Yes, I do. I've had this reaffirmed throughout my life by attractive females (the compliments of "handsomeness" from older women were odd at times). Thus I have always had standards which I arrogantly maintained. I think the way one carries one's self is a result of knowing (not thinking) they are attractive. And this certainty of their attractiveness is not merely a concept, but a consistent reflection of themselves in the eyes of others -- specifically the opposite sex. Fuck the people who say beauty is relative, or insist on their attractiveness in the face of external dissonance, based solely on the fact that "they know." While we all find different things attractive to some degree, I believe there is some general, inherent method by which we immediately gauge someone's attractiveness (all that intrinsic harmony of proportions stuff). The way I carry myself is something that matters very much to me, and I do work to improve it, generally. The world is a playground, and you better come prepared. Gain more experience and confidence, so that you can hone your self-image and presentation to the highest degree. I think one should put effort into their appearance, but not force anything; if you're attractive, you just are. But taking care of one's self is part of the overall package. And yes, appearances do matter; I don't care what anyone says. It's the first thing we notice about someone and plays a very large part in our initial assessment of them -- on a more reactive level. Put simply, if most of the people you have hooked up with/been in relationships with are 8-8.5s and up (on a legit scale), chances are you're attractive.