Thread: Discussion of INFp/IEI stereotypes: can you relate?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Discussion of INFp/IEI stereotypes: can you relate?

Hmmm... well I'm certainly not goofy-looking! LOL I guess you might chalk some of that up to subtype/enneagram/instinct stacking. You definitely do seem more aggressive than some other IEIs I know (most of whom are Ni-sub) I do consider myself emotionally tough. I feel like I can stand up to my own feelings as well as handle the feelings of others without wilting or freaking out or whatever. I totally love both the physical groundedness of SLEs as well as their goal-oriented mindset and occasional in-your-face manner. I feel like being around them makes me stronger. It's like their Se rubs off on me or something. Gives me my own motivation and purpose somehow. It's true, I'm NOT a good leader. I really suck at leading actually. And I don't prefer to be the one to take initiative but I will do it sometimes. I've gotten better with that as I've gotten older. The marrying for money thing is b.s. But I do think that IEIs can be very adaptable (at least the enneatype 4s are. 6s have a harder time because they tend to worry about having enough). If they don't have money, they can make-do and be happy with very little. I feel like my adaptability is one of my strongest assets. Not to say I don't appreciate the finer things in life, just that I don't need those things to be content. (maybe it's not type-related)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think you can be EIE? I related to alot of what you post, I don't like asking for help also etc...
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    You think you can be EIE? I related to alot of what you post, I don't like asking for help also etc...
    that thought did cross my mind also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    FWIW, Wittmont knows me personally, and he's 100% certian I'm IEI. Wouldn't he known if I was his mirror instead of his identical?? How would our relations differ if we were IEI-EIE friends instead of IEI-IEI friends? Does anyone know the difference?
    this actually convinces me the most that you're IEI. It's so much easier to tell in real life. And I feel like I always can spot my identicals. EIEs are more hard-edged and purpose-driven or something. Maybe it would be easier to spot the rationality vs. irrationality or the EJ temperament. But you know, given your dating history with SLEs, I think IEI is pretty much a solid typing choice for you.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I relate the most to strrrng, Juju and Glamourama of the Beta NFs (not necessarily in opinions, but in "style"), and I do think they are all IEIs.
    Well, you know, you're wrong about one.

My type's been obvious to me since right about Christmas '08... Everything about Socionics clicked suddenly--whereas before it was all somewhat nebulous.

I write this, you know, just so you take it into account...

If the choice is between Fe-IEI and Ni-EIE... In another thread, someone posted a video of the actor named Robt Pattinson... A clear Fe-IEI... Compare with, for example, Dennis Hopper or John Lennon... clear Ni-EIEs.

It can be tough to tell these two types apart, you know?

(I don't know shit about the enneagram. Frankly, I think it's bullshit, a lot of it... But you know, maybe there's something to the 3-4 stuff... 3w4 is pretty clear for me, as far as that system is concerned... You are 4w3?)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    EIEs are more hard-edged and purpose-driven or something. Maybe it would be easier to spot the rationality vs. irrationality or the EJ temperament.
    The EJ-IP difference can be small re: EIE-IEI... (See Lennon-Tupac comparison in another thread.) This makes it all the harder to tell the difference in some cases.

I agree with you that dating history can tell a lot...That's partly what helped me to get my type right. E.g. It finally hit me that there's no way that the SLE is my dual, as much as I enjoy their company. (SLE is my Mom's type--an activity relation if ever there was one...) Whereas my relationships with LSIs were life-altering.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    You're always asking for help \

Come on you posted a thread saying that you were a virgin. That to me was asking for help.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps, like any other type, have several characterizing qualities that lead to stereotypes, poor or otherwise.

My main point is that, while stereotypes may have some bearing, there are always exceptions; there are not only 32 types of people in the world.

Look at Nietzsche: Ni IEI all the way, and he's pretty much as badass as philosiphers get.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've encountered some funny passages in IEI descriptions, like this one for example: "Esenin as a fox makes a huge amount of secret "stashes" around the house."

Do IEIs really stash things around their home?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    I've encountered some funny passages in IEI descriptions, like this one for example: "Esenin as a fox makes a huge amount of secret "stashes" around the house."

Do IEIs really stash things around their home?
    hahaha! I don't think I do that, though I do save pasta jars to reuse them.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are IEI girls usually very feminine as the profiles describe them?
    Last edited by yeves; 10-13-2014 at 10:34 PM.