Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me the thing that constantly validates the theory's "realness" is the intertype relations. A lot of the stuff about functions etc might be wrong but it's pretty cool when you have two people that you've met but they've never met each other, and the moment they meet their behaviour plays out according to formula. It makes you want to grab ahold of them and tell them what's happening, but of course it wouldn't work. In a sense it's like you've gotten (at least some) access to a hidden layer of reality whereas most people just go on like sleepwalkers never suspecting anything...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by kopernikus
    To me the thing that constantly validates the theory's "realness" is the intertype relations. A lot of the stuff about functions etc might be wrong but it's pretty cool when you have two people that you've met but they've never met each other, and the moment they meet their behaviour plays out according to formula. It makes you want to grab ahold of them and tell them what's happening, but of course it wouldn't work. In a sense it's like you've gotten (at least some) access to a hidden layer of reality whereas most people just go on like sleepwalkers never suspecting anything...
    ! Totally

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    *boggle*
    What's so hard to understand? It's comparable to a childhood ambition that is actually realized.

Because this is no way to fill said desire. Go and and play in the world. Interact with it. Dont stop and analyze. The majority would not want to be near someone as dry as toast in order to live, love and let live. One must be part of the give and take that is life if one wants to actually be a part of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it is only my job. You don't think I actually LIVE by Socionics, do you?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-pokeball

I hope to life not.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    *boggle*
    What's so hard to understand? It's comparable to a childhood ambition that is actually realized.

Because this is no way to fill said desire. Go and and play in the world. Interact with it. Dont stop and analyze. The majority would not want to be near someone as dry as toast in order to live, love and let live. One must be part of the give and take that is life if one wants to actually be a part of it.
    For INTPs, "stopping and analyzing" = being part of the give and take that is life. Isn't stopping and analyzing what comes naturally to INTPs? You could just as well tell an ISFJ to stop tidying up... Or am I getting things wrong?

Creepy-pokeball

If type was a valid excuse for not being a part of society or even biological life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12