Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do most assume I am SLE-Ti?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say the stereotypical ESE is more likely 7w6 or 6w7.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That doesn't really shut out the possibility of type combinations outside of the normal range existing. It just means they haven't been found yet. Maybe they don't exist, to be sure, but in the world of theoretical possibilities, it's not an impossibility.
    We don't care if it's possible if there are no real world cases, don't we?

From what I read about the Big5/SLOAN data for instance, you get 32 data "density zones" but there are no dots in the middle...it's the inter-galactic void somehow!

For Enneagram it's obviously more complicated, like Aiss said.
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeroZen View Post
    We don't care if it's possible if there are no real world cases, don't we?
    Until there actually are. It's still kind of silly to claim that it can't happen. Especially in cases where a comfortable theoretical conception of why it could happen exist (such as now -- there is a perfectly valid relationship between behavior and counterphobic Six behavior).
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theorize if you want heh! I find it already complex enough having to deal with 15 real-world types and mine...
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Only if you assume socionics and enneagram are about the same aspect of personality. For me, I found most "incompatible combinations lists" I met with laughable. One had ESE and 6 as impossible (have they ever heard of Ni-PoLR, I wonder? Not all ESEs are 2s, by the way), someone else tried to explain that only Sensors can be 1s, 9s and 8s, since it's a gut triad, then I keep hearing how 7s have to be extraverts because of "energy levels" (wtf?), or that LIIs can't be 4s (seriously?). Yes, stereotypical ESE is E2, stereotypical IEI is E4, stereotypical LII and ILI - E5. Strong correlations like these are what creates these stereotypes in the first place, and influences type profiles, often by an inclusion of traits which otherwise don't seem related to information metabolism. It doesn't make it set in stone, still. I am not claiming each and every combination exists, and some are hard to imagine. Those I've met with aren't, obviously, which is likely what creates bias in everyone, but it doesn't mean there aren't there.
    ESE's are often sixes.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't really shut out the possibility of type combinations outside of the normal range existing. It just means they haven't been found yet. Maybe they don't exist, to be sure, but in the world of theoretical possibilities, it's not an impossibility.
    But then you cannot say they exist because the description sounds like it can fit that type. I would believe it if I see it concretely that such socionics type is this enneagram type.

Remember in these two system, you are born with the type, it cannot be changed. I am saying this because if so, it would be less confusing and not If you mold or change your behavior you can score and get test result of different type. like I said, this is something that most people have typed people for a long period of time and really can only find some enneagram types for a specific socionic type. sure there is still possibility, it's not like a math theory which it can be proven by a therom, and at most it can come as close as something that couldn't be proven 100% but its something people have generally come to accept (there is a word in mathematics for that but i forgot whats it called) and if you do actually find a rare enneagram type combination, sure let me know and I will check it out.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    ESE's are often sixes.
    my husband is ESE 6w5.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's somewhat odd. Is he Si-subtype?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    ESE's are often sixes.
    Aren't sixes horribly common anyway?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's somewhat odd. Is he Si-subtype?
    yes, I think so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12