Hybrid View

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attitudes toward what's important in driving and safety

- I want to get as far away from idiot drivers as possible as quickly as possible so that they don't impede me where I need to go.
    - A car that isn't comfortable or isn't a smooth ride or doesn't feel safe is not a car I want to drive. I don't want to have to think about those things because it takes my focus away from the road.
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.
    - If I depart during times of heavy traffic congestion, then I'm just asking for trouble. The key is to understand when to drive and when not to drive, understand the trends of how traffic works.
    - I need to keep my emotions under control and not succumb to road rage so as to not lose control of the vehicle or otherwise negatively affect how I'm driving. I also need to make sure I'm not negatively affecting the emotions of other drivers [e.g. driving too slow and irritating the drivers behind you] to avoid any trouble. If someone does me a favor, I'll give them a smile to show I appreciate it.
    - Everybody must wear seat belts and I want there to be as little commotion and distraction as possible so I can concentrate.
    - If I can avoid the major highways and roads and take side roads to cut time, then double bonus. I get there more quickly, more efficiently and I have the added bonus of not sitting in heavy traffic.
    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    Last edited by tereg; 01-24-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one is pretty shallow. I don't care about how my car looks, as long as I can do the and things on a daily basis.

I like the one too.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    The one is pretty shallow. I don't care about how my car looks, as long as I can do the and things on a daily basis.

I like the one too.
    I couldn't think of a better one that incorporated safety. :-/ I tried though.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think has anything to do with driving. Maybe singing to the radio or something.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But motivation in driving, that's a different story, as I've tried to illustrate in the original post.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of those I probably Ni and Te the most with some Si thrown in.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool post. probably wouldn't of thought of this myself

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    - I want to get as far away from idiot drivers as possible as quickly as possible so that they don't impede me where I need to go.
    - A car that isn't comfortable or isn't a smooth ride or doesn't feel safe is not a car I want to drive. I don't want to have to think about those things because it takes my focus away from the road.
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.
    - If I depart during times of heavy traffic congestion, then I'm just asking for trouble. The key is to understand when to drive and when not to drive, understand the trends of how traffic works.
    - I need to keep my emotions under control and not succumb to road rage so as to not lose control of the vehicle or otherwise negatively affect how I'm driving. I also need to make sure I'm not negatively affecting the emotions of other drivers [e.g. driving too slow and irritating the drivers behind you] to avoid any trouble. If someone does me a favor, I'll give them a smile to show I appreciate it.
    - Everybody must wear seat belts and I want there to be as little commotion and distraction as possible so I can concentrate.
    - If I can avoid the major highways and roads and take side roads to cut time, then double bonus. I get there more quickly, more efficiently and I have the added bonus of not sitting in heavy traffic.
    I identify with Te and Ne and to a point Ni one. More so Si as well these days. I previously used to enjoy driving cars that didn't quite seem as safe as I enjoyed the challenge and thought it was cool.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love driving and I'm totally all about .

It's weird, I'd say my ESE husband is more here than anything else. (He is also and )
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

all this doesn't fit Michael Schumacher (ISTj)!!!!!
    (his "creative " made him famous)

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=wiEY3MWPGnU

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=PtnZFrvfxNU
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that too actually. Not good.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-male

Two things annoy me beyond belief when I drive...

==============================================

1) Bad Merging;

Bad communication
    (not signaling or looking before you merge)

Indecisiveness
    (not being able to decide if you want to go in front or behind the driver you are merging with)

Not moving with the flow well
    (driving onto an on ramp at 70mph when the traffic is gummed up and barely moving at 10mph. That; or changing lanes at 10mph under the speed limit causing everyone to slam on there brakes)

-----------------------------------------

2) Not Yielding Right;

A Yield Sign is a Stop Sign
    (arriving at a yield sign and slowing down or stopping because you didn't plan ahead and look what the traffic was doing and freaked out, so you stopped to take a lengthy look at the situation while messing my flow up behind you - Plus now its almost impossible to enter traffic since I have to accelerate)

A Yield Sign is NOT a Stop Sign
    (so you go through it, you don't need to stop - so why stop! - its that simple, don't worry though I'll move for you because I don't want to get into an accident - but make sure when I get out of the way you glare at me like I did something wrong)

================================================== ===

Which functions are most like this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, definitely Ne! Glad you had my method in there!!

I *assume* Ti - yes, even out in the middle of nowhere at 4:44am, the rules should be obeyed.

But first and foremost, I prepare for all possibly surprising acts of human stupidity, mechanical vehicle malfunction, or other physical, naturally occurring phenomenon which might interrupt the otherwise predictable consequences of FOLLOWING THE RULES OF THE ROAD.

I can also relate to Fe, but overcame "road rage" within the first few months of driving. Courtesy is expected and appreciated. I hate aggressive driving - so inconsiderate. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, being overcautious can also present a hazard. There's a happy middle ground somewhere in there.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not true. Ti is above all else concerned with the justification for rules. Rules themselves are immaterial and have no value of their own. INTjs are chacteristically described as ignoring rules that don't suit them in the Gulenko descriptions.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I rephrase it to say like "The rules of the road were made with people's safety in mind, and they should be followed to uphold that"?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It goes deeper than that. Ideally a Ti type wound want to check whether the rules are really warranted, but when you're driving in a car there is no time for that. So to some extent you would make an assumption as to why the rules were created and how trustworthy they are, but this is something done reluctantly and not really characteristic of Ti. The results of doing so can also vary.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Not true. Ti is above all else concerned with the justification for rules. Rules themselves are immaterial and have no value of their own. INTjs are chacteristically described as ignoring rules that don't suit them in the Gulenko descriptions.
    this is true of SeTis also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    this is true of SeTis also.
    and TiSes

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So help me out with the description. What would be something somebody would say that would be through the lens of on this topic?
    Last edited by tereg; 09-17-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: grammar
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So help me out with the description. What would be something somebody would say that could would be through the lens of on this topic?
    Well, I say, "Buckle up and hold on tight!" but that's just me, and not indicative of Ti. I'll think on it to see if I can come up with a good one for Ti.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    It goes deeper than that. Ideally a Ti type wound want to check whether the rules are really warranted, but when you're driving in a car there is no time for that. So to some extent you would make an assumption as to why the rules were created and how trustworthy they are, but this is something done reluctantly and not really characteristic of Ti. The results of doing so can also vary.
    This. Most laws are necessary to follow, but some are better off broken (Due to hypocrisy or general uselessness).
    So help me out with the description. What would be something somebody would say that would be through the lens of on this topic?
    My Ti tells me to always drive 5 miles above the speed limit, because it's the fastest way to go without risk of attractin' cops or rammin' toddlers.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-

Nicely done, tereg. I was going to put the ones I identify w in bold, but that would be all of them except Ti and most of Fe. Eh, I guess I'm half-kidding about the Ti bit, though

I love driving.