Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

21/36

I do terrible on these sorts of tests. I'm even below the average for Asperger/High Functioning Autism people (21.9)

How about that?

For most of them, I never felt sure I was right. I could usually rule out one or two possibilities but that was it. So it was alot of guessing.

I wonder if LII's typically score low on these sorts of tests. Reading facial expressions I think would be related to F and E and maybe even dynamic types since I think they'd be more likely to detect a minor change in someone's expression.

On the big five, I typically score high on introversion, high on openness, high average on conscientiousness, low average on neuroticism and the agreeableness score varies- probably somewhere in the middle.

So |R|coxI
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I wonder if LII's typically score low on these sorts of tests. Reading facial expressions I think would be related to F and E and maybe even dynamic types since I think they'd be more likely to detect a minor change in someone's expression.
    I got 29/36, and found it surprisingly easy. I thought I would be terrible at it.

Looking at the various scores in this thread, it doesn't appear to be correlated with type at all. Maybe subtype, perhaps? But I've been studying subtype so much lately, I tend to think everything is subtype.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

34/36. Most of them were incredibly easy. Only three or four took me more than a couple of seconds.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I got 29/36, and found it surprisingly easy. I thought I would be terrible at it.

Looking at the various scores in this thread, it doesn't appear to be correlated with type at all. Maybe subtype, perhaps? But I've been studying subtype so much lately, I tend to think everything is subtype.
    I would think harmonizing subtypes might do well at this. Then again, I suspect I may be a harmonizing subtype and I did lousy.

Probably not very subtype related either.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but much of that went over my head :redface:

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Does a high score on this test correlate with VI skills?
    Doubtful, because mine suck some major ballsack.

I guess this has been a humbling day.
    Stan is not my real name.

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Doubtful, because mine suck some major ballsack.
    lol that's a refreshing opinion.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only got 27, which I find strange since people are always telling me I can practically "read their mind" and I am very good in person (or on the phone even) at picking up on people's emotions.

I think part of it is it is subjective depending on how you react to an expression. For example, the ones that said "despondent" or "uninterested" etc I actually though looked sort of interestingly introverted and I would have put "confident" or "focused" for those eyes. The "friendly" eyes looked anything but friendly to me, but instead looked too foreceful ((they looked kinda Beta ST). One person's idea of "friendly" is different than another person's.

Also some of the "hesitant" eyes just looked introverted.

A lot of the expressions also looked a bit overdone to me, like the female "playful" or "flirting" eyes looked like some lame ad of how to attract women. I don't think most expressions are so blatant expect when done by models trying to express something so clearly.

I guess I agree w/ what mercutio wrote on the 1st page of this thread.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 34/36
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"embarrassed" and "confused" are too similar in the vocabularies
    in Chrome the flash is needed to be switched on by the button on left of the sites link field

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I got 19 out of 36.
    Mb if there were used as examples people of Japan or at least Asian race your results would be higher. It seems as harder for me to type by nonverbal people of noneuropean alike races.

> It could be mostly cultural though (direct eye contact considered rude). I'm considered to have pretty high EQ by those around me.

sure, your results are too low. some additional factors made the testing as nonvalid
    Last edited by Sol; 10-05-2019 at 05:01 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

"embarrassed" and "confused" are too similar in the vocabularies
    in Chrome the flash is needed to be switched on by the button on left of the sites link field

Mb if there were used as examples people of Japan or at least Asian race your results would be higher. It seems as harder for me to type by nonverbal people of noneuropean alike races.

> It could be mostly cultural though (direct eye contact considered rude). I'm considered to have pretty high EQ by those around me.

sure, your results are too low. some additional factors made the testing as nonvalid
    She is biracial sol. Not to mention she was born and/or raised in an English speaking country.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    She is biracial sol. Not to mention she was born and/or raised in an English speaking country.
    Seems this was not enough. I do not see other reasons for her results so much beyond average. I doubt she has an autism.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Seems this was not enough. I do not see other reasons for her results so much beyond average. I doubt she has an autism.
    Idk. I took it in this thread a long time ago, before my browser had new modern security measures. I know all the right answers now so I will always get them right from now on. What I have seen cannot be unseen. I remember one thing about the link in op, the images, for me, were tiny so I mostly guessed. I took it on another site with large images and did much better. I clicked the link in op and got this:

Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test (Revised, Adult)

Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test (Adult Test)
    Return to the quiz software homepage.
    Sorry. You need to have both Javascript and Flash enabled to view this content.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I clicked the link in op and got this
    Flash is disabled by the default in recent Chrome versions. It can be switched on manually for the concrete sites by the description above.

"in Chrome the flash is needed to be switched on by the button on left of the sites link field"
    Open the site. Press 'i' sign to the left of the browser's link field -> Site settings -> Flash -> "allow". Reload the page.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, @Sol is actually right, in this case. I pretty much never interacted closely with non-Asian people even still, except with teachers at school. 90% of my middle/highschool spoke a language at home other than English primarily, according to officially released data. My European father is probably high key autistic and ILI, and was born with an eye deformity that required surgery when he was younger. So he never moved his eyes normally.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Well, @Sol is actually right, in this case. I pretty much never interacted closely with non-Asian people even still, except with teachers at school. 90% of my middle/highschool spoke a language at home other than English primarily, according to officially released data. My European father is probably high key autistic and ILI, and was born with an eye deformity that required surgery when he was younger. So he never moved his eyes normally.

I actually didn't have sbdds in mind, at first, when I read sol's post. I thought of my friend Uni (the one I mentioned in ancestry thread who is half Asian too). I had him do this test months ago and he got 31 correct. He was born and raised in the US by his Asian mom since his dad lived in a different state. He went to a school that was mostly Asian. He was also diagnosed with mild autism when he was in high school. He did well on the test so I am not sure how good this test is at determining asd or not. It has been revised due to issues. He said it was fine I share all this since it is relevant to the test. I wouldn't without asking him first.

He self types Delta NF, fwiw.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I had him do this test months ago and he got 31 correct.
    This kind of tests may be useful to type T/F dichotomy. As F types would be suspected the ones with >= average+sigma results (I suppose sigma is 3-4 there, so >= 30). Also we got that the test mb not valid for people mostly communicated with other races since the childhood.

It's possibly to do an article: "The correlation between Jungian dichotomy T/F and EQ tests [or how else those are called]". It needs two tests: dichotomy and EQ. And >= 15 of people tested. Besides results of dichotomy test, there also may be results of the typing in general (as tests are not perfect). It's important to also input the results goten by a dichotomy test anyway, as it's a formalized testing method. EQ testing is better to do after dichotomy testing and the tested human should not know the results about own Jung type beforehand.

> He self types Delta NF, fwiw.

Among ethnical Asians I communicated with the most (we were in same uni group) was also a delta guy (SLI). An ethnically Korean (at least the father was from Northern Korea). He had a pal with seems ILE type, they could know each other from the school. He lives in USA now. His pal may visit USA regularly by job tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I don't install ancient software crap on my pc.
    Chrome may to have it inbuilt.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually didn't have sbdds in mind, at first, when I read sol's post. I thought of my friend Uni (the one I mentioned in ancestry thread who is half Asian too). I had him do this test months ago and he got 31 correct. He was born and raised in the US by his Asian mom since his dad lived in a different state. He went to a school that was mostly Asian. He was also diagnosed with mild autism when he was in high school. He did well on the test so I am not sure how good this test is at determining asd or not. It has been revised due to issues. He said it was fine I share all this since it is relevant to the test. I wouldn't without asking him first.

He self types Delta NF, fwiw.
    Idk how to describe this properly, but I think also, Uniden might present as more Asian, and more friendly maybe (delta NF vs beta ST), than I do. Maybe he got more expressiveness directed at him. Maybe he was surrounded by less deadpan people in general, idk (I grew up in the Pacific Northwest where it's rainy and cold all year round and people are emo AF, and poor struggling immigrants). It probably gets into specific details like that. It's interesting though.

Also the um Asian community I was raised in was really big/dense. Like it's famous worldwide for being like a new Hong Kong kind of. It wasn't just my school but my greater community too, with that basic demographic. I was kind of outcasted for it (thanks to presenting as more white or at least non-stereotypically-Chinese.. i.e. people would more commonly guess Japanese, Korean, Native American or Hispanic), yet there weren't many non-Asian people around me to interact with.
    Last edited by sbbds; 10-07-2019 at 12:42 AM.