Thread: Fe PoLR: how does it show in ISTps and INTps?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Whether Fe is wholly or partly indigestible to Fe-PoLRs is dependent on which sociotronicalistic model one favors and one's understanding of it*, but in any case the resulting mentality possess an intellectually mediated social interface. Fe-laden gestures meant to convey and instill certain emotional states aren't accepted as they were presented. Instead they're rationalized (primarily*) via Te-Fi in conjunction with their blocked irrational functions and examined forensically for significance, intent, and verity. If these elements are found to be discordant with observations then the bullshit detector goes off.

For instance I dislike movie scores in which the composer and director attempt to engender a hoped-for emotional response in me that the film has failed to produce. The music intrudes upon my personal experience of the characters as they're portrayed and seeks to impose a "correct" feeling toward them that is dictated by the director. No doubt some find this emotional steering welcome but to me it feels as if I'm being subjected to a cheap instrument of coercion by moviemakers who fall short of true artistry.

I would think, "If this person's niceness is genuine then this may be someone worth knowing, although I hope there's no expectation that I'm going to respond with equal effusiveness, because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. In fact this demand upon my attention is somewhat draining as I'd rather focus on things I find more interesting, so I might shut this individual off soon. However, I'll continue humoring this person in the meantime and making observations."

In a similar situation I'd think, "This dude is uptight. What a puffed up clown. Hopefully we don't have any interpersonal friction that will affect my grade in this class. His self-important posturing is hilarious and it's already difficult for me not to tweak his nose."

Yeah wow, this was so enlightening, thanks Korpsey! It's nice to know what is actually going through the Fe-POLR mind, because all I can do is really guess. LOL btw @ the scenarios!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

k0rp i want you to write a book or something. thank you.