View Poll Results: Would you ever kill anyone?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Why not?

8 25.00%
  • If the feeling struck.

4 12.50%
  • Only for kicks.

2 6.25%
  • Maybe, if I were dared or for a reward of some kind.

2 6.25%
  • Probably not.

11 34.38%
  • Already have.

5 15.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you ever kill someone?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    When you put it like this it confirms one of my most resolute beliefs: People are more stupid than evil.
    haha, maybe. but i wouldn't exactly put it that way. self-preservational instincts and passionate emotions exist for a reason. thank god we're not all robots.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    yeah, well only because they are MORE stupid than evil ;-)
    I see it as something that tells about how little actual evil (whatever that is) is to be found in humankind.
    The implication that people are stupid, however, has no intelligent point of reference.

Stupid compared to what?
    You and your friends?
    Animals?
    Extraterrestrials?
    In comparison of how intelligent they should be?

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    haha, maybe. but i wouldn't exactly put it that way. self-preservational instincts and passionate emotions exist for a reason. thank god we're not all robots.
    That belief just makes me grateful that people are far from inherently evil, unlike some religions try to teach us.

PS: If you would be a robot, you wouldn't feel ungrateful about that fact.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiment_van_Milgram
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanfor...enisexperiment

Evil is banal.

As for the point of reference about stupid people: it refers ofc to the "human" described in any and all books on subscriptive morality, economic rationality and social interaction.

Humans are stupid as a whole, one might be more stupid than another, but in the end, the most intelligent person on earth is still an idiot

Humans are stupid, but some humans are more stupid than others. (second use of this animal farm reference today, but it's such a fun one!)

Edit: Yeah, the answer would be your last one; compared to how smart we think we should be!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    Circumstances?
    N/A.

Haha.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    N/A.

Haha.
    Hmmm, I'm thinking some kind of soldier. I don't get a hitman vibe from you. You don't feel like the police either, so I go with soldier.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have thought it over, probably thousands of times... Could I kill...I remember when I was 19, trippin' on angel dust, thinking about what it would feel like to kill a random man. I don't know why but I did and I indulged the fantasy for about five minutes until I got sick to my stomach.

The closest I have come... I was in a rage and my bf tried to stop me from leaving in the car (I had taken about 10 xanax). <-- makes me mean.

He stood in front of the car and I hit the gas but right before I hit him (hard, I just bumped him) I slammed on the brakes and then I broke down. One of my lowest moments. I don't think I could live with myself if I intentionally killed anyone. I know with certainty that I would put myself in front of anyone trying to hurt someone I love, because I have.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have thought it over, probably thousands of times... Could I kill...I remember when I was 19, trippin' on angel dust, thinking about what it would feel like to kill a random man. I don't know why but I did and I indulged the fantasy for about five minutes until I got sick to my stomach.

The closest I have come... I was in a rage and my bf tried to stop me from leaving in the car (I had taken about 10 xanax). <-- makes me mean.

He stood in front of the car and I hit the gas but right before I hit him (hard, I just bumped him) I slammed on the brakes and then I broke down. One of my lowest moments. I don't think I could live with myself if I intentionally killed anyone. I know with certainty that I would put myself in front of anyone trying to hurt someone I love, because I have.
    Fuck, you never get tired imitatin' Allie...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Since I have never seen Allie in action. I have no idea what you are talking about.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a parasite.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aylen + crazie rat. Mmmmmm, brings back memories. I'm still thinking about the best way of getting in between the two of you, like in a sandwich...

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's not imitating Allie, Allie hates me, Aylen is my frieeeend

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Aylen + crazie rat. Mmmmmm, brings back memories. I'm still thinking about the best way of getting in between the two of you, like in a sandwich...
    pervert!

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks. I'm going to use everything to my disposal in order to feed crazie rat with appropriate info and join you two at the dinner table.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pervert!

ahaaha
    yeah..... you can count me out of that.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ahaha.

I heard you liek cruelty, crazie rat and primal screams.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will you just fuck off of me?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love my self and I want to live...............

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Thanks. I'm going to use everything to my disposal in order to feed crazie rat with appropriate info and join you two at the dinner table.
    With all due respect... I don't know if anyone on this site is psychologically prepared to join "our", metaphorical dinner table.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my self and I want to live...............

Why are you even focusing on me? Go after Aylen. If she wants you she'll respond. There's nothing I can do to control her. And I'm not getting into a fucking sandwich, so fuck off.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As long you're eligible organ donor, Aylen, I don't mind. Don't know about crazie rat, though. Where I come from, people swallow coat hangers to get out of prison, not shrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    Why are you even focusing on me? Go after Aylen. If she wants you she'll respond. There's nothing I can do to control her. And I'm not getting into a fucking sandwich, so fuck off.
    Okay, I won't throw a temper tantrum.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aylen, can you masturbate absurd so I don't have to deal with this?

God it's like I can't have a fucking friendship with Aylen without people hounding the shit out of me.
    We're not even together dude.
    Me and her are nothing.
    You can fuck her. GO ahead and try

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Omg, omg. Stop harassing and stalking me. Racism!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this was a good thread i miss absurd being banned.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg, omg. Stop harassing and stalking me. Racism!
    You're like a little child that just keeps chiming and chiming at me. Fuck

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Aylen, can you masturbate absurd so I don't have to deal with this?

God it's like I can't have a fucking friendship with Aylen without people hounding the shit out of me.
    We're not even together dude.
    Me and her are nothing.
    You can fuck her. GO ahead and try
    NOT!

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're like a little child that just keeps chiming and chiming at me. Fuck
    Ahh, so after throwing a fit you keep responding. Don't know who is the child around here, but after consulting my vedic horoscope, I think I begin to see things according to the prophecy now.

And I don't care whether you're together or not, I don't even care whether you're alive or not. Thing is, I head a lot about this karma from your behind, and guess what I am like a boomerang.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT!
    yeah... I know.
    Alright. Time to go do something productive. Goodbye Absurd

But if you ever want, by all means feel free.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Goodbye Absurd
    Good bye. Sweet dreams are made of Absurd.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Me and her are nothing.
    Opportunity presents itself so I jump...thank you.

The Nothing That Is Everything

What, then is the "mystical experience"? All religions, despite their external differences, share a common core of truth, an esoteric theme that runs beneath them all like an underground river. The essence of that common truth can be summarized in the Hindu expression tat tvam asi, "Thou art that." Mystics of all traditions perceive God, or Brahman, or Buddha-Mind as an underlying Ground of Being out of which springs the reality we perceive. Within each of us lies a spark of that divinity; the "kingdom within" of Christianity, the "Atman" of Hinduism or Buddha-nature. Ultimately, upon achieving enlightenment, the mystic realizes that her inner self, her Atman, is exactly the same as the outer Ground, or Brahman. Atman and Brahman are one -- "thou art that."
    How does one come to this mystic awareness, this enlightenment experience? It is here we begin to describe the process which later we will capture in a mathematical equation. However, we must first understand that the mystical tradition defines God, or the Ground of Being, in terms far different than traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs. The God of the mystics lies beyond rational definition. As Lao Tzu states in the Tao Te Ching, "The Tao which can be named is not the eternal Tao." In Eastern traditions particularly, this mystic Ground is often described by terms such as "the void", "emptiness", or "nothingness". And for the mystic to achieve union with this Ground, he too must become nothing.
    The mystic injunction could be summarized as: "Free yourself of everything." You must let go of your ego, of desire, of thought, of all sense of an individual self. If you can do this -- if you can truly become nothing -- then an amazing thing happens. You suddenly, in that moment of enlightenment, realize that you are everything! This experience is proven time and again in the writings of the great mystics, who talk of their union with all of life, of becoming one with the entire universe.
    So, then, to simplify, the mystic formula appears to be: become nothing and you will become everything. It sounds contradictory and paradoxical. If we put this formula into an equation, it looks even more ludicrous. The mystics seem to be saying that if you can become nothing, or zero, you will also realize that you are everything, or infinity. So, the equation would read:
    Yet, how can nothing be the same as everything? Yet, we will see there are a number of proofs of this hypothesis to be found in mathematics, cosmology, physics and finally, spirituality. Hopefully, this exploration will give you a better understanding of the mystical experience, and point you in the right direction for your own spiritual practice.
    http://www.bpramana.org/scientific-s...ality/math.htm

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I live a secret life.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's done in self defense or of loved ones against a clear immediate threat, sure. The majority of 'murders' are not well justified.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most murders are done out of cowardice, IMO. Cowardice (and incapacity) to find a better/real/actual solution to a problem.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I'm such an idiot.
    You're right K4m. You are. @Kill4Me
    I'm just blind to this kind of shit. I don't see it. While it's blatantly obvious to everyone else.
    COnclusion.... fuck it.
    Last edited by rat1; 02-22-2014 at 04:13 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

meh, on second thought, I don't know if I am even psychologically prepared to sit at this metaphorical table.

YWIMW

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

meh, on second thought, I don't know if I am even psychologically prepared to sit at this metaphorical table.
    you shouldn't prepare yourself, otherwise you won't feel it fully.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    you shouldn't prepare yourself, otherwise you won't feel it fully.
    Yeah, I get what your saying. But sometimes it feels just like this.

YWIMW

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get what your saying. But sometimes it feels just like this.

i dunno, killing reminds me more of

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Not thousands of times... but I have thought about it... I tried asking other people how it'd feel too. I found that people didn't take it the right way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast