Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
The only dichotomy that I have a say on is result/process. My take on result is subscribing to "the ends justify the means" or at least being susceptible to that kind of belief.
I'd say it's something like that. I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think I understand the differences visually.

Process:____________:Result

Process types focus on the resulting developments of a situation; they see things from the perspective of definite and simple beginnings towards indefinite and complicated ends. They evolve the problem until the issue has been resolved by unfolding it.

Result types focus on the processes of a situation; they see things from the perspective of indefinite and complicated beginnings towards definite and simple ends. They devolve the problem until the issue has been resolved by packing it all together.

===

I think your situation is too limited to be able to be analyzed in and of itself itself, but because, overall, your SLI did not have the need to draw out the situation to expand upon "you're gonna slice off the end of your finger", and stopped when the point was made, is indicative of Result.