Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type Hype

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a nice game of chess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    The thing about your dual though is that you simply use each other to cover weakness, and to help each other learn to cover weakness. You never learn to transcend the type you use; you just get better at mastering and being that type.

Like I stated before ... for some people they are suppose to just be one type, and learn that type. For those people, finding your dual would be necessary. I also think there are people who are suppose to learn the functions in such a way that they master all the types. I think I am one of those people. And some day I am going to help others do the same.
    First off, you have a serious Bodhisattva-complex going there, but that is not surprising considering you actually use the yin-yang symbol in your chart and your ideas include Far Eastern elements.

Secondly, your dual will prevent you from transcending your type? Ridiculous. Your dual realizes the part of reality that you yourself cannot fathom in all of its complexity. Your dual provides you with the best way to learn how to manage all of your functions because it is their imput you are most receptive to. They can even help you from going off the wall with your Ego functions. I really do not care how much or how many descriptions of the types and elements you read, how long you spend prepping with each element, or whatever else you expect to help you in your task, but all of that is useless. Similarly how no one can actually describe themselves perfectly, no one can write or even understand a perfect description of a single type or a single element.

Your dual is probably the best way for you to actually learn what the other elements truly are and how they truly manifest, think, and function. You can also talk to the other types, but people do not reveal themselves so easily as would your dual. No matter what type you are (I guess I should add "originally" in your case), using some of your functions will bring extreme irritation to sheer boredom.

You think you transcend socionics cause you do not really hate any other type or any other people? Congratulations, you are a humanitarian. No humanitarians carry around Glocks so they can blast away every time they meet their conflict. For humanitarians, conflict relationships are not so much about deep misturst or misunderstanding or hatred, but about boredom, irritation, and annoyance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Oke I would like to participate in derailing my own thread if it is oke with you guys :-d

I am curious and have some questions:

- If you change your type, does your face suddenly change too, to match the VI of the new type?
    Depends on if you believe in VI.

- If you can have these mental powers, is it also possible to change your iq to 180?
    No, awareness of wrongness does not make one smart.

- Is a type to be considered changed when for example an ISFP says:
    'I can make this more effecient.' Does this mean he is using Te as an ego function instead of his/her Polr, and therefor changed his type to ESTJ?
    No. Use of one's PoLR is erratic, so it happens. But you should be careful about actually allowing that ISFp to do anything. You have been warned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12