablly a sign of how fucken far gone into socionics ive become . Here is my explanation: I would say some types (ethical especially) are more prone to getting information about peoples facial features, body language signs, and noticing deviations from how people act normally for example. Surely if that is the case then they are more prone to processing this information and comming to a conclusion about what it means? I actually dont see how it is not partially type related. With that being said every single person posesses all of the functions, and in the heat of a moment like when someone is crying or really upset, all types no matter what POLR's they had would focus some of their attention to the feelings of the other people, and may experience empathy. Its possible however that what someone else said earlier, some types pick up on more subtle variations on this more often and thus experience empathy more often.

I do see the Feeling + Intuition misrepresented on this forum a lot. I tried to explain this type of thing to an LSE and he said that i clearly believe i am magical. It seems impossible for him to believe that a larger part of his brain is dedicated to processing Logical matters and a larger part of my brain has developed to processing ethical matters. I think these systems evolved because they both had some importance in early humans passing on their genes.

I would happily conceed that empathy would be somewhat related to Fe more than Fi. It begins with an observation of external queues. What function(s) then are best at intergrating the information i have no idea. I agree with Calenwen's early description the most here. I actually dont think i focus that much on how others are feeling. I work in mental health and quite often i am confronted by huge blasts of emotion. I can understand why they are upset and know they are upset but i dont think i would ever describe what i do as feeling what they feel. Im more sober, and that seems a bit foreign to me actually. It could be to do with the fact that Fe for me is a producing function. When i want to i can create a huge smile and regulate my voice tones for different occasions etc, but im not quite as prone to accepting that information.

If i walk into a party though i will instantly notice those who are socially uncomfortable first. Its like a radar going off in my brain i cannot ignore it at all.
    Last edited by meatburger; 04-15-2009 at 02:45 PM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin