Thread: Socionics Types and Quotes

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happened just today. A short interaction between my father (XLE, seems to have both strong Ne and Se, though i'm leaning slightly towards SLE) and me (leaning towards LII for now) while making dinner.

Father: Don't cut the buns on the chopping board used for vegetables.
    Me: Okay.
    I proceed to cut the buns on another board
    Father: Don't cut them on the board used for meat either.
    Me: Okay, i'll take a fresh one.
    I cut the first bun absentmindedly on the new chopping board, but for the second bun i went back to the meat board
    Father: WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU!?
    Me: Oops...

I was a bit taken aback, honestly. He usually gets really annoyed at me for not paying attention or performing a task with my mind somewhere completely else. He has a way of startling me with sudden outbursts of frustration.
    In his defense, i do this all the time.
    Is this an example of rampant Ne vs 'correcting' Se in it's 'homefield'?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Happened just today. A short interaction between my father (XLE, seems to have both strong Ne and Se, though i'm leaning slightly towards SLE) and me (leaning towards LII for now) while making dinner.

I cut the first bun absentmindedly on the new chopping board, but for the second bun i went back to the meat board

I was a bit taken aback, honestly. He usually gets really annoyed at me for not paying attention or performing a task with my mind somewhere completely else. He has a way of startling me with sudden outbursts of frustration.
    Those typings would make sense for the situation.
    I'd just chalk it up to weak Se vs. strong Se, essentially being aware of your physical environment.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ILEs don't really care where and how you cut your bread. They don't pay attention to details like this, unless it concerns some "system" that they carefully set up and don't want you to interfere with it. Even then the delivery is rarely sharp. It's usually SLEs who give you commands and then expect you to absorb and follow them immediately on the spot, a per their leading Se as well as them being "Declaring" types. Notice that what he tells you sounds like holographic-negativist a la ESI: he tells you what NOT to do instead of telling you what you SHOULD do, effectively cutting off and eliminating that behavior, which is result-negativist trait.

Keeping their environment in constant "ready mode" is also one of SLE traits. I don't perceive it as being startling, more like waking up, but that's probably the difference between Se PoLR and Se-seeking.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'holographic-negativist'
    This sounds interesting, i can't say i'm familiar with this branch of theory. Any blanket terms or recommended reading i should look into?

And yeah, that probably is the difference between seeking and PoLR-Se. I percieve it (Se, in situations like the one i described) as a blatant violation of my 'world' and it definitely startles me and offends me.

Funny you should mention 'waking up', as my brother, who i think is a pretty clear IXI, describes it exactly like that. He feels that the push is incredibly productive and effective, whereas i find it so, so disturbing to my mental process and frankly offends me.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

'holographic-negativist'
    This sounds interesting, i can't say i'm familiar with this branch of theory. Any blanket terms or recommended reading i should look into?

And yeah, that probably is the difference between seeking and PoLR-Se. I percieve it (Se, in situations like the one i described) as a blatant violation of my 'world' and it definitely startles me and offends me.

Funny you should mention 'waking up', as my brother, who i think is a pretty clear IXI, describes it exactly like that. He feels that the push is incredibly productive and effective, whereas i find it so, so disturbing to my mental process and frankly offends me.
    I could see how Si HA would 'feel' this way in response to Se. It's not perceived as a violation of anything internal on my end since what their Se is always about some external parameters or external activities, so it really has nothing to do with my 'inner' world the way I see it. It kind of makes things snap sharper into focus and that is somehow motivational.

The terms come from the Cognitive Styles article: http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...amic_Cognition but there also bits of this that you can pick up from type descriptions:
    - "ESI first draws near to a person, then moves away, seeming to probe the individual from all sides, cutting off those who could let them down."
    - "Possibly, it is for this reason that all of ISFj's "commandments" and directives are so categorical, and state primarily and precisely what a person should NOT do."
    - "Art is the elimination of the unnecessary" - Pablo Picasso, SLE.
    There are four types that share the traits of static, negativist, and result that exhibit the kind of thinking style called Holographic-Panoramic. Since they are result-negativists a feature of their mental process that they are usually better at seeing what needs to be eliminated or cut off than growing and accruing, be it objects, people, or some kind of habits, actions, or behaviors.