0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    This is just an example but I run into this problem with INTps often. They rather be silent than ask lots of questions. I want them to ask questions but instead they distance themselves.
    So, INTp's make up thier own information then?
    No..but they ask questions then ponder about them for a long time possibly using some other sources of information like web, books etc. INTps can correct me but I have the impression that they want to minimize the amount of questions they need to bother other people with.

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Then again ESTps can get rather demanding with their questions because their Se wants accurate, concrete data RIGHT NOW and their Ti always yearns for more material to fill in the blanks in their wholistic logical framework.
    So tell me why you aren't ESTp then? You seemed to like asking questions before?
    Yes I ask a lot of questions. It makes me feel very Se sometimes. Maybe I am ESTp after all That is the second most popular VI result I get. I just don't know if I trust my Se enough to be ESTp. Se feels more like hidden agenda to me. Anyways I could tell stories about how demanding ESTps can be when they want things to be explained to them accurately and on the spot. Last Christmas was an interesting example. Maybe it has nothing to do with type but I'm inclined to think it has. Since as you say type = how you interact with your environment e.g. other people (about).

But let's not kill the dialogue Gilligan and Rick are having. It is nice to make this thread grow and break new records but in the end it is about Gilligan's self search.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

attentive and caring gaze - I'm a pretty affectionate person when I want someone to like me or if I feel genuine feelings for them, but I think this applies to everyone.

active, participating in everything around him - errr...not so much.

pronounced extravert - Yes.

mild - In what way?

thoughtful - space-cadet, dreamer, etc...yes.

good-natured sweet, positive - not always

vivacious - I can be

somewhat narcissistic - Somewhat? lol

goofball, creates a stir, jolly - I dunno about jolly, but yes to the other two.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    I also have the sense that you're looking at things from an angle that I can't get (a more literalistic approach or something), and that my arguments aren't sounding very convincing to you. Yes, you're listening to them, but they're not, like, shifting your thinking much .
    This is true. You don't seem to be saying anything very definitive; alot of it is really wishy-washy, and while I'm definitely taking it into consideration, it's not really enough to sway me in any direction. Then again, nothing is yet. I'm weighing ENFj, ENTp, and ESTp all based on the evidence that has been presented to me.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This argument that I got in a PM from Smilingeyes (hope [s]he doesn't mind me sharing it) is actually one of the more convincing arguments I've seen to date. Tell me what you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    The extreme narcissism points to huge Ne or Si. Delta and alfa are the narcissist quadras and they're defined by those two functions. It's immediately obvious that you're not INTj, INFj, ESTj or ESFj. Your habit is to ask open questions. That would generally point to ENTp, ISFp or ISTp. The ISTp questions sound a bit like a challenge. That's not what your questions come out like. ISFp questions are ... tricks. They're pushing people's buttons for fun. That's what I first thought you were doing. But your optimism and ability to have fun seems more genuine than that of the ISFp. It seems more like you're carried away by feeling. That would point to ENTp.

The thinking subtype of ENTp is more common on the board. They use Ne mainly as a crutch to push people around. They're stubborn, goal-oriented and tend to sound like a complete ass in my ears.
    The intuitive subtype of ENTp is the wittiest of the witty. He is rather innocent, generally happy and has a lot of ENFp habits. His wit generally is a purpose to itself. He does not care about results, only about his ability to perform. Your motivation sounds like this. You are only interested about your skill. You are willing to doubt your wit for the benefit of gaining greater understanding of it.

When I first thought that you're pushing Rick's buttons as an ISFp dual would I now think you're engaged in a competition of Extraverted Intution with him.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an ESTp trait. I always need to have the last word. And a lot of money.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    I also have the sense that you're looking at things from an angle that I can't get (a more literalistic approach or something), and that my arguments aren't sounding very convincing to you. Yes, you're listening to them, but they're not, like, shifting your thinking much .
    This is true. You don't seem to be saying anything very definitive; alot of it is really wishy-washy, and while I'm definitely taking it into consideration, it's not really enough to sway me in any direction. Then again, nothing is yet. I'm weighing ENFj, ENTp, and ESTp all based on the evidence that has been presented to me.
    Another argument in favor of sensing or at least a non- type and a non- type. The way I've been saying things is pretty normal for a -type. I don't feel like you've been resonating with it much, and you have not responded with a similar way of saying things. On the contrary, I've been frustrated with your interpretations of concepts and feel like I've talking myself blue in the face. Also, I can't see this dialogue as a competition of extraverted intuition.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    This argument that I got in a PM from Smilingeyes (hope [s]he doesn't mind me sharing it) is actually one of the more convincing arguments I've seen to date. Tell me what you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    The extreme narcissism points to huge Ne or Si. Delta and alfa are the narcissist quadras and they're defined by those two functions. It's immediately obvious that you're not INTj, INFj, ESTj or ESFj. Your habit is to ask open questions. That would generally point to ENTp, ISFp or ISTp. The ISTp questions sound a bit like a challenge. That's not what your questions come out like. ISFp questions are ... tricks. They're pushing people's buttons for fun. That's what I first thought you were doing. But your optimism and ability to have fun seems more genuine than that of the ISFp. It seems more like you're carried away by feeling. That would point to ENTp.

The thinking subtype of ENTp is more common on the board. They use Ne mainly as a crutch to push people around. They're stubborn, goal-oriented and tend to sound like a complete ass in my ears.
    The intuitive subtype of ENTp is the wittiest of the witty. He is rather innocent, generally happy and has a lot of ENFp habits. His wit generally is a purpose to itself. He does not care about results, only about his ability to perform. Your motivation sounds like this. You are only interested about your skill. You are willing to doubt your wit for the benefit of gaining greater understanding of it.

When I first thought that you're pushing Rick's buttons as an ISFp dual would I now think you're engaged in a competition of Extraverted Intution with him.
    What do you find convincing about this argument??

(amusing that someone thinks I'm ILE. I guess that's a good sign.)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt that you're an ILE, Rick :wink:

I find it convincing in that he accounts for various traits that define my personality, and uses them to point to types. I can appreciate things like "You seem EIE," or "I get a vibe from you," and sometimes they convince me and make be believe, but in the end I think I just feel the need to question these things.

Honestly, I can consider everything you're saying, Rick, and I can relate to it; your lack of understanding of what I say does not imply that I don't comprehend what you say. I just don't find it thoroughly convincing. Honestly, for a while after our first exchange, you had me quite convinced that I was an EIE. But I just keep...changing my mind, that's all. Sometimes things seem convincing, other time they don't. I don't know how to explain it.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I can see the case for . I'm pretty assertive (at least here), I don't like to be pushed around, and I can exert my will when I'm feeling bold enough. And yeah, I'd like this typing stuff to be definitive for once, because honestly I'm sick of questioning myself.

But IRL, it just doesn't make sense: I'm pretty passive, sometimes to the point of being inadvertently submissive, especially around people I'm intimidated by. In addition, I'm really pretty clumsy, and am not always aware of what's going on around me. I'm always in my head, never totally "in the moment," though sometimes I'd to think I am. Just the other day, a friend (ESFj) told me that I was "the classic absent-minded professor." Literally. I'm also really bad at acting on my ideas: I usually wait on someone else's initiative, then jump on once the train is rolling.

I know you can't take everything I say as a literal or accurate interpretation of how I really am, but, well, take it for what you will.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, many agree with you, Rick:

http://babelfish.av.com/babelfish/tr...15b4ae814382f0

They say either EIE or IEI.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting I'm still not convinced of any version. I was trying to see SLE for a while, but this particular set of photos makes that seem really unlikely. Sorry I can't be of more help yet.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, what do you see from that particular set of photos?

Under cerulean skies...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678