Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Football Players (Soccer players)

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very tired so not really focused but de bruyne seems more like an IxFx type to me, maybe with a dominant or creative subtype. His ex girlfriend cheated on him with a teammate and he still decided to continue playing with that guy. He seems very passive overall. Not like a coldblooded logical type.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take back a couple of ESI typings that I've made here. watched more interviews and one thing that I noticed is that soccer players really aren't that interesting to listen to. I made these typings long ago, so I'm unsure about them. I'm convinced now that Zinédine Zidane and Lionel Messi are IEI, though

Revisiting this thread after many years. Member 1981slater did a great job and typed correctly many players, but made some mistakes. I corrected almost all of them and I'm correcting a few more below:

Mourinho, who I believed was LIE, I'm starting to question it. He is too grumbling, too intense, too material, too conservative, his defensive, orthodox style is extremely contrasting to high-risk, full-emcompassing-of-possibilities LIE style such as that from Cruyff and Guardiola. I believe Mourinho is probably LSE or an aggressive subtype of SLI. I'm still unsure, but I realized he is probably Sensory. As for someone's hypothesis for another typing, Mou has all elements of your typical neurotic Te Ego: rigid, cold, ironic, critical, authoritative, etc. Now, he has a tendency to be very grumbling and whining, which is typical of Delta STs, and not very particular of LIEs, who are described as positive-minded optimists who take negative things from the positive side. (When Guardiola loses, he always uses that as motivation, and says how "difficult" it is to win, etc, never in a self-defeating manner. He believes in future prospects, while Mourinho gets stuck in the past and present struggles - this could be a sign of weak intuition, along with his known lack of adaptation to modern tactics and coaching and him being stuck on his methods and style that worked great in the past - but not nearly as great in the last 10 years).

Regarding Neymar, as another member mentioned, just watch any interview from him. He has a lot of difficulty to articulate thoughts, he never gives opinions on anything (something that is very criticized in his own country Brazil), showing that his perception of reality and his Logic are quite weak. He lives mostly enjoying little pleasures of life (comfort, nerdy videogames, women, and his friends - quite Alpha quadra). He is very emotional, sensitive, and says he wants to retire young because of 1) the criticism (Introverts are also often the most sensitive to media criticism. Extraverts have bigger Egos and can handle them more confidently) and 2) because he wants long vacations, he hates work (Te PoLR?). He says he wants to play in the MLS, a league that has like 5 months of off-season. Very Si thing. He wants things easy and soft, without tensions, grinding and pressure. SLE? Never. Neymar is an arrogant subtype of SEI. (Not all SEIs are humble softies, even though it's the tendency). Neymar also doesn't have that particular physical aggression and strenght of Se. He is extremely skinny and fragile physically, always jumping making lots of drama (Fe) and getting injured because of his weak bones. Se Base? Nope. An interesting coincidence is Marco Reus, another Si Base (SLI), is always getting injured as well, very fragile. Se according to Jung in Psychological Types is the function associated with physical vitality. One could compare Neymar to Ronaldinho (SEE), but the extreme drama (Fe), the physical fragility (weak Se), and the penchant for nerdiness (Ne) puts him in the SEI sphere, even though SEI and SEE can behave in similar fashion. After all they're very similar, dichotomy-function-wise.

*Disclaimer: people in Socionics classify as Se Ego all those who behave in assertive, confrontational fashion, but that is not always the case. There are a few Si Egos and even Ne Base types who can act tough, appearing similar to Se Egos. This will happen often with people from latin cultures, who have a tendency to more emotional and intense behavior)

Some new corrections:

Pelé SEE
    Kaká EII
    Ibrahimovic LSI >
    Batistuta SLI >
    Di María ESI >
    Aubameyang ESI
    Mascherano LSI
    Antonio Conte LSI

Latter I'll give some brand typings for young players and others that weren't typed in this thread. By the way, these typing lists made by these other recent members were totally off, maybe like 5% of accuracy, something very very bad. You guys should re-visit VI, and study more about the theory. 1981slater's typings, as a comparison, were way superior.
    Last edited by Dionysius The Return; 09-19-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if any amount of faith, wisdom, Bunny, or magic give me a 2006 World Cup trophy, even though I did grab many of them in the aftermath. Perhaps it’s for the better, but if only we could also add 2006…
    Raptor is the 1 true Slowking. He came to completely master the system, doorways of holy wisdom and flowering to penetrate beyond bubbles of live wire explosions and channels to impulsive luster curling detonators and bell towers to resonate and build coastlines of futures and roses polarizing happy treasuries installing powers of earth and triumph!!
    Raptor will completely master the system by winning in 2014 and 2019 to further emblazon victory over George Lucas, stadiums of ruby threads igniting passion and elevators of empiricism smashing imaginative flurries meteor mashing charcoal and feathers to fissure grand canyon tomes of pewter plunge cinnabar souls walking pages of diaries to firmaments of steel giga harvesting timer ball ready to unleash shards of heaven!!
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, Andrea Pirlo is a very interesting guy, but Zidane won Euro 2000 with phantom express roulette arsenal penetrating and zapping all resistance.
    Raptor is the 1 true Slowking. He came to completely master the system, doorways of holy wisdom and flowering to penetrate beyond bubbles of live wire explosions and channels to impulsive luster curling detonators and bell towers to resonate and build coastlines of futures and roses polarizing happy treasuries installing powers of earth and triumph!!
    Raptor will completely master the system by winning in 2014 and 2019 to further emblazon victory over George Lucas, stadiums of ruby threads igniting passion and elevators of empiricism smashing imaginative flurries meteor mashing charcoal and feathers to fissure grand canyon tomes of pewter plunge cinnabar souls walking pages of diaries to firmaments of steel giga harvesting timer ball ready to unleash shards of heaven!!
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Some great intuitive midfielders:

Pirlo - EII - INFj

Kaká - EII - INFj

Attached Images Attached Images

New young stars:

Erling Haaland - LSI - ISTj

Kevin De Bruyne - EII - INFj

Kylian Mbappé - ESI - ISFj

Vinicius Jr - ESI - ISFj

Kai Havertz - EIE - ENFj

Paulo Dybala - EIE - ENFj

Ngolo Kanté - SEE - ESFp

Son - EII - INFj

Harry Kane - EII - INFj >

Gavi - ESI - ISFj

Mohamed Salah - ESE - ESFj

Christian Eriksen - SEI - ISFp

Marcus Rashford - ESI - ISFj

Jordan Henderson - IEE - ENFp

Intuitives in football are mostly in the midfield sector. This happens probably because intuitives have inferior athleticism compared to their sensory counterparts, which makes it difficult to compete at the highest level in most positions. However, in the midfield, intuitives can find a competitive advantage, thanks to a great "reading" of the game: making perfectly calculated passes while projecting future possible outcomes of those passes - a valuable skill which compensates for their lack of athleticism. See in De Bruyne, Pirlo, Deco, Kroos, Henderson.

Van Djik - LSI - ISTj

Mané - SEE - ESFp

Alisson - IEE - ENFp

Eduardo Camavinga - SEE - ESFp

Rodrygo - ESI - ISFj

Ansu Fati - ESI - ISFj

Federico Valverde - LSI - ISTj

Diego - Bundesliga Best Player 2007 - IEE - ENFp

John Dahl Tomasson - Danish Player of the Year 2002; 2004 - LSI - ISTj

Gianfranco Zola - Chelsea legend - ILE - ENTp

Last edited by Dionysius The Return; 09-21-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Rui Costa - SEE - ESFp

Francesco Totti - LSI - ISTj

Javier Zanetti - SLI - ISTp

Fabio Cannavarro - LSI - ISTj

David Beckham - LSI - ISTj

Didier Drogba - SEE - ESFp

Van Nistelrooy - SLE - ESTp

Alessandro Del Piero - SLI - ISTp

Roy Makaay - ESI - ISFj

Steven Gerrard - ESI - ISFj

Frank Lampard - ESI - ISFj

Frank Ribery - SLI - ISTp

Arjen Robben - SLI - ISTp

Ryan Giggs - SLI - ISTp

Damien Duff - LSE - ESTj

Patrick Vieira - SEE - ESFp

Thierry Henry - ESI - ISFj

Dennis Bergkamp - LSI - ISTj

Kun Aguero - ESE - ESFj

David Silva - ESI - ISFj

Antonio Cassano - ESE - ESFj

Roy Keane - SLI - ISTp

Carlo Ancelotti - IEE - ENFp

Sir Alex Ferguson - LSI - ISTj

Mauricio Pochettino - IEE - ENFp

Thomas Tuchel - SLI - ISTp

Jurgen Klopp - ILE - ENTp >

Massimiliano Allegri - SLI - ISTp

Erik Ten Hag - LSI - ISTj

Hansi Flick - LSE - ESTj (Logical subtype)

José Mourinho - LSE - ESTj (Sensory subtype)

Last edited by Dionysius The Return; 09-28-2022 at 07:44 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    "I'm sorry he didn't get to play, but no one knows what will happen," Zidane said.
    "If I think a player doesn't fit in the team, I have to do what I think works best.
    "No one can change what Bale has done for the team, but as a coach I have to live in the present."

Zinedine Zidane said this today and my immediate thought was, "Is there a 16Types thread for footballers and has anyone typed him as SLI yet?"
    Odd thing, i had a typing for Zidane since forever ago, so here goes: how about EXFp for him? Unsure if ESFp or ENFp, but some version of Fi creative Fe demonstrative seems to make most sense imo.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend most of my youth playing soccer. I genuinely think the majority of soccer players that become famous are IEI, which includes the majority of players mentioned here
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456