Thread: The type most likely to cheat in a relationship

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The type most likely to cheat in a relationship

I've noticed that some types are more likely to cheat in relationships than other. I know two ESFj girls who cheat on their boyfriends (although they say they love them very much). Is it because of Si? Which function makes it easy to cheat?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never cheated as it goes deeply against my morals. I'd rather be honest and then act then hide something.

And I'm Si leading.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I've noticed that some types are more likely to cheat in relationships than other. I know two ESFj girls who cheat on their boyfriends (although they say they love them very much). Is it because of Si? Which function makes it easy to cheat?
    I don't think that something like the propensity to cheat in a relationship can be directly correlated with any one function in particular. You might come across people who seem to associate cheating - or promiscuity, in general - w Si or Se [STs in particular, it seems], but whether a person cheats or not depends upon many more factors than socionics alone can account for.

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I have never cheated as it goes deeply against my morals. I'd rather be honest and then act then hide something.

And I'm Si leading.
    Same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe this thread has been done a few times in the past. Its always amusing to watch the accusations fly.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se leading *might* be more likely to cheat. I think it has more to do with other factors.

I know an SEI who would never cheat, no matter how badly he wanted to, because he's extremely conflict-averse to the point of almost feeling sick when he thinks about doing something wrong or rocking the boat in any way. He would feel way too guilty to cheat. And being that uncomfortable is hard for SEIs. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    With Fi types I think they may cheat if the relationship is crap.. where the Fe type will cheat at like a retarded little party or something.
    This seems like it might make sense as far as the reasons a person valuing Fi or Fe might cheat, but I don't think it answers the question of whether one type is more likely to cheat than another.

I'd rather just end a bad relationship than cheat on the guy - for one thing I would feel really guilty about it; for another, I don't see any reason to carry on with something that isn't working. If someone is cheat-on-able, he's dump-able.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Fi types I think they may cheat if the relationship is crap.. where the Fe type will cheat at like a retarded little party or something. The ESFp I know is really loyal to her boyfriend she has right now, but there have been boyfriends in the past who she just kind of didn't give a shit about in the first place. The type that cheats most from what I've seen is ENFjs... I expect every ENFj I meet to have some sort of strange sexual fetish which I didn't see coming.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girls who cheat in their boyfriends usually do indeed they say they love them, and it is true. Women who love men are more likely to cheat on those men. Sex and love are two conflicting opposites. You can not love someone 100% yet be sexual with that same person 100%. It is impossible. I would say that the girls who cheat on their significant others do so because their relationship is one based on utter friendship, with little sex involvement except for maybe every so often. That is why the girls are cheating and yet say that they love their other.

I would say that as far as types go there really is no statistic on who cheats on whom except for maybe the type dynamics where it is easy for one type to love another with or without return. Rather, it is a combination I think.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see sex as something aside from something purely physical so it's easy for me to downplay the effect it could have on a partner if I cheated on them. That's so bad. That's how it is though. If I'm in a relationship with you and i'm not being satisfied in that area, you can bet i'll be straying. I see it as common knowledge that you should keep your partner satisfied so I have a really easy time rationalizing it. Oh well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't really see sex as something aside from something purely physical so it's easy for me to downplay the effect it could have on a partner if I cheated on them. That's so bad. That's how it is though. If I'm in a relationship with you and i'm not being satisfied in that area, you can bet i'll be straying. I see it as common knowledge that you should keep your partner satisfied so I have a really easy time rationalizing it. Oh well.
    Same.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But to cheat is to be so wrapped up in your own ego. I'd forgive it if the guy was totally pissed (if not then I'd actually cut his dick off), but I think that if you give any kind of a shit about the person you are with, then you wouldn't cheat on them (unless you were totally pissed or they were a complete nutjob, who wouldn't let you go). Why be with someone that doesn't satisfy you, that you don't even care about (and if you cheat on them then you clearly don't care about them, only about them in relation to you - what they can and can't do for you)? Just seperate or dump them, get some balls, and self-respect as well as respect for the other person.

I have a SEE friend that always cheats, and she sleeps with her best friends boyfriends 0.o. She just seems so afraid of being lonely.

So I couldn't say I would never cheat, but I'd be a fucking mess before I did.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    But to cheat is to be so wrapped up in your own ego. I'd forgive it if the guy was totally pissed (if not then I'd actually cut his dick off), but I think that if you give any kind of a shit about the person you are with, then you wouldn't cheat on them (unless you were totally pissed or they were a complete nutjob, who wouldn't let you go). Why be with someone that doesn't satisfy you, that you don't even care about (and if you cheat on them then you clearly don't care about them, only about them in relation to you - what they can and can't do for you)? Just seperate or dump them, get some balls, and self-respect as well as respect for the other person.

I have a SEE friend that always cheats, and she sleeps with her best friends boyfriends 0.o. She just seems so afraid of being lonely.

So I couldn't say I would never cheat, but I'd be a fucking mess before I did.
    fair enough. but what if you loved more than one person? that's possible. I've seen it happen. One woman I know couldn't choose between her husband and her lover, even after the husband found out about the affair and wanted to reconcile. She wouldn't drop her lover so the husband filed for divorce. She didn't hate her husband, FAR FROM IT, she loved him, they had been married for 15 years (no kids luckily), but he wasn't completely meeting her needs and she met this other guy and.... she wasn't out there looking to have an affair, if this particular guy hadn't come into her life, she'd still be married to her husband. Probably relatively happily.

And now, NOW that husband of hers is married to a new wife and they just had a baby! He's wildly happy now! AND she's married to the guy she had the affair with. Also happy.

Life's weird you know. WEIRD.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel von Himmel View Post
    Girls who cheat in their boyfriends usually do indeed they say they love them, and it is true. Women who love men are more likely to cheat on those men. Sex and love are two conflicting opposites. You can not love someone 100% yet be sexual with that same person 100%. It is impossible.
    I don't really understand this either. Maybe you could elaborate?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:: points to sig ::
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol
    I started this thread because I've been thinking about cheating lately. I've always perceived it as something really wrong but I somehow changed my mind. People who have never been in such situations will never understand that.
    First of all, my ex boyfriend cheated on his girlfriend with me. And the worst thing is he doesn't regret it and I don't regret it too. Think whatever you want, those who follow my another thread know what I mean.
    The second thing is I have this ESFj girlfriend and she's, I think, sexoholic. Which means she's sick. She has a fiance but she's cheating on him all the time. She knows it's bad but she really needs it. The first time she did it, she told it to her boyfriend. But she just hurt him. Now, she just doesn't tell it to him... I know it sounds a bit sad but everybody is different ... and she truely loves the guy she's with she's just so much into sex and chemistry between people.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girls who cheat in their boyfriends usually do indeed they say they love them, and it is true. Women who love men are more likely to cheat on those men. Sex and love are two conflicting opposites. You can not love someone 100% yet be sexual with that same person 100%. It is impossible.
    Um, what the fuck are you talking about? How would you know this?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you cheat on someone with TWO girls...... at the same time??

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard! View Post
    What if you cheat on someone with TWO girls...... at the same time??
    well then obviously it doesn't count.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread starts to become philosophical cause if we want to answer some detailed questions we need to know what love is, happiness is, what are the values...
    It's different for everybody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And where does cheating start hmmm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    well then obviously it doesn't count.

Pretty much, yet people forget this all the time in every facet of life.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    everybody says this but keep in mind that if you have an entire life built with someone including kids, friends, infrastructure, that's going to be a lot harder to just dump her/him than the temptation of having something secret on the side. Of course I'm NOT advocating this! It's a horrible idea! Just pointing it out that it's easier said than done, in some situations. (I think you were talking about a more casual boyfriend/girlfriend thing though?)
    Yeah. This can even apply with a significant other whom you've built up a solid amount of trust with. There is a context, an emotional connection, etc., and you may be thinking that this desire is just a transient impulse, and that it may be better to try to satiate it quickly than make a huge life change because of it.

Plus, people are always looking to get away with as much as possible. If faced with some dilemma on the relationship, they will most likely abstain from cheating to preserve the relationship.

Which basically goes to show that it was never necessary in the first place, and that people are just looking for ways to give in to their impulses, without causing negative consequences.

People just need to learn what they value.

This thread starts to become philosophical cause if we want to answer some detailed questions we need to know what love is, happiness is, what are the values...
    I don't know that it has to be. We don't need metaphysical/objective/etc. definitions of these things to know how they work in real life, and how they feel to us. The means by which people attain happiness, love, etc. may be different, but the feelings themselves are universal; thus we can speak of this topic in reference to those feelings generated, not just the concepts of what those feelings are supposed to be.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Um, what the fuck are you talking about? How would you know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't really understand this either. Maybe you could elaborate?
    Sex is actually psychologically a destructive act on the psyche. Love is not about destruction, it is about putting things together and building something. Is it possible to build something and destroy it at the same time? Nope ... same thing with love and sex, the two can not really coexist with each other.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex is actually psychologically a destructive act on the psyche. Love is not about destruction, it is about putting things together and building something. Is it possible to build something and destroy it at the same time? Nope ... same thing with love and sex, the two can not really coexist with each other.
    how is sex a destructive act on the psyche? what does that even mean?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    This is just insane.

There is no dichotomy between love and sex.
    Wrong.

Get out of your hole, hypocrite

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, it kind of bugs me when people try to attribute this sort of thing to type. I think it has to do with one's personal morals (which are obviously not type-dependent) and their situation.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Honestly, it kind of bugs me when people try to attribute this sort of thing to type. I think it has to do with one's personal morals (which are obviously not type-dependent) and their situation.
    Arguable, actually, since carries a sense of "what is socially right."

I mean, that's where the Mad Scientist stereotype comes from. Crazy, unethical geniuses laughed out of academia for their off-the-planet ideas.

Sound familiar?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Arguable, actually, since carries a sense of "what is socially right."

I mean, that's where the Mad Scientist stereotype comes from. Crazy, unethical geniuses laughed out of academia for their off-the-planet ideas.

Sound familiar?
    Nope!
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

No quadra has a monopoly on what is "socially" right, especially when it's such a subjective matter.

has more to do with rules of tradition, etiquette and ritual rather then social justice.
    ITT: Irrationals grappling with words.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    When are people going to stop spreading this bullshit? Really hkkmr, you should know better than this by now. And unless you are a Fi ego, don't bother saying something stupid like 'Actually he's right' because he's not. Fi is NOT about tradition, ritual, or etiquette, and anyone who says it is, has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Actually for Gamma's it's mostly about making a big hissy fit and imposing their will on others and turning statements like this...

"Fi is NOT about tradition, ritual, or etiquette, and anyone who says it is, has absolutely no idea what they're talking about."

into "practice", "ritual", "etiquette"...

Thanks for showing how it works Diana, you help is quite appreciated.
    lol @ the alpha NT patting himself on the back based on the illusion of his self-contained system being proven right.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    When are people going to stop spreading this bullshit? Really hkkmr, you should know better than this by now. And unless you are a Fi ego, don't bother saying something stupid like 'Actually he's right' because he's not. Fi is NOT about tradition, ritual, or etiquette, and anyone who says it is, has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
    Actually for Gamma's it's mostly about making a big hissy fit and imposing their will on others and turning statements like this...

"Fi is NOT about tradition, ritual, or etiquette, and anyone who says it is, has absolutely no idea what they're talking about."

into "practice", "ritual", "etiquette"...

Thanks for showing how it works Diana, you help is quite appreciated.
    hkkmr, that made absolutely no sense.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok, you don't need to understand. It wasn't for you.
    when things like this happen in Spain, people usually say:
    "wow, he's a great bullfighter!"

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok, you don't need to understand. It wasn't for you.
    I was referring to your understanding of Fi. Diana's right, everything you're spewing is complete bullshit.