Thread: Example of an INTp & INFj conversation (benefit relations)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you getting that from?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cackles*

Oh my goodness. This is exactly the kind of experience I've had with ILIs. I read this conversation and was blown away at how accurate a description it is of how I tend to interact with ILIs as well. My mom is the worst, prompt to the point of perpetual earliness. If something goes off of her proposed schedule or order of things it's a way bigger deal to her than it is to most. Not necessarily because she can't adapt, rather it's no longer what she had projected and therefore somehow "wrong". My ESTp step-dad is great for her in that sense, because he not only adapts well but sets out exactly how ridiculous she's being by fussing over something so inane.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    *cackles*

Oh my goodness. This is exactly the kind of experience I've had with ILIs. I read this conversation and was blown away at how accurate a description it is of how I tend to interact with ILIs as well. My mom is the worst, prompt to the point of perpetual earliness. If something goes off of her proposed schedule or order of things it's a way bigger deal to her than it is to most. Not necessarily because she can't adapt, rather it's no longer what she had projected and therefore somehow "wrong". My ESTp step-dad is great for her in that sense, because he not only adapts well but sets out exactly how ridiculous she's being by fussing over something so inane.
    Thank God someone thinks this an ILI thing and not a him-liking-me thing. And, yes, it's exactly as you said: It's not that they're not easy going, it's just that they get strongly tied to this "perfect plan." As I said, though, a lot of ILIs I know do this planning thing, but aren't as demanding on the other person.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Thank God someone thinks this an ILI thing and not a him-liking-me thing.
    yeah, it's funny to see everyone focussing on what type he is, instead of answering your question, even funnier is that everyone knows immediately which type he is or is not, when having read 4 sentences. While you know this guy from let's say 1000 sentences. So everybody thinks they are about 250 times as smart as you. Which is pretty naieve and arrogant.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yeah, it's funny to see everyone focussing on what type he is, instead of answering your question, even funnier is that everyone knows immediately which type he is or is not, when having read 4 sentences. While you know this guy from let's say 1000 sentences. So everybody thinks they are about 250 times as smart as you. Which is pretty naieve and arrogant.
    hahaha. There's a correlation between ignorance and arrogance.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    This is not true. I don't believe your mother is like this. :wink: Actually, what's more frustrating is the fact that others can't see what's ahead, where I'm right but I have to wait for others to 'see' what I have predicted is true. Until such time, I'm labeled as 'wrong'. This happens more than you wish to admit, right? A perfect example is developing at the moment. I've forewarned but my prediction was dismissed. So, I'll sit back and wait for the event to unfold and witness the squirming and complaining.
    Pffft, I think this is a case where I'M right and YOU'RE wrong. With regards to the promptness etc, that is.

And see, I think you think that people think you're wrong. Where people actually don't think that you're wrong, rather they think that you think that they haven't taken to account what you're saying but really they've already thought about that. It's not that you're wrong, it's that you're annoying "people" with stating what they already know and making it a stance rather than moving on to a mutual understanding. At which point they become annoyed and ignore you on principle

Everyone, everyone, look! Contrasting mother-daughter! Someone should do a study, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Pffft, I think this is a case where I'M right and YOU'RE wrong. With regards to the promptness etc, that is.

And see, I think you think that people think you're wrong. Where people actually don't think that you're wrong, rather they think that you think that they haven't taken to account what you're saying but really they've already thought about that. It's not that you're wrong, it's that you're annoying "people" with stating what they already know and making it a stance rather than moving on to a mutual understanding. At which point they become annoyed and ignore you on principle

Everyone, everyone, look! Contrasting mother-daughter! Someone should do a study, lol.
    i think you think that people think don't think they think that you think what you're saying they've already thought you're wrong you're annoying they know they ignore you on principle

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i think you think that people think don't think they think that you think what you're saying they've already thought you're wrong you're annoying they know they ignore you on principle
    Why must you hurt me so?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Why must you hurt me so?
    it's the only thing that's real

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why must you hurt me so?
    Because it amuses him.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, okay, I'll do a study. Oh wait! I can't use this sample because the familial relationship will create uncontrolled variables in the results. OH NOES! All that grant money will now go to waste.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel a need to protect the ILI ego, but now that i look back on it, this seems like a petty thing to do .. and looking back he does seem ILI, and it's irrelevant if some dumbass hates on the type ILI. It really is

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I feel a need to protect the ILI ego, but now that i look back on it, this seems like a petty thing to do .. and looking back he does seem ILI, and it's irrelevant if some dumbass hates on the type ILI. It really is
    LOL. But I don't hate on ILIs; I don't dislike him for being like this. It's just....frustrating and makes me feel shitty.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    LOL. But I don't hate on ILIs; I don't dislike him for being like this. It's just....frustrating and makes me feel shitty.
    I really like my ILI friend. Very much. Not sure I'd want him all the time at a very close distance, but he's great.
    IEI-Fe 4w3