Thread: Socionics Types and Quotes

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why is this thread in the Delta Quadra subforum? Wouldn't it be better placed in General Discussion? It deals with all types.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Why is this thread in the Delta Quadra subforum? Wouldn't it be better placed in General Discussion? It deals with all types.
    This isn't necessarily related to only deltas, but, it's something we could talk about. Basically, post things that you see as being socioincally relevant - or instances in real conversation/interaction where you think socionics comes through in a clear way. There are some moments where I say "wow, this really exemplifies...." - do you have the same? I've been thinking about making a thread like this for a while, and some things from today finally led to it happening.
    It was created in a time where there was very little happening in the delta quadra subforum; it was a means to get some deltas talking in here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, I touched on a slightly uncomfortable subject with an SLI
    and they bow out and change subjects to how they need to do something to their car.

classic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to help an ESE who is in a relationship with another ESE:

Me: I just wish the two of you could have a level-headed conversation for once.
    ESE: ...
    Me: You need to sit down at a time when you're both calm and talk about your future and make a plan with a timeline and everything. Like, date for a year, plan marriage, get married. Or not.
    ESE: We already made a plan but we don't follow it. We make plans in our "intimate moments". (said with air quotes)
    Me: And then you fight. You two are always fighting or having intimate lovey-dovey talks, when are you ever just calm so you can talk about the relationship and get to know each other?
    ESE: We are passionate people! She thinks I'm yelling when I'm not. Do I sound like I'm yelling?
    (he kind of does, but I know that's how he talks when he's feeling strongly, which is almost always)
    Me: No I know you're not yelling now but you were yelling on the phone with her.
    ESE: We were both talking passionately!
    Me: You've got to be able to talk some other kind of way if you want to get to know each other. Remember we talked about building relationships before you can commit to them?
    Me: What do you want to do?
    ESE: I don't know! I don't want to break up with this girl, I love her!
    Me:...
    ESE: I've got to end it right now, cut it off!
    (goes off and cries)
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Trying to help an ESE who is in a relationship with another ESE:

Me: I just wish the two of you could have a level-headed conversation for once.
    Me: You need to sit down at a time when you're both calm and talk about your future and make a plan with a timeline and everything. Like, date for a year, plan marriage, get married. Or not.
    ESE: We already made a plan but we don't follow it. We make plans in our "intimate moments". (said with air quotes)
    Me: And then you fight. You two are always fighting or having intimate lovey-dovey talks, when are you ever just calm so you can talk about the relationship and get to know each other?
    ESE: We are passionate people! She thinks I'm yelling when I'm not. Do I sound like I'm yelling?
    (he kind of does, but I know that's how he talks when he's feeling strongly, which is almost always)
    Me: No I know you're not yelling now but you were yelling on the phone with her.
    ESE: We were both talking passionately!
    Me: You've got to be able to talk some other kind of way if you want to get to know each other. Remember we talked about building relationships before you can commit to them?
    Me: What do you want to do?
    ESE: I don't know! I don't want to break up with this girl, I love her!
    Me:...
    ESE: I've got to end it right now, cut it off!
    (goes off and cries)
    You're an expert in destroying relationships.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    You're an expert in destroying relationships.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    and they bow out and change subjects to how they need to do something to their car.

classic.
    Yeah, really weird to me, like the most inorganic way to move the conversation. I was talking to this SiTe I had a rocky time with, and he brought up why I didn't talk much with him and why I seemed mean when we talked. I brought up all the times he continued to flake on me, and that I waited months for him to live up to his word and continued to have my patience tried to the point where I just gave up. Like, he directly asked for this, and then instead of answering anything, he just goes "Let's talk about something nicer." And we haven't talked since then, so I'm just like screw him

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

classic.
    Well...what kind of car was it? ;-)
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ISTPjim View Post
    Well...what kind of car was it? ;-)
    Jeez, can't you read? It was *classic.*

(still not ontopic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    From an online conversation w an SLI friend/ex-coworker of mine:

Me - Thank you, [SLI]! It has been too long... as much as I enjoy your wit via the internet, it isn't the same as in person. I don't know if you're free, but we [at work] are having the Halloween Extravaganza next week - it'd be great to see you [and your offspring!] if you can make it... if not, hopefully I'll see you soon... I need to have a party or something, and if I do then hopefully you and your wife can make an appearance ;-)

SLI - these things you've said all sound very reasonable, and i'll see what i can do

"very reasonable" indeed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me - Thank you, [SLI]! It has been too long... as much as I enjoy your wit via the internet, it isn't the same as in person. I don't know if you're free, but we [at work] are having the Halloween Extravaganza next week - it'd be great to see you [and your offspring!] if you can make it... if not, hopefully I'll see you soon... I need to have a party or something, and if I do then hopefully you and your wife can make an appearance ;-)

SLI - these things you've said all sound very reasonable, and i'll see what i can do

Aw, now that's bad. Even I can see that.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I didn't take it as bad at all; that's just how he is online [well, and irl too a lot of the time] even though he's actually a very warm person inside and a great friend. I kind of like it :wink:
    Not to be judgmental, but it sounds like he has a cork stuck somewhere.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I think that's a bit harsh. Granted that was one of his more... blunt? [can't think of the right word atm]... responses, but considering our interactions overall I don't see what's wrong w it. Then again, I guess if that was all I had to judge on, I might think the same thing....
    I'm sure he's cool...he is SLI afterall. :wink:
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, that's cute. That kind of response wouldn't bother me at all either. It almost seems like he wrote down exactly what he was thinking, but that's what's cute about it.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The laugh of an LSI who is anxious about showing a receptivity to positive emotional content when in the presence of a perceives superior.

mmm