Thread: ISTp-ENFp conversation last night

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think this is useful for ENFp's also because it helps their weak T with concise information from someone strong in Te. And vica versa for the Strong Te person to exercise their Te and also hear some new possibilities from an Ne perspective.
    I'm sorry but I notice a slight asymmetry here. Te is a judging function, while Ne is a perception one. According to socionics theory, they do not complement each other.

So you're undervaluing Si and Fi for some reason. Maybe it is because those two functions serve the purpose to unify ideas in a holistic way. Everything is connected, if you think about it. But it is of little practical purpose to have such wide notions. It is more convenient, from a pragmatic point of view, to link things according to more specific rules; and it is exactly what Ne and Te do.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ UPD & Elro... The towers were 100+ floors. If you take a chunk out of the lower floors... I don't think 'gradual' failure would even be possible. If just one floor gave way, you'd have the weight of 80 floors (or whatever) coming down immediately... Uhhh.. don't think anything you could build, within reason, could resist that for anything longer than a few seconds.
    IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    @ UPD & Elro... The towers were 100+ floors. If you take a chunk out of the lower floors... I don't think 'gradual' failure would even be possible. If just one floor gave way, you'd have the weight of 80 floors (or whatever) coming down immediately... Uhhh.. don't think anything you could build, within reason, could resist that for anything longer than a few seconds.
    They didn't hit the lower floors.
    Even when the building started collapsing, it didn't teeter off, it just went straight down. That is, why would the structure underneath the plane all of a sudden collapse at once?

The way the antenna or tall part of that one building just dropped STRAIGHT down seemed strange, too.

However, seeing your post made me think of this:

If there were "explosives" in the building on each floor, would they be able to be remotely detonated, or, would the huge explosion of the plane set all of them off at once?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even when the building started collapsing, it didn't teeter off, it just went straight down. That is, why would the structure underneath the plane all of a sudden collapse at once?

The way the antenna or tall part of that one building just dropped STRAIGHT down seemed strange, too.
    That's what I was talking about when they did the interview with the design engineer - they designed it to collapse without teetering if a structural failure occured. But like I said, I'm not an engineer myself, and it's been 7 years since I read that interview.

Here ya' go: http://www.architectureweek.com/2002/0515/news_1-1.html

That's a good short explanation.
    IEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12