Thread: Your mum's description of you

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your mum's description of you ...

How does your mother describe your personality? :-P

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My mom's perception of me is somebody that needs to work harder and put more effort into things. She says I don't 'show my strength' enough. I'd rather be passive and have other people take care of me though. I view independence as vastly overrated. It only makes me feel good if people are praising me for being independent, not for the sake of independency itself. That's just not how I get my sense of self-confidence. I have had the opposite of Diana's problems. They wanted me to ignore my deep, emo feelings and 'just do it anyway.' But I'd get frustrated with them because that's just not how I operate. I had to do things more gentle than most people, and also check out a lot of stuff first before acting, even simple things. I also liked a lot of guidance and input before making decisions. This is a natural trait, but yeah sometimes it can get too out of hand.

They would push me too hard, and I'd fail. I'd constantly tell them how I needed more time, but they insisted I was too whiny, or that I just wasn't 'believing in myself' enough, or not being brave enough. But it had nothing whatsoever to do with those things. I tried to tell them that but they just would not get it. They thought I had low self-esteem but that wasn't quite right either. Then I finally realized nobody was a mind reader and can only really judge you based on external behaviors. So I did it any way just to get other people to like me and get off my back a little, but still for myself it didn't do anything and probably never will. I took a lot of activities once in high school and I was extremely respected and well-liked, but then again I also had trouble sleeping and such and had no sense of balance.

I love talking about sex and intimacy, they don't. I get their point, but I find them waaaay too uptight and conservative/neurotic. I'm basically much more liberal than they are. I just got in a huge fight with mom because she thinks it's inappropriate for my niece to walk around naked. I was outraged at this, and I considered that being a pervert for sexualizing children. They don't seem to know how to separate nudity from sex. They just seem way too tense and not in touch with their erotic bodies enough. But me, I've always kinda just been the withdrawn weird sexual one. =D They don't like it that I'm so laid back, so I get teased a lot to shock me up. Sometimes I'll take the bait and sometimes I won't.

They're typical white folk that have no sense of rhythm though. I tried to learn music and stuff to counter this, but I wasn't supported so I quit because it was hard for me to do something for myself if somebody wasn't giving me 'attaboys.' But as I'm getting older and studying enneagram, I realize that my growth process is simply trusting my own gut.

They seemed scared of sex. I was always curious about it. I got told I overstepped my boundaries a lot. Like 'that's none of your business Sam.' That may or may not be true, but to me people only do bad stuff sexually out of repression, not expression. Plus when I described some things I saw they never believed me. Also we are sheltered in different ways and scared of too many different things to get along. But they did the best job they knew how. I still consider 'family' as somebody you choose, not blood though.

That's interesting Diana. I'm such a type B personality though. I like as little effort as possible, don't like challenging myself, and it was hard for me to succeed in even the bare minimum stuff. I wasn't that social growing up either though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hmm. Responsible, humorless (she used to anyway, I think maybe she's finally realizing I do have a sense of humor, it's just not the same as hers, ha), conscientious, logical, honest, tense, competitive, too independent, strong, won't ask for or accept help enough, not open enough, stubborn, not quick enough to forgive.

Basically someone who does everything for herself and succeeds, but should ask for more help, and be more open and vulnerable, and not so stiff, and stop keeping people at arm's length.

She's also said that I'm wonderful and amazing, and a hero to her, and has handled things in my life better than she would have been able to (I don't think this is true, she's pretty incredible herself), very tough, a good mom, and she's proud of me.
    do we have the same mom and or are we the same person???? lol the only thing she would add is too impulsive and bit too much about the "meaning" of everything. everything else you said including how she says i'm wonderful, a hero to her NOW and wishes she did things the way i am doing with my kids...i couldn't have written a better list for what my mom would say about me.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your mums' types? ... the four of you

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She says I'm funny.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    She says I'm funny.
    aww :-P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What are your mums' types? ... the four of you
    i'm not sure of mine because i'm unsure of my own (we are a lot alike but i've done some growing in my life that she hasn't)....but, i'd have to say possibly gamma. she's kinda a mixture of the gammas here...joy, discojoe, diana, khamelion, put them all together and that's my mom. she definitely values Se, Te and Fi. she's kind of oblivious to Ni though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother thinks I'm a "ball-buster." She thinks other things, too, but I can't say I disagree with that one.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stubborn, logical, disorganized, able to lead, administrative

I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm some sort of MBTI INTP or ENTP or something. I don't think she sees me as an F type.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very bright, capable of rising high in an organization, able to be liked by everyone which she associates with my being easy going and always having my heart in the right place as she sees it, great listener, quietly funny, very tolerant and understanding of others, capable of seeing what's going on beyond the obvious, knowledgeable about all sorts of things, a good person to come to for advice.

It's a pretty glowing description and I'm not sure if she doesn't see my flaws or simply doesn't tell me what she thinks. However, she isn't really one to not bring up something she sees that gets on her nerves. Her estimation of me is probably overly positive. My lack of motivation or initiative might bother her slightly at times. In general though, the things about me that I tend to obsess and see as my most significant weaknesses she disregards as being pretty much unimportant.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The usual shit mom's say. Needs more cowbell though.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom says I'm "mysterious" because I don't always tell her everything that is up in my life. She also thinks we're a lot alike, which IMO is laughable. She says I'm very independent, which is also laughable. Moms are not likely to be unbiased sources of information.

Anyway, she's LIE.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She says I'm dramatic. The thing is, I was only like that as a teenager and only with her. I figured out that it was the only way to get what I wanted. Apparently I overdid it a bit though because that's still a word that she uses to describe me. She also uses the words "rebellious" and domineering to describe me on occasion.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother's thorough and thoughtful description of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by ISTp
    You're smart.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    My mother's thorough and thoughtful description of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by ISTp
    You're smart.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She seems to think that I'm strong and capable now thanks to her own great genetics, but it wasn't always (actually still isn't usually probably) positive. Traumatic to think about.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She sympathizes a lot with my relationship to the world around me. We both hate having to give feedback or some opinionated emotional response in conversations and just generally dislike being forced to offer input into things we really just feel neutral towards. But she can be pushy and stuff; she wants me to be more organized and proactive in my endeavors. She's always criticizing that side of my personality, but she 100% understands everything else. She says I can come off as really cold and uncaring sometimes, but still sees me as a sensitive, creative type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

well, the most common thing she has described me as is creative.. then there's that im too reactive

she doesnt know me very well so probably not alot

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"information sponge", "cerebral"

Those are some of the positive ones

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom is ESE. She gets annoyed when I don't help her with stuff or don't dress well. I hear her tell others that I'm selfless more than my sibilings. She also see me as a friendly person who likes to befriend different people. She thinks that I worry a lot about trifles and overthink. She tells me you seem colder than me but you're more sensitive. She also sees me as kind of detached because I don't care about almost everything she cares about.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My mom would always say, 😂

"Hard headed. Stubborn... Never listen.. Always gives me headache.."
    Because my mother and i are kinda opposite i guess 😂

Like we can talk for like probably 5 minutes.. But after that, we will fight because our opinions never match..

So i make sure to not talk with her after 5 minutes..

He's seem like EII to me, but probably the unhealthy kind because we don't really get along very well..

I mean, we can get along, but our opinions just conflict with each other..

And she always projects..

She's narcissistic. 😑

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So back in the days... My mum wrote about my childhood (she has not been around any longer after that time period):

Huge interest to research stuff (information, objects) and mechanics of them etc. I soon figured how to use them and fix them
    Science and math were the most interesting
    I liked to listen stories. (Probably made a lot of stories myself)
    Bit prone making arguments not from this world
    Sometimes moody
    Gentle
    Apparently bit manipulative side where goals were not that usual
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother was always enthralled by my ability to organize, clean, change my habits, change my lifestyle, speak my mind, stand up for myself. She was an EII and had a very difficult time parting with useless objects, planning things, getting motivated, finishing projects. She always called me "common sense girl" or "no non-sense". Other words she used was practical, resourceful, and earthy. She used to pay me to organize her things and they would be messy again right away lol. She would say "Wow! I can't believe how good you are at organizing!"
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default One of her recent unintentional compliments

"The man who can handle you has yet to be born"

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My mom is a LSE-Si 1w2 I think. We are very different in our outlook and habits yet never get into any real serious agruments. She's all into the Jehovah's Witnesses and I just try to ignore that the best I can these days. Sometimes she says I need to be more responsible when it comes to life related things (maintaining the house, car, etc) but she doesn't seem to get that I mobilize best once the pressure really gets going, which never happens as she always ends doing those things for me without me even asking. She describes as someone who only cares about himself, which doesn't bother me as I also see myself that why and I just take it as sort of a joke. She also says I look like a brusier when I'm with her in public sometimes, probably because of the pissed off look I get when I hear her talking about her religious nonsense.
    Last edited by Muddy; 04-24-2018 at 04:50 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Muddy. yes, I can see why someone would think you look like a bruiser
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My mom is SEE

She would probably describe me as thoughtless but generous, argumentative, principled, critical, witty, political, etc. Maybe I should ask her to make her own list lol. But these are the things I usually hear from her. I'm not sure if this is my true nature and she just brings it out more than anyone else, or there is something about my mom that makes me act that way because she is so...SEE and I always want to correct her.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

and brooding and dwelling

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother tends to be vocal about her perception of me, so i have gained a lot by simply listening to her on that end.

I just asked her for 10 words to describe me, and she told me i'm 'subtle, philosophical, lazy, messy, nice hair, morally aware, likes vegetables, likes animals, cunning, cryptic'
    I think she is LII, btw

Now if you can't type me based on these very concrete descriptors...