Thread: Introverted Intuition Ni of IEIs/INFps

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am only partly prepared to present this argument but it doesn't seem like anything you wrote is in regards to Ni, but the following:

Just because you can see events in time that doesn't mean you're NiFe; all elements have to come together and you also have to look outside yourself, even to your dual's functions to see what from them you need to supplement you and your needs. Remember, we often can not recognize Dual Seeking (DS) and we're blind to it because it's one function we would give to our duals to do;

Quote Originally Posted by shorebreaker View Post
    They never adhere to any idea without question;
    Usually, realists and S types do this; Ne types sometimes like to run with interesting ideas.

this is because deep down, they compare information almost inadvertently with time, which, if you think about it, is really the only constant thing in the world. It is the most constant (if not reliable) point of reference; this could have something to do with why Ni's are consistently some of the most intelligent and adaptable of the types (INTps are statistically the most intelligent type). Some Ni's are more apt to express their deeper convictions, but confidence really varies among individuals. Ni's certainly have a greater capacity for confidence. Ni is a powerful function, but it also needs lots of information to grow.
    Seeing information is Te; IEI don't focus on information because it's their Point of Least Resistance, but EII value it as in they enjoy being around someone who can use this function well.

The more of the world an Ni sees, the more they realize that they can hold in their heads; an Ni can use their imagination to play through scenarios with ease,
    Evaluating outcomes is Ni PoLR in LSE and ESE types. "He perceives time in an undifferentiated manner: the past, present, and future are all perceived as being in or near the present. When talking about the future, especially one's longer-term plan), the individual treats it as if it were accessible today and often is not aware of all the developments that must happen first."

and from a very holistic viewpoint. Essentially, the more they experience, the more they realize they are capable of imagining. INFps often use their imaginations to premeditate social encounters; the movies in their heads are often uncannily accurate because, by understanding the mechanisms by which people adhere to social conventions, they can capture the essence of a person and most of their nuances, almost entirely objectively.
    Actually observation of external qualities of things is more in the zone of extroverted functions like Te, Ne, etc.

Introverted functions deal with the how pieces of external info is subjective.

They actively seek out their own predispositions and attempt to be rid of them, so their imaginations will be more accurate.
    Accuracy and concern for it is Te. Fi's value it.

IEI dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and factual accuracy of statements made; statements are made according to input from other functions, not from double-checks against external facts which are seen as of lesser relevance to the issue at hand. Types with this function lack confidence in their ability to find relevant information in outside sources.

Therefore, IEI can be really messy with regards to Te and Te information. They much prefer Ti; taking terms and reconciling or eliminating variables to make a system
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-07-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Seeing information is Te.
    No it isn't. You're mentally redefining the word information, imagining it in terms of Te. Information is alot more like raw data.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"te=accuracy" Hah is the difference between Ti and Te like the scientific definitions of precision and accuracy?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, understand that when words like objective, understanding and information are used they are not automatically Te. These words in OP were used to describe skill; they are skilled at being accurate/correct in certain things. That does not automatically imply that this skill is Te, especially when the skill is associated with people as it is in OP.

OP was saying that because the IEI feels people so well, they are able to predict their reactions to the IEI's behavior, thus the IEI can be 'accurate' in predicting reactions and defining people as a whole.

As for your other points, they are mostly taken out of context and wrongly attacking parts of the description. Ex. the last quote you made described an IEI who exists without somebody to fall back upon, and thus doesn't describe a normal IEI blablabla.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    they are skilled at being accurate/correct in certain things.
    I'd say this is correct, but I'd like to mention its more like....

accuracy of imagination/intuitive conception of tying together what they've seen or understood

rather than factual/logical accuracy, like knowing the accurate facts/figures/statistics

Only in gamma NTs are you combining these elements...

In the IEI you are combining this accurate conception with Fe data, emotional cues on the surface... which is why they are so perceptive of people/emotional things.

Creepy-male

What was referred to as information was more like perception/experience/event... rather than data.... which is Te... Te is more logical and statistical... like associating facts and figures and properties to things then mulling over them logically. Irrational functions are based on perception without ethical/logical judgments. I'd say people who excel at having a giant rolodex in their head of facts and do well at trivia have Te at work somehow. Gamma NT's have Ni working with Te... so all these trivia elements gets spun together by Ni in the manner described in this post... Gamma NT's make good engineers for this reason... they know the facts of something... say price, cost, time, weight, and so forth and they begin imagining how these logical elements compose the entire system which they spin together with Ni.

Also IEI's don't prefer much logic either way, they are an ethical type... but they value Ti... which usually manifests itself as a preoccupation with systems, they are likely to pay attention to how logical systems impact things and want to impact these systems, but they prefer to focus on their feelings over the logical system architecture. Ti is the locus of there hidden agenda.

Just saying if your going to apply socionics correctly you should understand how Ti in IEIs work and what Te means and how it can work with Ni to produce Gamma NT egos.
    Last edited by male; 08-07-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    What was referred to as information was more like perception/experience/event... rather than data.... which is Te... Te is more logical and statistical... like associating facts and figures and properties to things then mulling over them logically. Irrational functions are based on perception without ethical/logical judgments. I'd say people who excel at having a giant rolodex in their head of facts and do well at trivia have Te at work somehow. Gamma NT's have Ni working with Te... so all these trivia elements gets spun together by Ni in the manner described in this post... Gamma NT's make good engineers for this reason... they know the facts of something... say price, cost, time, weight, and so forth and they begin imagining how these logical elements compose the entire system which they spin together with Ni.

Also IEI's don't prefer much logic either way, they are an ethical type... but they value Ti... which usually manifests itself as a preoccupation with systems, they are likely to pay attention to how logical systems impact things and want to impact these systems, but they prefer to focus on their feelings over the logical system architecture. Ti is the locus of there hidden agenda.

Just saying if your going to apply socionics correctly you should understand how Ti in IEIs work and what Te means and how it can work with Ni to produce Gamma NT egos.
    I wouldn't say they don't prefer it, they just don't put as much work into it as they wish they could. Quoth wikisocion, "Help in this element is appreciated, but past a certain point is seen as excessive." But I guess you hit that nail on the head with, "...they prefer to focus on their feelings over the logical system architecture."

Creepy-male

I wouldn't say they don't prefer it, they just don't put as much work into it as they wish they could. Quoth wikisocion, "Help in this element is appreciated, but past a certain point is seen as excessive." But I guess you hit that nail on the head with, "...they prefer to focus on their feelings over the logical system architecture."
    yea that's one interpretation of what a "weak" function means... there are several... sometimes they don't prefer the function, sometimes they just don't spend to much time developing it etc.... either way what wikisocion says is accurate too... if your not naturally inclined to think logically, after a certain point it becomes excessive and draining, same with how emotional expression can become draining to thinkers I would think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    if you're not naturally inclined to think logically, after a certain point it becomes excessive and draining, same with how emotional expression can become draining to thinkers I would think.
    i agree, this is a really good way of putting it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am only partly prepared to present this argument but it doesn't seem like anything you wrote is in regards to Ni, but the following:

Just because you can see events in time that doesn't mean you're NiFe; all elements have to come together and you also have to look outside yourself, even to your dual's functions to see what from them you need to supplement you and your needs. Remember, we often can not recognize Dual Seeking (DS) and we're blind to it because it's one function we would give to our duals to do;

Usually, realists and S types do this; Ne types sometimes like to run with interesting ideas.

Seeing information is Te; IEI don't focus on information because it's their Point of Least Resistance, but EII value it as in they enjoy being around someone who can use this function well.

Evaluating outcomes is Ni PoLR in LSE and ESE types. "He perceives time in an undifferentiated manner: the past, present, and future are all perceived as being in or near the present. When talking about the future, especially one's longer-term plan), the individual treats it as if it were accessible today and often is not aware of all the developments that must happen first."

Actually observation of external qualities of things is more in the zone of extroverted functions like Te, Ne, etc.

Introverted functions deal with the how pieces of external info is subjective.

Accuracy and concern for it is Te. Fi's value it.

IEI dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and factual accuracy of statements made; statements are made according to input from other functions, not from double-checks against external facts which are seen as of lesser relevance to the issue at hand. Types with this function lack confidence in their ability to find relevant information in outside sources.

Therefore, IEI can be really messy with regards to Te and Te information. They much prefer Ti; taking terms and reconciling or eliminating variables to make a system
    Actually Te is the application of algorithms to maximize efficiency

Extroverted logic - Wikisocion

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually Te is the application of algorithms to maximize efficiency

Extroverted logic - Wikisocion
    I know and it's done in activity; do you plan things and when you do so do you apply a methodical approach?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know and it's done in activity; do you plan things and when you do so do you apply a methodical approach?
    I enjoy situations of mixed company, and while I won't usually outright say, "Let's get these people together on this night," I actively encourage such activities. I wouldn't call my approach methodical, but I always want to know who's going to be there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I enjoy situations of mixed company, and while I won't usually outright say, "Let's get these people together on this night," I actively encourage such activities. I wouldn't call my approach methodical, but I always want to know who's going to be there.
    Yes and methodical approaches is what Te is.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and methodical approaches is what Te is.
    fair enough