Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
Quote Originally Posted by Expat
Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
As long as people continue to stereotype a type's abilities, this is a dodgy, dodgy practice. "Feelers can't Think" etc. etc. Aside from that, it's unethical.
I fully agree with you, which is why it doesn't bother me in the least to manipulate the test to give the results I - or, in fact, they - want.

But you think that's dodgy and unethical -- in some European countries, companies demand your photograph as part of your job application. And they do reject applications with base on how you look like, without even meeting you.

I'm not talking about modelling agencies or the like - I'm talking about technical positions in major companies. As the R&D director remarked once, "if the CV mentions the word [technical word related to the field] and the person looks good, we give it a second look."

So in this context, the use of personality tests is not surprising. And if socionics becomes mainstream, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that companies would start using it to hire people and to build teams - "no, don't hire him, he's ESTj and his boss is ISFp, it wouldn't work etc".

Which is why I hope socionics never becomes mainstream.
So make the boss an xSxx.

Using the letters is bad. Using the ratios between the letters is OK. Expecting an Einstein out of either an INTJ or an INTP will not get you far.

Personally, it seems to me the job should be in proportion to the person's skills. The ESTJ does a better job of supervising, the ENTJ does the organization, etc. ...It helps if people have similar values when they work together though, and tend to see each other's views easily. People who instinctively feel suspicious of each other don't get anything done.

I think crosstyped people should be employed as lines of coherence between different specialities. That way they can translate what people of opposing function pairings are doing for each other. Considering this is how interorganizational/field-based work is happening and has always happened, (Einstein bridging the perceiver's mathematics to the judge's experiment, for example) I don't think it would do much harm to make it a part of our organizational culture, as well.
Lol where did Einstein actually like experiments? He despised experimental science.