Thread: Ni-PoLR -- How does it manifest in ESFjs and ESTjs?

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a perfect example of what people in this thread have been saying the whole time.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    What a perfect example of what people in this thread have been saying the whole time.
    That's why I'm here.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If cracka is an example of Ni PoLR than I'm all for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right about ESFjs and traditions. But this extends beyond their personal traditions into the traditions of society as a whole, and Ni polr creates a kind of paranoia in this area where if we don't follow these traditions, something 'bad may happen'. For example, we live on an airforce base. I was ready to go out with my friend; I think we were going to the food court or something. So anyway, I had a brown shirt on. Now my mother notices this, and decides I couldn't leave; and she catapults us into an argument, because she thought I would be 'arrested for having a shirt on which resembled a military uniform'.

It took about 20 minutes to convince her to leave me alone and be quiet. In these situations, ESFjs will play like they're struggling for the greater good. Their statements are mostly composed of guilt trips, appeals to authority; raising their voice in a tone of panic and fear, etc. After the argument's over, the ESFj gets in a sorrowful mood; you will be feeling like someone has died in your house, for about 2 hours or so.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 12-01-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    You're right about ESFjs and traditions. But this extends beyond their personal traditions into the traditions of society as a whole, and Ni polr creates a kind of paranoia in this area where if we don't follow these traditions, something 'bad may happen'. For example, we live on an airforce base. I was ready to go out with my friend; I think we were going to the food court or something. So anyway, I had a brown shirt on. Now my mother notices this, and decides I couldn't leave; and she catapults us into an argument, because she thought I would be 'arrested for having a shirt on which resembled a military uniform'.

It took about 20 minutes to convince her to leave me alone and be quiet. In these situations, ESFjs will play like they're struggling for the greater good. Their statements are mostly composed of guilt trips, appeals to authority; raising their voice in a tone of panic and fear, etc. After the argument's over, the ESFj gets in a sorrowful mood; you will be feeling like someone has died in your house, for about 2 hours or so.
    THAT is the most repulsive shit! everyone who thinks this is me is fucked up in the brain! lol those are the bitches that piss me off the most.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    THAT is the most repulsive shit! everyone who thinks this is me is fucked up in the brain! lol those are the bitches that piss me off the most.
    well, fwiw, my ESE isn't like that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    well, fwiw, my ESE isn't like that.
    whoever is, they are on the top of my "shit list." a mother in law at a birthday party yesterday is like that. OMG. fuck off lady. ive learned to WALK AWAY or the gloves come off (metaphorically)!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The person I describe is an ESFj-Fe. Do you know your subtype? Are you sure of your type? ESFj-Fe & ESTj-Te seem to have the most problems with their ni polr
    You make a good point that individual differences count alot

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The person I describe is an ESFj-Fe. Do you know your subtype? Are you sure of your type? ESFj-Fe & ESTj-Te seem to have the most problems with their ni polr
    You make a good point that individual differences count alot
    I'm not sure of his subtype at all. If I had to guess, I'd say Fe. But I'm 99% certain of ESFj. Regarding your paragraph, I will say that he does get sorrowful after an argument and very apologetic. But there aren't guilt trips or appeals to authority and people stomping on traditions doesn't seem to get his goat that much. He's pretty level-headed and reasonable. Unless he's in traffic and then it all comes out. lol Okay so he gets angry when traffic lights are too long, or if other drivers are stupid or when the layout of a particular intersection doesn't make sense to him (but my EIE aunt is the same, especially regarding other drivers). He hates the No Turn on Red signs but usually won't turn even if no one's coming, he just sits there and complains about it (unlike my SLE friend who just turns anyway, no sweat). Strikes me as Ej temperament in general I guess.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I'm not sure of his subtype at all. If I had to guess, I'd say Fe. But I'm 99% certain of ESFj. Regarding your paragraph, I will say that he does get sorrowful after an argument and very apologetic. But there aren't guilt trips or appeals to authority and people stomping on traditions doesn't seem to get his goat that much. He's pretty level-headed and reasonable. Unless he's in traffic and then it all comes out. lol Okay so he gets angry when traffic lights are too long, or if other drivers are stupid or when the layout of a particular intersection doesn't make sense to him (but my EIE aunt is the same, especially regarding other drivers). He hates the No Turn on Red signs but usually won't turn even if no one's coming, he just sits there and complains about it (unlike my SLE friend who just turns anyway, no sweat). Strikes me as Ej temperament in general I guess.
    i LOVE driving. the in, out, timing with other cars. i love it. hubby is the one who gets like what you say about your hubby. when he's sitting there complaining about a no turn on red, i say, just fucking go.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I yell random syllables.

I do think the ESFj-Fe & ESTj-Te who I'm using as examples are particularly unhealthy people. Then again, I don't know too many 'real healthy' people.
    Why are we more unhealthy than others? Everyone has a PoLR. You're putting too much value in .

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    The thing about people with PoLRs is that they do not like to be separated from their things and if they do get separated, they freak out. They hate it when their environment changes and tend to move to new environments that they are familiar in. They lack environmental adaptation.
    ...tend to be loners even in groups and tend to only pick a few people to be friends with out of a group even as they are usually infatuated with the whole group.
    Very true! A couple forums I used to frequent changed their setup. I got lost and abandoned them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyway, I had a brown shirt on. Now my mother notices this, and decides I couldn't leave; and she catapults us into an argument, because she thought I would be 'arrested for having a shirt on which resembled a military uniform'.
    That's just stupid. If you base your views of ESFJ's on shit like this, no wonder you'd think they're idiots.
    *Note, I'm not saying your mother is stupid, just that situation being stupid.