Thread: If cosmetic surgery was available as standard on your current health care plan

Hybrid View

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    there is nothing wrong with it, imo.

my sis is sort of an extreme case where she's had so much work done on herself and works SO HARD on her appearance that it does seem vain. but getting a few things done is nothing bad. if something about your looks bugs you, then fix it? i mean, i don't see what the issue is.
    Right. I don't get why people feel the need to impose their opinions on other people. If you think cosmetic surgery is wrong, that's fine - don't get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    IT MEANZ UR SELF ABSORBED, DUH!!!

ha..anyone who says they're not concerned about their appearance is basically lying.
    Agree.

-

I don't know what I would have done... probably skin treatments as I get older. I dislike my nose [and I do legitimately have a deviated septum that interferes w breathing when I run, ha], but I don't know whether I would go under the knife for it... not bc I think it's "wrong," but bc I don't know if it'd be worth it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I don't know what I would have done... probably skin treatments as I get older. I dislike my nose [and I do legitimately have a deviated septum that interferes w breathing, ha], but I don't know whether I would go under the knife for it... not bc I think it's "wrong," but bc I don't know if it'd be worth it.
    i also have a deviated septum. i never bothered with getting it fixed, either. maybe in the future or if i can be convinced that it's actually worth it.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ins't lipo dangerous anymore?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are always things I dislike about myself, but I can't think of anything I'd actually want surgery for. That feels extreme to me.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beauty is in imperfection. Once you contrive it, all hope is lost. Hence society.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Beauty is in imperfection. Once you contrive it, all hope is lost. Hence society.
    Yeah, I agree that "imperfect beauty" is most appealing - but when it comes down to it, there's definitely a limit to how many/what kinds of imperfections most people interpret as beautiful....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ocular implants
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    WOW nice
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    WOW nice
    thanks
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    There's a difference between being aware and being concerned. For clarification purposes, the main definition of the word "concerned" is anxious and/or worried. And I stand by what I said. I am by no means anxious or worried about my appearance, merely aware.
    No. It's all or nothing: you either care or you don't. Wearing makeup and undergoing cosmetic surgery are both indicative of some amount of concern for your personal appearance, albeit maybe to different degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000
    WOW nice
    Haha, yeah - it sounds all deep and pure... until you admit that in practice you probably don't actually find imperfections quite as attractive as you said you did in theory.