Thread: question on Si

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I can reproduce lots of sensations this way, but I prefer not to, because it makes me want to taste it/feel it/hear it/etc again.
    why don't you do it again? You mean you have to actually go out oand see it/taste it/feel it/hear it? hehe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    why don't you do it again? You mean you have to actually go out oand see it/taste it/feel it/hear it? hehe
    Yeah, I'm too lazy to get my ass up and experience all that stuff again. Experiences just seem to happen to me. Me trying to recreate experiences can be catastrophic, like that one time I ended up in a room full of people vomiting and me holding a fucking bowl because I thought I was gonna too for the entire night while I thought my friend was either dying or shitting his pants.

True story!
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's weird, I feel like if you can recreate the sensation you would just do it all day in your head. That's what an intuitive would do?

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Experiences just seem to happen to me.
    *sigh* sounds nice

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I think this has been a good discussion. I never realized that there were people who had this capability, and I've always wondered how there were people who could create fantastic food the way I pick my nose: without a lot of thinking involved. Now I feel like I somewhat understand this ability: if you can preconceive what something is going to taste like, it becomes a lot easier to improvise.

So in a sense Si is very much like Ni: where the latter tries to predict how events are going to unfold, Si can predict what the resulting physical experience will be. I think that's utterly cool!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

I'm the opposite of this, I can't do that. I even eat the same exact food everyday without getting bored, because I forget what food tastes like that quickly. I only have a general idea what it tastes like.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Do you guys see images (like dreams while you're awake) before falling asleep?
    Yeah but more like fleeting videos on top of eachother (sort of). But that sort of can happen whenever I just close my eyes. Not really silly though. They are related to what I'm thinking about.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Now I feel like I somewhat understand this ability: if you can preconceive what something is going to taste like, it becomes a lot easier to improvise.
    hm..that is how I cook. well, have a taste in mind. Then I think oh I want it more sour or tangy or something like that and adjust, and I don't really taste test it often.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    This looks like it has cilantro in it, which I think is the most disgusting ingredient the world.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like it has cilantro in it, which I think is the most disgusting ingredient the world.
    Personally I think ox tongue is grosser, but to each his own
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?? I love cilantro!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    ?? I love cilantro!
    That's what they say about cilantro: you either love it, or you hate it. No in between.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what they say about cilantro: you either love it, or you hate it. No in between.
    right. I've heard that too
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<raises hand>
    Me! I hate cilantro!
    Ironically, cilantro is almost botanically identical to parsley, and I can eat that stuff just by itself. I used to make a salad of parsley, avodaco, red bell pepper and tomato all chopped up together. Yum yum yum.
    But cilantro has this weird aftertaste that makes the inside of my mouth feel funny after swallowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    <raises hand>
    Me! I hate cilantro!
    Ironically, cilantro is almost botanically identical to parsley, and I can eat that stuff just by itself. I used to make a salad of parsley, avodaco, red bell pepper and tomato all chopped up together. Yum yum yum.
    But cilantro has this weird aftertaste that makes the inside of my mouth feel funny after swallowing.
    Whenever I'm at a Thai or Mexican restaurant, I always ask about it. It's not just that I don't like it, it's also that it masks all other flavors. I could eat guacamole or soup with cilantro, and only taste the cilantro. I could just as well just eat cilantro all by itself, it would make no difference,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like cilantro!!

that was really interesting to hear how some of you guys do see movie-like images before falling asleep (or other times during the day), and others don't. I wonder if it's a sensor vs. intuitive thing, or maybe right brained vs. left?

I've heard some people who don't see the little movies instead have a sensation sort of thing where they feel things as if they were sensing it. Can anyone do that?

As for pain, I can remember different types of pain pretty clearly as well, even from childhood. It doesn't bother me though, as I've never been in any really bad pain luckily.

I sometimes wish I didn't have such vivid memories though, because my mind vividly replays entire scenes almost exactly as they happened, with all senses included and sometimes a sound track. This must be why a lot of people I know can just forget someone quickly, while it takes me quite a bit longer.

I've also heard that the mind movie thing can be developed if you think about it a lot, and I've noticed that now, I can see that little movie, even when awake w/ eyes open. It's showing you daytime "dreams" of what your subconscious is thinking. I was telling my dad about this once at lunch, and explained that in the back of my mind (while we were talking), I saw a beach scene with seagulls, who knows why. Then a few minutes later, I noticed I'd glanced at a painting that had a seagull in it. And I was like "duh, that's why I thought of that, my subconscious noticed the painting, even though I hadn't."

The nice thing is, you can then "talk" to your subconscious in real time (instead of having to look at your dreams). And you can ask questions and get an answer (also in the little video thing).

I also find that I wake up with soundtracks playing behind my dreams and if i look up the lyrics they'll clearly have some sort of message about something I've been ignoring.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you look at a chair and know that it would be totally uncomfortable to sit in?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    can you look at a chair and know that it would be totally uncomfortable to sit in?
    Good question: I think I do, but recently sat down in an Ikea chair that looked comfortable and inviting, but immediately felt strained, you had to sit up quite straight. Thus the answer is: no.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12