Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficulty understanding Quasi-Identical in writing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    When I'm reading you're likely to have to say something 4 or 5 times before I realize that you're speaking. Same when I'm deep in thought. The words going through my head are louder than the ones outside.

I can though read while walking, and cross streets and such without being in any danger. (I do stop and look, and don't read while actually crossing a street). I used to do that all the time as a kid, and even once or twice read while driving (I don't recommend this). Nowadays, there are audiobooks <3 and so I can have a story going on in my head while doing lots of other things.

Anyway, I don't think it has to do with Ni or Si or anything really.
    I have no idea what it has to do with Si v Ni, either, except that to me, Si (and Ne) types seem to make better multi-taskers due to less immersion. But I think what you're saying is really interesting for Se v Ni and that it's a difference that looks like a similarity. (Although the 'I like to read/hear stories' thing is pretty un-related to anything and more of a personal preference.) Ok, what I mean is, when my dad (LSI) and I are working next to each other, superficially, we 'look' alike: very deeply involved in whatever we're doing. However, even though from the outside it looks the same, what's happening cognitively is very different.

He is 'concentrating' in that he is choosing to block out everything except what he is focusing on. I, on the other hand, am not choosing to block things out through my sheer powers of concentration, I simply lose awareness. It's like this: I've noticed with Se-creatives, you can walk up to them and talk at them and they simply won't hear what you're saying because they're focused, but they're also not easily startled. You talk at them and they just say 'hmm', blocking you out, and then when they're done, they turn and say: 'you were talking to me?' For me, that could never happen. I cannot chose what I am aware of or unaware of. Between noticing you and not noticing you, there will actually be a 'disconnect' -- so when someone comes up to me and starts talking at me, between me noticing and not noticing is actually a moment of 'omg, why are you next to me?!' (Er, my jumpiness in this respect probably has something to do with Si PoLR and my 'acting out my shock' probably has something to do with Fe-leading and performing my reaction for others, but I think the point still stands.) When you're talking about reading a book whilst walking, or listening to an audiobook, you're still talking about something which is sensorily present which you are focusing upon, the very opposite of being an Ni space-cadet.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

I compared some pictures of me and my brother, he's ENTp. My brothers eyes look hazy, like his in a fog or something, while I look like I'm staring in the distance, even when there's no distance to look at.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you saying ENTp is your quasi? It's INTj.

Creepy-Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    are you saying ENTp is your quasi? It's INTj.
    Who me? No I was talking about the difference between Ne- and Ni-looks in eyes but this might have been a wrong thread, where I was supposed to talk about it. (I don't bother the read again messages again to be sure)
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-

I haven't read through this whole thread, but it seems like a fairly appropriate place to vent....

I just got home from my weekly "Family Day" dinner at my parents' house... my dad is an ISTj, and it is exhausting - E X H A U S T I N G - dealing w him. Even though he generally has the best intentions, he just does things in a way that, to me, seem so inefficient and unproductive, and fwiw he seems to feel the same way about me as well.

As far as communication w him goes, it can be a bit of a tedious chore. He goes on and on explaining things - I GOT IT THE FIRST TIME, or I didn't but don't care to. And if you're not smiling and bubbly [which, you might guess, I generally am not, especially w him] he gets all paranoid that you're mad at him, and then comes the self-pity party. So I would say that yes, it is a struggle to communicate w him - both figuring out his "message" and presenting my own words in a way that will make sense to him. Gah - He is just so tiring; he wears me down, just by being himself. In some ways he seems so transparent [he is easily fooled, for example, by any display of Fe - intelligent as he is with technical matters, I have seen him be blindly manipulated by Fe]. At the same time, he is something of an enigma, but one that I just don't have the energy or the inclination to unravel. Bless his heart.*

*For those of you not from the South in the USA, saying "bless his/her heart" excuses any unkind things you've just said about someone

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its strange.. i guess i dont know many INTps in real life.. only one or two who I think are strong Te subs and like me.

Creepy-

Awesome signature quote, Ms. K

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    It's said that Quasis have a very hard time naturally understanding each other. Is it normal for most any type to have to re-read what their Quasi has written and is it usually an unpleasant process in reading and examining their writings?

I honestly cannot stand to read works written by LIIs. I can barely understand it and I want to fall asleep. I don't know if it's just an intertype relation thing or if it's just that they write in a way that is so difficult to maintain focus on what is being said. I doubt this is a beneficiary thing more so than being related to QIs.

Do other types find they have to strain to understand their Quasi Identical or just find what they say to be mind-numbing?
    Don't know about writing style, probably more likely to disagree, but for instance a real life example..

I've heard a few ISFp's saying the ISFj's are rude, and the ISFj's saying the ISFp's don't work hard enough.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Yes, I relate to this, most definitely with IEEs and EIIs as well in fact. It's that glazed eye feeling when you're skimming over their words -- everything they write seems to be incredibly drawn out and unnecessary, imo. It's just like a jumble of boring words that doesn't get anywhere.
    That's exactly how I feel reading my (work) supervisor's e-mails and facebook posts. I considered him to be my beneficiary before but this descriptions fits my interactions with him much better.

Is it common to mistake a quasi-identical for a beneficiary?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12