TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    "Strong" in what way?

she probably meant stubborn. She would agree with "if you don't bend, you will break". Her boss used to tell her that i looked intimidating/scary. She is probably ExFp.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 11-03-2008 at 02:21 AM. Reason: more

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    she probably meant stubborn. She would agree with "if you don't bend, you will break".
    Yeah, I get that one too.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Yeah, I get that one too.
    i'd just be sitting on the other side of the room and my sis' friends were afraid of me. i didn't even know it. she told me later after we were grown up.

i was also the bodyguard to the girls in grade school, the girly girls that the boys wanted to pull their skirts up. i didn't wear skirts.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i was also the bodyguard to the girls in grade school, the girly girls that the boys wanted to pull their skirts up. i didn't wear skirts.
    I was the bodyguard to the guys who were quiet and minded their own business but got bullied by others.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I was the bodyguard to the guys who were quiet and minded their own business but got bullied by others.
    my husband never got bullied because he was sooooo tall. that alone scared off any offenders. that and he has this look on his face when he's not smiling that looks like a serial killer.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my husband never got bullied because he was sooooo tall. that alone scared off any offenders. that and he has this look on his face when he's not smiling that looks like a serial killer.
    LOL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mil described my hubby as smart but didnt do anything with it, what SHE wanted him to do with it. sensitive, not living up to his potential...she wanted him to do "great" things, but he is a simple man with simple pleasures that she saw as "beneath" her.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mil described my hubby as smart but didnt do anything with it, what SHE wanted him to do with it. sensitive, not living up to his potential...she wanted him to do "great" things, but he is a simple man with simple pleasures that she saw as "beneath" her.
    Hmm, sounds a lot like me.

As a matter of fact, it sounds like something my mother would say (about me).

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

antisocial, smart, messy - don't care about my appearance, lazy
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mother once called me an SOB
    Last edited by UDP; 11-10-2008 at 02:44 AM.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    My mom says I'm "mysterious" because I don't always tell her everything that is up in my life. She also thinks we're a lot alike, which IMO is laughable. She says I'm very independent, which is also laughable. Moms are not likely to be unbiased sources of information.

Anyway, she's LIE.
    Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    antisocial, smart, messy - don't care about my appearance, lazy
    I hope she means asocial?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

my mum is EIE.She either bombs me with compliments thinking they might boost my self-confidence in order to get a life or picks up fights and calls me names when she sees that i don't put any effort towards it. She is a very ambitious person ,constantly seeing endless future possibilities and gets frustrated with intertia of any kind. She wants to be the best in anything she does and succeeds it. In addition ,she believes that the reason i don't try is that I compare myself to her and feel inadequate which is so *not* true.I definitely have mommy issues but it's nothing like that.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 07-05-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: uhm yeah she's probably EIE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Positives:

Intelligent, loves learning
    Independent, doesn't need to be with others to be happy, can easily keep self occupied
    Strong sense of fairness
    Comes up with good ideas
    Compassionate
    Reliable
    Trustworthy
    Logical
    Good sense of humor
    Stubborn (I don't think I'm that stubborn but mom thinks I am. I suppose it depends on what it is. In some situations I can be quite stubborn but there are plenty situations where its the opposite and I feel like I give in too easily)
    Neat
    Organized
    Hardworking and can work for long hours on something and not get tired of it, especially when its of real interest and/or importance to me.

Negatives:

Too hard on myself
    Worries too much
    Overly sensitive
    Impatient
    Doesn't adapt well to change (Depends. I adapt well if I know in advance and if I'm the one initiating the change. It's true though I generally don't like surprises or sudden changes)
    Obsessive (once I get into something its hard to pull me away from it!)
    Doesn't always take care of myself physically like I should

NOTE: The traits in red, are largely why I've periodically considered EII as a possibility.
    Last edited by The Exception; 07-02-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-male

Grandma offered up "enchanting", however, Mum knocked that back with "But perhaps somewhat less enchanting for me. Captivating, how's that?"

"You have a very energetic mind... sometimes . Eclectic, eccentric. I could be like a film critic and say "resonates". Mercurial. Imaginative. Inattentive sometimes [Gul's note: I spilled some tea while writing this, lol]. Funny, witty, good sense of humour. (Grandma forwards "Entertaining")." - mum

"Profound thought patterns. The Hennings made eccentricity an art form, but this was the Edwardian era when eccentricity was vogue." - grandma
    Last edited by male; 07-03-2010 at 12:55 AM.