Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Synesthesia, and my Room color, and the Matrix

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Do give me the forumlae and do give me time to do my own analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Not exactly...
    I read the sentence wrong my mistake.

@Blaze yes I forgot about those two as they don't post as much. I try not to pay attention to gender just the things people say.
    @Pedro-the-Lion I usually try to visualize people, even on the net. Hey different strokes, though, whatever.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. It may take me awhile to do the analysis. I am going to be busy for awhile.... Also, I haven't been feeling good and I think I need to avoid computers for a few days at least.

@Blaze: I mostly think of the people on this site as ENTP, INFJ, INTJ, ENFP, etc etc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Thanks. It may take me awhile to do the analysis. I am going to be busy for awhile.... Also, I haven't been feeling good and I think I need to avoid computers for a few days at least.

@Blaze: I mostly think of the people on this site as ENTP, INFJ, INTJ, ENFP, etc etc
    Ah, yes, hence the danger of personality pidgeon-holing.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of it more of as a badge like your name. Maybe I hear it wrong but it's usually not waaaay off. Maybe you hear Jill but the name is Bill but it's unlikely you'd mistake the person for Rasputin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Huh?
    Heh nvrmnd I don't know how to translate that thought I prefer to leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    nope. I think there are plenty of female INFps. But they're hiding.
    Ah well I don't speak with them so I hope I am not biased against them

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There may be a lot more females on this board than you realise - I for one am one. However, I think that because of all internet-related violence towards women, many women have been reluctant to reveal gender in forums.

In any case, on a random tangent, I'm referring again to Slava's original post about colour correlation. I notice that I have certain colours for different people - I have often attributed colours to different people regardless of their what colour they wear or what their favourite colour actually is, although this behaviour didn't turn up until after childhood, possibly correlating with the emergence of , my second function, in adolescence (when is supposedly when the second functions begin to assert themselves)

I'm also wondering whether anyone has read anything about colour psychology. In Angela Wright's 'The Beginner's Guide to Colour Psychology,' she not only describes the human response to different colours (for example, red is supposed to make you hungry - evident in the red in many fast food chains, such as Mcdonald's, KFC etc.), but she also draws connections between preferred colour, personality temperament, artistic tastes, and even which colours suit different personality types.

Thus, I find it interesting that Slava made a mention that the Matrix was designed specifically for N's, in terms of colour. While I can personally attest that as an NT, I think that the black and green used was very appealing to the eye, I wonder:

1) Is this the common reaction of N's towards colour in the matrix, and
    2) Is there a link between the personality types of Socionics, and those of the colour personality types.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I heard the same thing about the colors red and yellow making you hungry (thus the McDonalds sign).

Also there is a cool internet test based on that principle which can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    There may be a lot more females on this board than you realise - I for one am one. However, I think that because of all internet-related violence towards women, many women have been reluctant to reveal gender in forums.
    :| I hope they'e not hiding because of me. Do I really come off as mysogynist?

I do really believe everyone has input that can be productively used but I try to be critical of ideas to make sure we don't believe in crap. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know about synesthesia but i've alway associated people with colors...like for some reason even as a little kid i always knew i was just green although i'd rather be red or some other color, but i've never felt red, always green! and like my brother was a royal blue, so esfj--royal blue, , enfj--red,enfp--violet, infj--green, etc. (S's mostly lighter colors, and N's darker shades). but these are more feelings or mental images, nothing projected in the visual field.

something too, i got a certain feeling about looking at someone's eyes...it's kind of hard to explain, but like i could feel their soul. and then i could take an imaginary pair of shades and put them on and i could feel their soul in everything and see the world through their eyes as they saw it.

maybe everyone does this, but we are only weird enough to talk about it?? i don't know??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fever, what you describe is the same thing I feel. Are you ENTP? I noticed that the colors you specified are very very close to mine (you are either playing a trick on me reading my earlier post trying to get me all excited, or this really means something). Very interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way the eye thing... where you look them in the eyes and see through their perceptions... the way I think this works is you lock onto their baseline facial expression, which mimics internal moods and other information, and you make you recall using what it felt like to have that facial expression, and then you begin to use those cognitive functions for a moment and experience their perceptions and are able to relate to them and make them think you are someone else (in terms of personality).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think more people might do this than what we know, but i don't know if its synesthesia or not. for instance, i asked my enfj mom if she ever did stuff with numbers or the alphabet like gave them personalities, etc. and she looked at me weird, laughs, and says "yeah, why?" she said like she pretended this letter/number didn't like the other one so BC, C turned its back to B, etc. anyway my mom is enfj(and i have always thought of her as a bright
    red person), my brother esfj(always seemed like a bright royal blue) and they are both very expressive and use a lot of gestures. i(infj), on the otherhand, have just always seemed green (deep but not expressive). my moms friend (enfp) is a lot like her only a shade different, thus violet. it may
    also have to do with their eye color or shade of color, because it seems that sometimes this+the look out of their eyes has something to do with personality.

By the way the eye thing... where you look them in the eyes and see through their perceptions... the way I think this works is you lock onto their baseline facial expression, which mimics internal moods and other information, and you make you recall using Extraverted Intution what it felt like to have that facial expression, and then you begin to use those cognitive functions for a moment and experience their perceptions and are able to relate to them and make them think you are someone else (in terms of personality).
    yeah, it is like a feeling u get from the look out of their eyes and facial expression, and it gives u a vague feeling/color that represents that person(it's hard to describe because it's like an image, mixed with a color, and a feeling all thrown together.) then u look around or outside like at the sky when u are riding in the car or stare at an object(it can be any object) and u can see their (soul shade) over everything, but u kind of have to concentrate though. but i don't do it to relate to them or imitate them, but more so just to take on their perception of the world or if they r dead, i can feel their soul as if they were alive.

but no, i'm pretty sure i'm infj because with as the first two functions....it's too easy (meaning i really don't want to) to be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes and u feel their emotions, but it happens automaticly regardless. like if i see someone acting really stupid or doing something that they are going to regret later, i get embarrassed for them, i can't look at them in the eyes or even look at them or look at anyone around them looking at them, because i am too embarrassed, even though i am not the one "looking/acting stupid"!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to listen to these lectures on brain functioning. Apparently we are all synesthetes in some fashion but the average person does not correlate color to various stimuli.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12