Hybrid View

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I think that EIE/LSI as a rational entity presents a certain necessity to know where they both stand before switching their roles. The SLE/IEI dynamics is different since we don’t have this need to feel “equal” or to blur the lines.
    I could feel comfortable in an "equal" relationship, but I could not stand feeling superior. If that was the case, I would not even enter the relationship in the first place.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    I could feel comfortable in an "equal" relationship, but I could not stand feeling superior. If that was the case, I would not even enter the relationship in the first place.
    That's what Starfall called the worthy opponent I guess. Personally the only time I was completely heels over head (and still am) was about this guy who is very assertive and intimidating to some point. His confidence made me push my personal boundaries and I came into close to a make over (and this is something he will never know because I will be silent as grave about it, but unconciously he helped me a lot with my low self esteem). I need to admire the person to go further, fighting can be good at times to win the prize (and I will be that prize) but constant challenge and competition can be exhausting.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Just to clarify: when I say EIEs and LSIs want to be "equals" the emphasis should be placed on equals in terms of competing against one another...Healthy competition should be stressed here...so as a metaphor for the erotic relations characteristic of this think of either a long drawn out battle that never ends because both partners won't back down or one in which either fights harder than the other, so to speak, to earn their victory...gender probably plays a role here as well.
    Interesting... I can relate to that in some way. I like this kind of dynamic in the beginning of a relationship, when both people engage in some sort of dance, and the other is sometimes close to "getting" me, but then I draw back again. Once the relationship is established, there may be some power struggles initially, but eventually I can see myself giving in at the end. Overall, it would not be a long drawn out battle, but more like a few battles in bursts for establishing greater tension, so that the accompanying release is more satisfying.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Just to clarify: when I say EIEs and LSIs want to be "equals" the emphasis should be placed on equals in terms of competing against one another...Healthy competition should be stressed here...so as a metaphor for the erotic relations characteristic of this think of either a long drawn out battle that never ends because both partners won't back down or one in which either fights harder than the other, so to speak, to earn their victory...gender probably plays a role here as well. I do want to win in this respect but I don't want to be dominant in the sense of winning every time easily and the same for the LSI to some degree -- that would suck for the both of us because really it is the process of competing that is enjoyable. For a LSI male and EIE female it might be a bit more one sided -- your mileage may vary. It's not like a moralistically informed egalitarianism that one finds in some sanitizing feminist gender role shit -- like we're two homogenized and asexual equals. It is agonistic -- combative, empowering, and yeah blurs the lines in some respects.
    Jesus L. Pancake, you're reminding me of the year-plus I spent "dating" an EIE man. I want to win but I don't really want to win, and I want to lose but I don't really want to lose, and every time you turn around you're going to be chasing me just because that's so fun for us. Isn't it? Of course it is. Look at me look at me look at me look at me I'm so clever clever clever clever clever. And at one point the relationship came down to him literally saying, "It seems like we're always competing for the same attention from people." And then when I finally dumped him for someone else, "I want to marry you." Ugh. So glad I'm not an LSI. (I mean, in retrospect he just needed his ass handed to him.)

Look at all the bad memories you've evoked, McB!!!!!!!