Thread: Gary Numan

Threaded View

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gary Numan

quotes:

Song-writing is therapy for me. I'm a very moody person, very difficult to live with. There's a lot going on and a lot of contradictions. My life is always one step away from disaster.

I was a loner as a child and happiest at home, launching toy rockets and aeroplanes. When I started causing trouble in my third year at grammar school, Mum was really surprised. My parents sent me to a child psychologist, who suggested I might have Asperger's syndrome. .. I'm hopeless at small talk and have a problem making eye contact.

I think if you are creative then it's an unstoppable thing. It just keeps coming throughout your entire life.

Any time anyone says anything nice about me, whether it's Lady Gaga or your neighbor, it's a nice feeling, I'm very grateful for it. It's very helpful for your career. Every time someone says something complimentary it introduces you to their audience. It gives you credibility.

I have always been far more interested in sound than technique, and how sounds work together, how they can be layered. I think electronic music, in its infancy anyway, allowed us to create music in a way that hadn't really been possible before. It created a new kind of musician.

It seems no matter what you say and how politically correctly and carefully you say it, you offend someone. Or at least I always do.

I am very old-fashioned about marriage. It is for life and I mean it. I always knew that when I met the right girl, the life I had before - being single, in a band, girls everywhere - would be over.

I sometimes wonder if I might be a bit of a disappointment to people, because they are expecting all these '80s hits and what they get is a dark industrial wall of noise.

I genuinely don't know how many albums I'm going to sell when the new album comes out, because I honestly don't know how many fans I've actually got at the moment.

I've always considered myself to be fiercely patriotic. I love Britain - its history and the down-to-earth attitude people have.

I got involved in music because I love everything about it, but now I'm in it you see the other side and it isn't much fun. Not as glamorous and enjoyable as you imagine.

-+- EII

He says he's autistic, and he's right. He's a Reactive, and all Reactives are autistic.
    Last edited by silke; 02-24-2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: updated links