Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
Not necessarily a real INTj would take more tests. I'd say an INTj knows what he/she knows and what doesn't. I only took one test - on socionics.com - and I knew that was me. Then reading a lot on the forum it only confirmed everything.
Agreed. But I took 2: one was jung-typology (or something similar sounding) and the other was socionics.com. However, I became completely sure of my type after reading in debth about socionics and intertype relations. I began to start typing other people (presumably successfully) and I was able to not our interactions.

I think its superficial to believe that people mistype as INTj because they like the title "mastermind". Although, I admit I thought it was pretty cool when I saw that somewhere I think it's mainly the people that pick out a few sentences from a type description and say "that's me".

I showed my dad a few personality descriptions - I had him take a test. He read a few and said, oh - thats your uncle right there. His assumptions were based on a few specially selected sentences from a type description. I finally pointed out what I think my uncle is and he agreed with that too - which doesn't say anything of course (but I believe I am right).

What I'm trying to say:
In order for a type description to be useful, you must read the ENTIRE description (as well as many others). Then form a model of that type in your head. The model is the key thing - it is all the attributes as a whole - rather than a single detail by itself.

One person mentioned having to fit 5-15 of the details of a description. However, I don't even think that would be entirely accurate (although it would obviously increase the chances of typing correctly). For instance, I could easily find highly specific situations that I act a certain way. Those highly specific situations can be found in almost any type description.

The whole idea is to see the forest instead of the trees.