Thread: The relationship between mobilizing and suggestive functions

Threaded View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The relationship between mobilizing and suggestive functions

I think I recently had an epiphany about the relationship between the mobilizing and suggestive function in relationship to Dual interaction (especially in the context of an individual's fixation on the mobilizing function (as explained by Expat's Pathetic Hidden Agenda article, or sort of): we try to reach the state determined by our suggestive function, but this is not provided by your dual directly. Instead, you dual solves the issues related to the mobilizing function, which takes away the need for putting energy into it, or allows you to stop worrying about it, which allows you to reach the state of the suggestive function (in case it's introverted) or provide the energy to act from the suggestive (ETA: was "mobilizing ") function (in case it's extroverted).

Now this nothing more than an idea I'm thinking about, not a final conclusion.

Let me elaborate this with an example: an IEE feels the need to know something (is it A or is it B, is a the right way or B, how can I be sure?), but his Ne makes him see many different possibilities and he can't decide himself. He will ask his dual for the answer, and probably accepts this answer without question, feeling certain it is the right answer. Now he can stop worrying, and reach that state of relaxedness and mental balance he's looking for (and not because the SLI makes him a tasty dinner ).

So what does this mean for each type? Some of these I'm more confortable about than others:

• IEE: If I know (be certain, be perfect), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you what you need to know, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.
    • SEE: If I know (be certain, be perfect), I will know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning). Your dual will tell you what you need to know, so you stop worrying about it and will know when to act.
    • SLE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and will know when to act.
    • ILE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.

• SLI: If i can love (admire, trust, respect) someone, I will be creative (express my talents). Your dual will accept your love, so you will have energy to express your creativity.
    • ILI: If i can love (admire, trust, respect) someone, I will have willpower. Your dual will accept your love, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    • IEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will have willpower. Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    • SEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will be creative (express my talents). Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to express your creativity.

• LSE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will love. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and feel love for someone.
    • ESE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will understand. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.
    • EIE: If I have willpower, I will understand. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.
    • LIE: If I have willpower, I will love. our dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and feel love for someone.

• EII: If I feel at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally), I will know (be certain, be perfect). Your dual will tell you how to be balanced, so you will have the energy to reach perfection.
    • LII: If I feel at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally), I will be loved (admired, trusted, respected). Your dual will tell you how to be balanced, so you will have the energy to respond to love.
    • LSI: If I know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning), I will be loved (admired, trusted, respected). Your dual will tell you when to act (do your planning), so you will have the energy to respond to love.
    • ESI: If I know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning), I will know (be certain, be perfect). Your dual will tell you when to act (do your planning), so you will have the energy to reach perfection.

Feel free to make constructive suggestions or improve on these descriptions.

ETA: I clearly have more problems with descriptions for rational types than irrational types
    Last edited by consentingadult; 01-16-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking