Thread: Pickiness in choosing a significant other

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Actually, the other way 'round, Ssmall. I think Deltas are going to be the choosiest quadra, since the STs want stable relationships and the NFs are perpetually in a grassisgreener mindframe (though how EII Ones approach this, I'm not sure?)

Whereas, I suppose, Alpha irrationals sort of expect turmoil and just hook up with whoever gives them good Fe.

As an Alpha rational, I would say, I'm very picky... but only in my mind! I think ESEs are naturally inclined to have sudden intense infatuations, especially since we're Caregivers (shallow bastards ) and Fe-base (very easy to energize/mobilize). I pretty much need to be in love with someone or something, or I just feel lost...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Actually, the other way 'round, Ssmall. I think Deltas are going to be the choosiest quadra, since the STs want stable relationships and the NFs are perpetually in a grassisgreener mindframe (though how EII Ones approach this, I'm not sure?)
    Honestly, EIIs (many) seem to think of themselves as totally unable to affect relationships. They just maintain whatever is going on around them, and 'hope' that someone good comes along, or hope that the person they are with 'improves' or 'gets better'.

Or sort of picture themselves as 'old maids' that will never date and always be single - it's really a load of crap sometimes. Some of the worst use of "intuition" or "foresight" I've ever seen, particularly when they continuously use past examples to justify future behaviors.

Especially when they themselves get into this mode of "well this happened" - constantly pointing at what other people have done or not done, and being somewhat averse to realize their own part in things: either ability to 'get out of bad situations' or 'find new better situations'.

EIIs can have major problems with this sort of thing... definitely an infantile kind of deal where they just remain stationary and expect someone else to find them out and show interest and do everything, really. Or, the other side of infantile is openly displaying their needs and wants and hoping other people deal with them, though this is less "typical" than standard EII.

not exactly pickiness 100% but oh well.

PS: generally, though, the more healthy an EII is, the less they seem "unable to affect relationships", and the more confident they are about things like waiting for the right person, and speaking up when things aren't going well, etc.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.