Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solitude or socializing and relating to others for INTjs

Creepy-Diana

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    contrary, as in, opposing others for the sake of opposition. Deliberately choosing to be different

idiosyncratic, as in, being unlike other people for the sake of being one's self. An oddness that comes from being different, though not necessarily intentionally so.
    Oh, much better.

I see INTP(p)s as being somewhat contrary. The "critical"ness that often comes from them is a slight illumiation of this, perhaps.
    I can see that. I know a few INTps that really get a kick out of pushing people to their limit -- "how far can I go before they explode?". At the same time I know just as many INTps that just want to stay out of everyone's way.

Both types seem idiosyncratic to an extent. It seems as though INTp types are idiosyncratic via being contrary, where as INTjs are more secularly idiosyncratic. Does that make any sense?
    Yes, but "secular" is a little bit vague to me. I think being idiosynchratic is definitely a trait shared in the INTx family, but like you said earlier: for different reasons. I don't know the INTps motives, however.

I have this thing about loving "underground" knowledge - music noone has heard of, hang outs that no one knows about. Maybe you could call me an elitist. Its almost like I do stuff because other people don't do it. AT the same time, I genuinely might not like the mainstream alternative. Im not sure if that's being contrary for the sake of it?? Did any of that make sense?

BTW: Try not to think that I'm a pretentious ass hole. I do plenty average joe activities

The way I say it here, it sounds like an internal / external deal. I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with j and p specifics?
    Ti/Te deal is the same thing as J/P deal in this case since we are talking about quasi relationships. J/P is what determines the e/i of the T (I love this sentence - its so mathematical sounding).
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12