Hybrid View

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Sounds like a mindset I once harbored during a darker time of my life.

"I don't care if it hurts
    I want to have control
    I want a perfect body
    I want a perfect soul"
    Interesting. I'd say control plays a part in it—much more so in previous years than now. Although, I don't think pain and whatnot is a means for control, but rather, a sort of physical exaltation that arises from knowing you are truly pushing the limits. The pain is like a necessity to reach your potential or something. But I will say that when I do implement any routine, I need to have complete control. It's hard to have the structure perturbed or something like that. Which is probably why I fluctuate.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Yeah, I have to fluctuate.
    Yeah. I have only found a handful of other people who relate to these sentiments. Most just balk at it, usually with some self-righteous proclamation of how I "can't be like that" because it's "unhealthy." (hence my vexation with people who claim to "have it together") Anyway, I think dolphin mentioned something about this before: that it's the highs and lows that make life. I completely agree with that, and it generally (not deliberately) fuels all my activities. What can I do today for that 'charge'? Without constantly changing impacts, I would feel dead. I need to always know that I can 'snap' at any moment, and that I won't fear whatever impulse hits, because the sheer magnitude of it will be worth it.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, Beta exercise sounds like no fun at all. Over in Alpha, we just exercise by makin' babies.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

betas exercise by killing babies

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    betas exercise by killing babies
    Thanks, man. That helps me lose weight.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Thanks, man. That helps me lose weight.
    no problem

Creepy-Cyclops

Damn, Beta exercise sounds like no fun at all. Over in Alpha, we just exercise by makin' babies.
    And you can pass them babies over to Delta where the milk of human kindness itself which is the INFj will nurture and sacrifice themself to rear and care for all the babies and all the children of the world.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually that kind of epitomizes my style of exercise. I want to do something that's enjoyable that happens to result in the effects of exercise, like playing basketball or jogging/walking fast through cool scenery, swimming at the beach or cruising underwater in a pool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im an enfj four and i can be pretty emo, too. just as i think infps can be well adjusted. maybe its a stereotype, but i think they can be pretty preocuppied with health and can get into yoga and who knows what else. I think of health food as being part of the INFP world in a general sense.

The ESTP I know struggles to stay active, but definitely tries to stay within a healthy range of behavior (for the most part).

I was into working out when i was younger and i mixed it up with areobics, machines ,and free weights.

I had a personal trainer for about 2 sessions and it helped me learn how to structure my work out and get the most out of it.

for those who think its silly to join a gym most cities have a rec center
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.