Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That was not the point of Loki's statement. It was about the method of conveying them.
    I don't really care, I'm expressing my own opinion.

You try to type with impressions, which is fine. However your impressions are based on "vibey" manifestations of functions that just don't really exist anywhere beyond your own mind.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    He's kind of gross to me. I don't know why.
    I was in the same boat for a while. but I've come to appreciate that he's actually a really good actor. I'm pretty tough to convince when it comes to acting, and this guy is up there. He's no Daniel Day Lewis, but he's pretty damn good.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I don't really care, I'm expressing my own opinion.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by gilly
    You try to type with impressions, which is fine. However your impressions are based on "vibey" manifestations of functions that just don't really exist anywhere beyond your own mind.
    What else is there to type on? We're dealing with abstract cognitive processes that show themselves through holistic coloration of how a person comes across.

How can you go explaining to someone in concrete terms why the person's pictures demonstrate a specific function? By focusing on a raised eyebrow or pronounced jaw?

How do you go explaining that a person's picture demonstrates the presence of external field statics (Ti)? Or try describing the color green to someone.

I just don't see another way, but I'd be happy to learn one that'd be more effective.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you go explaining that a person's picture demonstrates the presence of external field statics (Ti)?
    So far I'm not convinced you can!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What else is there to type on? We're dealing with abstract cognitive processes that show themselves through holistic coloration of how a person comes across.

How can you go explaining to someone in concrete terms why the person's pictures demonstrate a specific function? By focusing on a raised eyebrow or pronounced jaw?

How do you go explaining that a person's picture demonstrates the presence of external field statics (Ti)? Or try describing the color green to someone.

I just don't see another way, but I'd be happy to learn one that'd be more effective.
    I just think you should study the IM elements more and make an effort to fully grasp them and embrace them the way you have embraced your own subjective method of understanding functions. Once you do that, you will be able to "see" functions without even trying. Expat once compared understanding the functions to knowing a language: once you really comprehend what's going on, it's not a matter of sticking labels on things and translating every little tidbit, but it's not like you're trying to guess what someone is saying by the expresson on their face, either. But you do come to have a better grasp of what actually means something in the context of socionics, and what is minutia.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think you should study the IM elements more and make an effort to fully grasp them and embrace them the way you have embraced your own subjective method of understanding functions. Once you do that, you will be able to "see" functions without even trying. Expat once compared understanding the functions to knowing a language: once you really comprehend what's going on, it's not a matter of sticking labels on things and translating every little tidbit, but it's not like you're trying to guess what someone is saying by the expresson on their face, either. But you do come to have a better grasp of what actually means something in the context of socionics, and what is minutia.
    Gimme an example of someone you've typed where you can point out the functions in the method you've just described, because it's pretty much what I do already. However it's becoming increasingly likely that you and I actually see the functions differently.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving an example would be pointless. I'm just saying, I don't think you understand the functions properly.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving an example would be pointless. I'm just saying, I don't think you understand the functions properly.
    Fair enough, the feeling is mutual.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's Fi-ISFj. I can see the Se flowing out of her irises, the subdued Te dual-seeking working beneath her active display of Fi.

Compare this to a clear example of an LII-Ne 8w! sx/sp:

There's this look of Ti staticness sticking out like spikes in the Si flow that she is so totally immersed in.

--------

This was my sole point! That it doesn't say anything! Did that mean anything to you????

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

She's Fi-ISFj. I can see the Se flowing out of her irises, the subdued Te dual-seeking working beneath her active display of Fi.

Compare this to a clear example of an LII-Ne 8w! sx/sp:

There's this look of Ti staticness sticking out like spikes in the Si flow that she is so totally immersed in.

--------

This was my sole point! That it doesn't say anything! Did that mean anything to you????
    Yes it does mean something to me, and thanks for sharing.

I understand what you're saying with the first one, I just am not sure on her type myself to see the same things, atm, but I'll get back to you.

Regarding Jolie, I agree 100%, except I believe she's Si ISFp, whose primary emphasis is indeed on Si and Ti.

She is totally immersed in an Si flow, and I see her Ti as emerging like spikes, like steel supports loosely rising from the water. It fits perfectly with the Si ISFp Si mode of orientation with the emphasis on the Ti hidden agenda. She's looking for all the Ti, trying to bring it to her from within her Si perspective. She seems dynamic>static. There is a direct flow to her, as opposed to a light background noise the way it is for me.

Kenny G, another Si ISFp, is the same way - he uses so much Ti when he speaks and seems like he's playing with it.

That's how the agenda manifests - the person is fascinated with it and they "dabble in" it. Whereas someone like me is within it and it takes a much more focused perspective.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wasn't being serious (maybe you knew that and decided to take it seriously just because?). i was trying to demonstrate how wishy-washy it is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I thought you were, because your remarks about Jolie were accurate imo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I kind of missed that one lol. Fuck, whatever.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have put Angelina in an Se quadra.