Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Hype

From the first day that I arrived at this forum it has surprised me...

Maybe because my initial interest in Socionics came from wanting to know why my relationship went bad.

But most people seem only interested in types and not relationships. If I look at the WikiSocion for example, there has been put very much effort in types descriptions etc, while the relationship descriptions are nothing more then a couple of sentences. You would start to think Socionics has nothing to do with relationships. Even MBTI sites have more lines about relationships!!

And if I look at the different forums, the 'intertype relationships' has the least number of topics.

I think you can learn a lot about what functions really are when you know how they behave in relationships. This Type Hype does no justice to Socionics, there is to little emphasize on relationships IMO.
    Last edited by Jarno; 12-02-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

Maybe because my initial interest in Socionics came from wanting to know why my relationship went bad.

But most people seem only interested in types and not relationships. If I look at the WikiSocion for example, there has been put very much effort in types descriptions etc, while the relationship descriptions are nothing more then a couple of sentences. You would start to think Socionics has nothing to do with relationships. Even MBTI sites have more lines about relationships!!

And if I look at the different forums, the 'intertype relationships' has the least number of topics.

I think you can learn a lot about what functions really are when you know how they behave in relationships. This Type Hype does no justice to Socionics IMO.
    I agree with what you are saying here. A lot of the discussion here is quite theoretical. Something I was reading earlier, on Rick's site, is that on most socionic forums in Russia tend not to go too deeply, that people tend to talk about things on the forums that are related to more so real life things which they discussed when they met up IRL.

I have found myself of late enjoying discussing socionics with people who are living it. People they know in their jobs, girls they find attractive and discussing how the intertype relation plays out. I'd also say that for myself, almost all of the things i've learned has come from living the types. The stuff i've read on the internet-various theoretical stuff, comes second. Although it can of course be a useful supplement.

To talk about intertype relations here on forum is something i'm not sure I feel comfortable with though. I somehow suspect people would look to analyse it too much with that was using 3rd function and stuff, then get into big debate about have you really typed so and so correctly etc. IMO, as much as it is interesting to discuss theories of types etc, and important also, it sort of misses the point in dealing with it all IRL situations, where is counts more I think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with socionics is that it is often not ever described practically by anyone. It gives the impression that people are assigned types out of chance and that people are stuck with a type. This is not true. It is possible to learn the ways of each type and to actually to change types to take precedence in situations. It seems that no one knows how to convey the possibility of this, except for me and my research. Eventually I plan to release material that describes the necessary processes to learn to change socionics types.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    The problem with socionics is that it is often not ever described practically by anyone. It gives the impression that people are assigned types out of chance and that people are stuck with a type. This is not true. It is possible to learn the ways of each type and to actually to change types to take precedence in situations. It seems that no one knows how to convey the possibility of this, except for me and my research. Eventually I plan to release material that describes the necessary processes to learn to change socionics types.
    Does every ILE eventually go mad?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Does every ILE eventually go mad?
    Does every SLI ask open ended questions to convey their disbelief ... ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can learn alot about intertype relations by learning about type descriptions and using your imagination.
    The real problem is, I think, it's a difficult subject to write specifics on.

Creepy-

I think you can learn a lot about what functions really are when you know how they behave in relationships. This Type Hype does no justice to Socionics, there is to little emphasize on relationships IMO.
    I have noticed this too and wondered about it. I assumed people here were doing what I am doing in discussing/learning to identify different types, which has everything to do with intertype relations [which, in my opinion, is the whole point of learning about socionics]. It is interesting - unfortunate? - that there is relatively little discussion of intertype relations, though....

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oke I would like to participate in derailing my own thread if it is oke with you guys :-d

I am curious and have some questions:

- If you change your type, does your face suddenly change too, to match the VI of the new type?

- If you can have these mental powers, is it also possible to change your iq to 180?

- Is a type to be considered changed when for example an ISFP says:
    'I can make this more effecient.' Does this mean he is using Te as an ego function instead of his/her Polr, and therefor changed his type to ESTJ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a nice game of chess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oke I would like to participate in derailing my own thread if it is oke with you guys :-d

I am curious and have some questions:

- If you change your type, does your face suddenly change too, to match the VI of the new type?
    Depends on if you believe in VI.

- If you can have these mental powers, is it also possible to change your iq to 180?
    No, awareness of wrongness does not make one smart.

- Is a type to be considered changed when for example an ISFP says:
    'I can make this more effecient.' Does this mean he is using Te as an ego function instead of his/her Polr, and therefor changed his type to ESTJ?
    No. Use of one's PoLR is erratic, so it happens. But you should be careful about actually allowing that ISFp to do anything. You have been warned.