View Poll Results: How hours of sleep do you average, and is it enough?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 to 4, not enough

2 4.08%
  • 5 to 7, not enough

12 24.49%
  • 5 to 7, enough

9 18.37%
  • 8 to 10, enough

16 32.65%
  • 8 to 10, too much

4 8.16%
  • other

6 12.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much sleep do you get?

It's somewhat random, but I try to keep 17+ hours awake, 8 hours sleep rythm.

The problem is that I stare at the monitor all the day, and I get pinkeye, and that makes me sleepy. Or I just stay up too long because I find something too interesting and don't want to go to sleep.

I don't use alarm clock, so I awake whenever, but it's usually after about 8 hours.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um, it varies too much on whether im social or not or how often.......
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Creepy-Diana

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

8 to 9 is enough and I can't change the fuck of it.

my father always made it with 7 h and even less ...and he simply couldn't sleep any longer.

TIM
    ILI-NI / LII-?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chronic insomnia, and had since I was very young. 0-5hrs till my body finally crashes one day out of the blue.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's about 6 to 7 hours on weekdays (mostly 6.5) and 8-10 hours on weekends. I need 7-8 hours of sleep to feel optimum (assuming no sleep debt to catch up on).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 hrs, which is when I wake up with a cold sweat. If I go back I get dumped straight into REM sleep and sleep paralysis.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    Less than I need probably. I have 3 kids under 8. I haven't had a full nights sleep or slept in in quite a while (so excuse me if I ever make a ditzy comment on here, lol). I'm also a very light sleeper. I've always been envious of those who can just fall asleep and sleep through anything, although I'm glad in a way I'm a light sleeper in case anything happens, because I'm always the first to wake up. It takes a long time for me to fall asleep and I just wake up very easily...I get about 6 hrs I think, most of the time. I feel the best when I get at least 8. I live on coffee. I think I just require a lot of sleep to keep me mentally healthy, too. I didn't used to use an alarm clock, as I usually woke up at the same time, but have been having to lately. I will wake up to get my kids ready for school and fall back to sleep. I stay up too late because I need some time to myself to just think in silence and chill, so sometimes I don't go to bed till 1am. My kids are killing me, but god I love them
    I'm a very light sleeper, too. I have to use a sound machine to block out outside noises, otherwise every little thing has me waking up. Sleeping in a new place? Doesn't happen. I also stayed up past everyone so I could get some quiet/alone time. And I'm usually up before the alarm goes off....though not for a few months...I think lack of sufficient sleep has finally taken its toll, allowing me to sleep a little more after the house is empty in the morning.

For the OP, we go to bed at 9ish, but I can't sleep til everyone else is asleep. I don't actually fall asleep until 10-11pm. Then i spend a night of tossing and turning and checking the clock. Between my spine and my carpal tunnel aches, and R's snoring, I'm lucky to get a couple hours deep sleep. Our alarm goes off at 4:30am. Recently I've been so exhausted, particularly after a long night of pain, that I go back to bed between 5:30-7/8. So, 6 hrs of crappy sleep plus sometimes 2 hrs decent sleep. I definitely need 8 hrs good sleep to feel refreshed.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I'm the same. I have to have a fan, humidifier, or air conditioner on to make noise to sleep. I once went on vacation with my in-laws and we shared a room. They were watching tv when I was trying to sleep (and intended to sleep with it on). I started getting really frustrated because I couldn't sleep and didn't want to tell them to turn it off, so I was basically up till they fell asleep and I snuck up and turned it off I don't understand how people can fall asleep with the tv on. I don't think I have ever been able/or have fallen asleep with a tv on. I just can't. I can't take naps during the day, either. It's like the princess and the pea syndrome
    Oy, i know about the tv thing. I dont get it either. Shows have too many auditory changes going on, loud sudden noises, laugh tracks, voice modulations etc etc. Not to mention the effects on the images running through the mind as trying to drift off.

I used to never be able to nap during the day. If the sun was up, I was awake. But as I age I find myself able to take short 10-20 min naps if I'm sick or haven't gotten enough sleep for a few days.

Yes! Princess and the pea.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work rotating shifts and have a sleep disorder, to boot, working sometimes until 1am one day and within that same week, I work again starting at 6:30am. So sometimes, if I'm working an early morning, I get 0-4 hours of sleep tops, but if I'm working an evening or have a day off with no plans, I can sleep up to 12-13 hrs. Ideally, though, I'd get 8-10 hrs.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The poll didn't have the option I wanted. 7-8 hours typically and it's enough.

I'm also a very light sleeper, little outside sounds easily wake me up. I wear earplugs to bed every night.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12