Quote Originally Posted by Roww roww roww ur boaat View Post
I see, i was also more confortable playing striker waiting for opportunities but not just striker. I could press well i felt like i had good timing to know when to press seing how to approach a player and when he is uncomfortable. Could push the ball on counter attack if there is space, pass the ball to who's open. Everything was revolved around seing what the team need at the moment i felt like the fact that i wasn't there SE grounded but more analyzing really helped a lot. The way soccer is set help Type like LII imo cause pitch is big you can observe everything see the patterns ect and you have all this time to analyze and see what's really happening, compared to basketball for example who's so fast paced and you have a player on you at all time pressuring you. You need top reflex there and can't afford to not be there.

De bruyne is a central piece in a way where he doesn't need the ball all the time you watch him sometime you forget he is there but he has a very good timing and always make the right choice. He is important cause of how many things he can do on the pitch, he is complete but it's how intelligent, he is with his decision making. You will not remember him by how much he actually did on the pitch and how much you saw him, you won't always see him idk if you get me but when he touch the ball it's always good that's how you remember him and he is a central piece in that way he help the team a lot by making always the right move at right time.

Also i can ask you but was you the type to go 1v1 on the wing or try to go at player directly with skills and pace overpower them? Cause ik i was terrible at this and you watch debruyne he rarely does it in game he just use space and opportunities if he see a way and he is technical.

I feel like winger is really more where having low SE would penalize you it's fast paced, lot of direct 1v1 we ask you to really push and put pressure it's basically a dual on the wing and you're by yourself.
I played both positions but I agree with you, I like creating opportunities and setting up others to score. It comes naturally to me. When I played as a striker I still set up goals for other players. Also, I'm a tactics nerd so even as a player I played more strategically than the average player.