TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types as Hosts

ime …

ESE wants you to feel at ease/ to make yourself at home/ to feel included.

SEI wants you to do/have what you want, to enjoy yourself.

ILE wants you to “try this!”

ESI wants you to have what you “should” have ("eat this - it’s good for you").

EIE wants to put a spectacular show on, impress everyone with the presentation.

LIE wants you to like whatever they give you. It’s all in the mind!

LSE wants you to enjoy things in moderation.

not sure about the others …

So, you lovely forum people, what are your experiences? Stories? (c:
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE 2Wing3 proberly will be the best host.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you basically have the right idea. I thought of people I know in real life and their types, and they all pretty much act like that exactly.

So good job.

Contradictions are really starting to bug.

I want people not to notice that I haven't bothered to clean my apartment. I always fail.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at that! An INTp host!

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Look at that! An INTp host!

Good idea, this one is better though

...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

Warlord I totally dig an INTp hosting my birthday than an SI ego. we will have an NI revalation!
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Warlord I totally dig an INTp hosting my birthday than an SI ego. we will have an NI revalation!
    heh, to be serious I have never hosted a party, I'm not sure what it would be like. Hosting a party seems like a lot of trouble and effort.

I had my graduation party last year. But my dad arranged and paid the whole thing, I was more in a role of guest/observer there. So:

ESTp host mainly aims to impress people with money and influence. Doesn't care about pleasantness, for example might argue with the guests. Likely to get drunk and make ass out of himself (not this time though ).

INTp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

That one's totally ISTp!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont like being a host. If I am I can be domineering, I guess. Im usually pretty silly and fun though.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like hosting parties. I try to not to put to much effort into it but I always seem to put a lot into it. And turn out always varies so its hard to prepare. Then I spend all my time trying to talk to everyone so I feel like I haven't really caught up with anyone.

I think I tend to want people to try things I like or something I think they might like. Like try a food or music or game.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ime …

ESE wants you to feel at ease/ to make yourself at home/ to feel included.

SEI wants you to do/have what you want, to enjoy yourself.

ILE wants you to “try this!”

ESI wants you to have what you “should” have ("eat this - it’s good for you").

EIE wants to put a spectacular show on, impress everyone with the presentation.

LIE wants you to like whatever they give you. It’s all in the mind!

LSE wants you to enjoy things in moderation.

not sure about the others …

So, you lovely forum people, what are your experiences? Stories? (c:
    I don't like hosting things, especially at my apartment. When I do find myself in that role I do my best to quietly move from person to person catching up with them and making sure that they have everything that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hmm, I was thinking this topic was going to be about what kind of parasites live on each of the 16 host types.
    lol
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've lived with an SEI who would interrogate me on whether i'd had my vegetables, proteins on a daily basis.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    i've lived with an SEI who would interrogate me on whether i'd had my vegetables, proteins on a daily basis.
    bitch

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An LSE I used to live with … she was very casual about everything – she would be preparing the meal while chatting to the guests, and invite them to help her. She’d hardly tidy up at all before the guests arrived … so people’d feel more at home lol. I found her a bit annoying when I was cooking. :-p She’d come up and peer over my shoulder – “What ingredients do you have in there?” “Uh, um, well, a bit of … Arghhhh! Sorry, burning!” Well, I’m not very good when I’m rushed. :-p And I’m no good at multi-tasking and being cool and non-flustered at the same time. Or timing things so that they are all cooked to perfection simultaneously. This ESE I know though – she is just the epitome of the perfect host - imo anyway. It seems she utilizes the perfect mix of planning and spontaneity so that everything runs smoothly without being too stilted and organised-feeling. She caters to everyone’s individual needs, e.g. she knows I like helping her in the kitchen so she lets me, and tells other people to “Sit and eat.” :-p And if something flops, she laughs and turns it into something equally as good.

If I’m playing host, I’m so wound-up by the time the meal’s ready that I just quickly taste everything and breathe a sigh of relief, then take a nap at the table (no, not really) … or else I go “Ack, that’s pretty bad.” *giggle* “Don’t eat that!” But I gradually relax as things progress.

There’s this other EIE Russian lady I know – she’s an awesome cook … even considering everything is laced with coriander. :-p She pressures people to eat too much though. :-p “Seriously, I’m really full.” “But you are too thin!” *grabs me by the waist and pinches my cheek* “Here, you must eat this.” lol

My EIE sister and I used to have fun times putting on dinner parties. She would whirl around attempting these exotic dishes, generally making a huge mess ... then order our brothers and I to clean up. lol This one time, she insisted that she wanted to serve mango smoothies with bananas and everything in them when the guests walked in the door. I was like, "But they'll be full before they've even started eating!"
    "You're just lazy!"
    "They'd take a second to make. I just think you're going overboard. Trying to impress everyone. They're our relatives for godssakes."
    "You're so stingy."
    "Everyone's just going to be embarrassed by the sheer amount of food. They'll be gulping things down just to be polite."
    "I hate you! You're always so negative! They're going to here any minute. Start chopping these up!"
    "Stop ordering me around!" *walks away*
    "Get back in here!" *starts blender up with the lid not on properly and stuff flies everywhere* "Come and help clean up - quickly!"
    *lololol*
    "I hate you!!"
    "Oh, you have to admit it's pretty funny. There's mango on the ceiling!"
    *practically crying* "Please help me!@#$%"
    "Yeah, ok. Calm down."

We make a great team! :-p
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."