TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEIs-ISFps, come hither - part 2

Don't worry - different topic - no rabblerousing with this one. :-p

Just wanted to know ... how would you describe your Si? In terms of your default mode of operating, just going about your day-to-day life .... Does your awareness of things around you ever get on your nerves? I mean do you ever wish you could turn that awareness off so you can better focus on feelings/ thoughts? What sort of things (in a generic sense) run through your mind when you're walking down the street, just looking at things around you?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - how much do you relate to this excerpt (from Rick's Fe description)?
    ... said to be highly aware of (have control over) their external self-expression. They are able to consciously stick out in the way they say things or express their internal state and feel confident drawing attention to their extraverted ethics, whether or not it matches the sentiments of the group at the moment. They are comfortable being more animated than others in a situation or displaying emotions that don't fit in with those of other people. They use their own expressiveness to guide other people's internal experiences and help them experience a wider range of passions and more intense feelings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...subscribed
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Also - how much do you relate to this excerpt (from Rick's Fe description)?

... said to be highly aware of (have control over) their external self-expression. They are able to consciously stick out in the way they say things or express their internal state and feel confident drawing attention to their extraverted ethics, whether or not it matches the sentiments of the group at the moment. They are comfortable being more animated than others in a situation or displaying emotions that don't fit in with those of other people. They use their own expressiveness to guide other people's internal experiences and help them experience a wider range of passions and more intense feelings.
    well of course I'm not SEI but I was pretty close with an SEI and I can tell you that he has an entire vocabulary of non-verbal communication that he quite consciously uses to communicate on a regular basis. He uses subtle facial expressions and even body positioning in lieu of words, to help others know where the relationship stands and to create the emotional atmosphere.

In thinking about it, I get tired of this after awhile. It's so... calculating or something. Precise. Now maybe I do the same thing, I don't know. But I don't think I do it so consciously. More and more I'm wondering if I don't prefer thinking types. *sigh* I spent some time around an ESFp this weekend and it was fun but, tiring. I like steady emotions around me so that *I* can be the one to get all riled up about stuff. I don't want to have to ride the emotions of others.

okay, sorry to derail this thread. I'm done.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    well of course I'm not SEI but I was pretty close with an SEI and I can tell you that he has an entire vocabulary of non-verbal communication that he quite consciously uses to communicate on a regular basis. He uses subtle facial expressions and even body positioning in lieu of words, to help others know where the relationship stands and to create the emotional atmosphere.

In thinking about it, I get tired of this after awhile. It's so... calculating or something. Precise.
    The facial expressions etc are calculating? Or you mean just the manipulation of the atmosphere in general?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    The facial expressions etc are calculating? Or you mean just the manipulation of the atmosphere in general?
    I mean the manipulation of the atmosphere in general. He intends for the emotional atmosphere he's creating to communicate something.

errr, maybe it's just this specific situation. but in any case, I do think SEIs are good at doing that, if they choose to.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I mean the manipulation of the atmosphere in general. He intends for the emotional atmosphere he's creating to communicate something.

errr, maybe it's just this specific situation. but in any case, I do think SEIs are good at doing that, if they choose to.
    Would you mind giving an example of the type of emotional atmosphere he might create? I'm not sure what you mean by the atmosphere communicating something that (assumedly) his words/gestures don't.