Threaded View

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attitudes toward what's important in driving and safety

- I want to get as far away from idiot drivers as possible as quickly as possible so that they don't impede me where I need to go.
    - A car that isn't comfortable or isn't a smooth ride or doesn't feel safe is not a car I want to drive. I don't want to have to think about those things because it takes my focus away from the road.
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.
    - If I depart during times of heavy traffic congestion, then I'm just asking for trouble. The key is to understand when to drive and when not to drive, understand the trends of how traffic works.
    - I need to keep my emotions under control and not succumb to road rage so as to not lose control of the vehicle or otherwise negatively affect how I'm driving. I also need to make sure I'm not negatively affecting the emotions of other drivers [e.g. driving too slow and irritating the drivers behind you] to avoid any trouble. If someone does me a favor, I'll give them a smile to show I appreciate it.
    - Everybody must wear seat belts and I want there to be as little commotion and distraction as possible so I can concentrate.
    - If I can avoid the major highways and roads and take side roads to cut time, then double bonus. I get there more quickly, more efficiently and I have the added bonus of not sitting in heavy traffic.
    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    Last edited by tereg; 01-24-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx