Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Physical Attraction/Repulsion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    fag on a human rights mission. better watch it
    i'm not a homosexual, for starters, and enders.
    asd

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Ohhh, you quoted before I deleted. I figured that might be a bit too low of a blow in response to heath.
    I wouldn't worry. Heath isn't that sensitive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I wouldn't worry. Heath isn't that sensitive.
    it's a slightly low blow, highly unnecessacy, but i'll live. I have a quasi-girlfriend my own age too, btw.
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Actually, I kind of feel the same way about this but not really because they would have an upper hand over me. I don't like it because one could end up getting the wrong idea while I actually wasn't intending to get carried away with myself. Though, I'm not apposed to saying things like "you have nice eyes" or "you have a nice smile" ect. It doesn't necessarily mean I want to fuck them.
    Since when has saying "you have nice eyes" meant that you want to fuck someone...

Mind you-

I've said you have nice eyes to girls I've just met. Whist continously locking on, and got a reasonably good response before.

I'm assuming you just want to control how far things go. Which to me is on par with not allowing the other to have the upper hand.

I'm fine with telling another girl that she's attractive, or a gay guy, ect. I know they wont think that I mean anything out of context by it, and I'm always being honest with what I say.
    I've known a few girls to say that they're not attractive, and who I haven't wanted to say that they're attractive because I don't want to give them the wrong idea.

Then I've also had girls say that they're not attractive, when I'm really drunk, ... and not been as concerned about giving the wrong idea.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    it's a slightly low blow, highly unnecessacy, but i'll live. I have a quasi-girlfriend my own age too, btw.
    Most guys like younger girls.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most guys like younger girls.
    eh. i am really really weird, and have absurd taste.
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

My favourite thing to say to girls i don't give a shit about, and want to wind up .. is that they're easy.

For some reason most girls don't like to be told that they're easy, and those that can deal with it, are much more amusing.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

eh. i am really really weird, and have absurd taste.
    Do you like older women?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like older women?
    i like a certain sort of woman. the extremely outgoing talkative kind. these sort of women generally like me as well. It doesn't matter if they are young or old, as long as they fit this condition.
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

There's this girl that came up to me yesterday, to do this survey, and I spotted her again,. and I spotted her today, and then again today, ...

Anyway, it only just struck me today, that she reminds me of this cute girl who used to sit behind me in a school class, and who'd occasionally get spastic when she got stuck on things, and I'd turn around.

And again it struck me, I never really paid her much attention, but I always thought she was cute/hot. She was pretty quiet though.

And I think like often when I meet girls, they can remind me of other girls I've known in the past ...

And that in a way can fuel their attraction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's this girl that came up to me yesterday, to do this survey, and I spotted her again,. and I spotted her today, and then again today, ...

Anyway, it only just struck me today, that she reminds me of this cute girl who used to sit behind me in a school class, and who'd occasionally get spastic when she got stuck on things, and I'd turn around.
    sounds like a real head turner.
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

sounds like a real head turner.
    She seemed to get nervous in direct interaction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seemed to get nervous in direct interaction.
    sounds like a real tense girl. maybe she liked you.
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

sounds like a real tense girl. maybe she liked you.
    maybe. survey girl seemed pretty comfortable though.

a little nervous. but lots of people are a little nervous in initial interactions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe. survey girl seemed pretty comfortable though.

a little nervous. but lots of people are a little nervous in initial interactions.
    was her survey about your sexual history?
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

was her survey about your sexual history?
    No, it seems she's been landed with approaching random people on the street, to answer this survey thing for the city council.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    You mean the way in which you were attempting to protect the hurt feelings of the obese?

"better watch it" indeed. :/
    More like stick up for my friend and show you that you were being an idiot about something. I'm glad I got to you

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. Hope you've been well. I am going to break my forum fast to dredge up an old post of mine that seems relevant to the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I find it interesting how people object so strongly to fat, when other exhibitions of overconsumption (huge houses and cars that are grossly disproportionate to their practicality, indulging in flashy overstocked wardrobes, jewelry, pampering, etc.) are glamorized, even idolized, in our culture.
    Anyway, in high school I had a history teacher of such girth so as to make it impossible to ambulate like a normal person. He would navigate the halls by use of a chair he had fitted with wheels. He was, quite frankly, the best teacher I ever had. His lectures on World History were legendary among the students of the high school (where he had taught for almost 30 years) - witty, engaging, insightful. I learned more in that class than any college lecture.

Then, about two years after I graduated, we got word that dear Mr. Musgrove had passed away. It was a sad day. He had had health problems through the last few years of his life and occasionally would take leave for extended periods of time, leaving his students in constant worry about whether he had expired or not. Still, none of us would ever dare bluntly suggest a diet to this man who could concievably swallow entire Bostom Market chickens whole. He lived and died exactly how he wished. A fat, fat, awesome and intelligent man.

BTW, I'm still not here.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think every school has one of those fat teachers on motorized wheelchairs. I did. It was particularly fun when it'd be dead silent while you're taking a test and all you see is a fat man fly by on a wheelchair.

/kinda mean..sorry about your teacher... I just had to throw that out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the only real criteria that I can think of that will deter me from befriending an individual is if they...stink. And I have met fat, average and thin people who I can attribute this trait.

I agree with the general sentiments that I cannot like someone who I do not find attractive but, on the other hand, I have liked those who others, particularly my friends, find unattractive and downright ugly. But in my eyes, they are appealing. For me, the personality really affects my judgment of a person's physical appearance.

As a result of this many, many people say I have strange tastes and all too often I get the "You're too good for him" or "What do you see in him" statements, which most of the time baffles me.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I think every school has one of those fat teachers on motorized wheelchairs. I did. It was particularly fun when it'd be dead silent while you're taking a test and all you see is a fat man fly by on a wheelchair.

LMAO

*memories of the penguin waddling by in the moto-desk with a cane on her lap*

(she's not dead)
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Baby! <3
    I missed you too.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129

lol. This actually wasn't a motorized wheelchair but literally just a wooden chair with those wheels you see on the bottom of shopping carts attached to the legs. Actually, if I remember right, he had a set of two.

But anyway, my point is: don't underestimate the morbidly obese. You might not necessarily be inclined to copulate with them, but they might have other attributes (intelligence/wit/insight/humor/etc.) that make fostering a friendship worth considering. We all have weaknesses (I know some people who can't stop posted compulsively on a certain internet forum...), so best to practice us some humility and compassion, yo.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ILE 8w7
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was said before in this thread, but I am not (or at least I do not honestly think) I look anything like a Tom Cruise, but I can still get phone numbers, get women to talk to me, etc. I think this is because I am very honest, ambitious, and I know how to but things into perspective. As far as how I am attracted to women, I am attracted to the ones that are physically attractive, but there are a lot of exceptions to this too. Some women I find more attractive than women that are supposed to be more physically attractive according to what others might say, or by mass media's standards. As far as people in general, I try to associate with attractive people as much as I can that also fit my values.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have much the same sentiments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I know several people who are overweight to the point of obesity. A few of them I would consider friends and, yes, I do indeed worry about their health. I like them and enjoy their company and I don't want their overweight to hurt them or take them from me prematurely. I am not always sure, though, what I can do to help them. I'm afraid of blundering and saying or doing the wrong thing and hurting them, so I usually end up avoiding the topic when around them.

As for how a person's appearance influences if and how I interact with them - sure initial appearance does play a part, especially in how comfortable I am in initiating or accepting interaction. But, when watching someone, the initial looks generally fade from my view and I focus on manner and direction and intent and other things. Appearance blends into "underneath" stuff to form my impressions of the person, although occasionally a physical feature will predominate and mask other facets. Hm, not sure how to describe it. It might help to keep in mind that I'm not very physically observant, not in regards to important details.

As for what physically attracts me, overall healthiness and hygiene is important to me, and a healthy weight is a part of that. I don't think I could be attracted to somebody who was generally unhealthy and/or unclean. But that's more along the lines of romantic physical attraction. In terms of who I can get along and be friends with, physical appearance has its place especially in the initial stages of knowing someone, but it's not the end-all be-all. Sure, pretty people are nicer to look at - and I do love nice aesthetics. Being around kind, caring, intelligent, etc. people is very nice, too. Nicer, actually, in the long run. Of course, inner beauty and outer beauty are not mutually exclusive. And, as others have pointed out, appearance can become more appealing when one likes what is underneath the surface.

So, I can't say that physical appearance isn't a factor in how I perceive people; but it is only one factor out of many others. How significant a factor kind of depends on the kind of relationship - for example I'm probably not going to marry a man I don't find physically attractive, but I'm not going to say "I can't be friends with you" to an obese person just because of their weight.

Then again, upon further reflection, if someone's aesthetics seriously assault my senses, I will be much more likely to instinctively avoid them. Not that I feel proud of that, because I think it's good to be able to overcome such things, but it would be my genuine internal inclination.
    lately I've been realizing how beautiful people are in a more general way, even if they are overweight. I used to have a VERY strong negative reaction to fat women or ugly girls. But now it's more I'm able to appreciate them as a person, or just understand their insecurities better, maybe more empathy somehow? So it's not so bad.

But I definitely have my own strong tastes about what I find attractive. I only really like a few body types, and I prefer a certain lithe quality. And I'm very, very particular about what I like in a face.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like it when women have narrow hips, probably because my head is an inch and a half larger than average in circumference, so I'm subconsciously wondering how they'll squeeze out my cranially well-endowed offspring.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHILD-BEARIN' HIPS
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't like it when women have narrow hips, probably because my head is an inch and a half larger than average in circumference, so I'm subconsciously wondering how they'll squeeze out my cranially well-endowed offspring.
    LOL

Do guys really take that into consideration??

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, guys just like big butts, and they cannot lie.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    LOL

Do guys really take that into consideration??
    If by "take it into consideration" you mean do I discount someone over the width of their hips? No, but I do find wide hips extremely attractive and narrow ones not so much.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Sometimes, guys just like big butts, and they cannot lie.
    Well I respect that you don't deny....

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste and a round thing in his face, UDP gets sprung.

EDIT: Anthropologists believe that men are generally attracted to women with wider hips and bigger breasts because they are child-bearers.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    But anyway, my point is: don't underestimate the morbidly obese. You might not necessarily be inclined to copulate with them, but they might have other attributes (intelligence/wit/insight/humor/etc.) that make fostering a friendship worth considering. We all have weaknesses (I know some people who can't stop posted compulsively on a certain internet forum...), so best to practice us some humility and compassion, yo.
    Awww, look! It's Auvi!

Good to see you, Auvi, but now turn around and run! Be an inspiration!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    More like stick up for my friend and show you that you were being an idiot about something. I'm glad I got to you
    lol. Perplexed me with lack of awareness of your own irony is more like it.

Who's your friend? Kim?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell me that's photoshopped? She looks like she's about to keel over and die just from lifting her arms.

Are those her nipples all the way under her arms or is that a fat roll with a zit?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Please tell me that's photoshopped? She looks like she's about to keel over and die just from lifting her arms.

Are those her nipples all the way under her arms or is that a fat roll with a zit?
    I believe that is real.
    And yes, that is the same kind of person that I don't react well too, either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Average looking and ugly people actually reproduce at a much more frequent rate than highly attractive people.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm good looking and intelligent. I'll have to find a good looking and intelligent wife, and then have much pleasing sex with her, raising a few (not too many, but maybe 2-3-4) kids. I will do this for the benefit of humanity, aesthetically and intellectually speaking. We will shrug off statistics and be leaders of the new way. For the benefit of society - to save the world - this will be my quest.

And so, destiny reveals itself.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad that it's all about reproduction and being a birthing or fertilizing unit. I think I feel estranged from my own biology. The filthy genes of the average and unattractive people are clearly turning the purity of humanity into a sort of vile cesspool.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'm good looking and intelligent. I'll have to find a good looking and intelligent wife, and then have much pleasing sex with her, raising a few (not too many, but maybe 2-3-4) kids. I will do this for the benefit of humanity, aesthetically and intellectually speaking. We will shrug off statistics and be leaders of the new way. For the benefit of society - to save the world - this will be my quest.

And so, destiny reveals itself.
    You are joking...? Right?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast