Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answers:

1. It is far better to be on your own than with someone just for the sake of not being alone. That applies to friendships as wells as relationships. I like solitude... I prefer it to living with someone. "Hell is other people"--however, from a distance, they're fine.

2. Usually I prefer to wait until I'm sure of my stance... However, there have been exceptions, e.g. my Socionics type, which for so long I thought was something other.

3. I am naturally sceptical of second-hand information and whenever possible prefer to trust my own experience to reach a conclusion about something. depends on the credibility of the source... mass credibility, and whether I find the source personally credible, e.g. just b/c it's in the Time doesn't mean I believe it... I want to know the author's history... I trust my own opinions and instincts above others about things with which I'm very familiar.

4. It depends on the subject... If I wanna learn about someone's culture, for example, I will ask someone who is familiar with the history of that culture... If I want to learn about the revolutionary war--there are books written by ppl who have steeped themselves in it... If I want to learn about a band, I will go to their concert... If I want to learn about a place, I will go there and get 'the feel' of it, you know?

5. Yes... I'm aware of how I come across.

6. On the contrary, I am far more likely, on such occasions, to act impulsively and to later regret my decisions taken so rashly. This has happened so many times, I am ashamed to admit it... It's ruined relationships... It's emotions boiling over in a moment--and saying things that can't be unsaid. It's bridges burning... And I miss so many ppl b/c the stupid shit I've said.

7. I worry far more about appearing stupid and/or ignorant among others than I worry about being awkward when dealing with people. See "Harvard" comment.

8. On the contrary, I usually tend to think I am already doing, or have already done, enough anyway – unless it is something that depends on a very specific standard that has to be met, in which case I meet it. In everything except my main interests, I'm content with handing-in something less-than-perfect... In some cases, even less-than-good... And I rarely second-guess myself in this regard.

9. I respect, even admire, people who don’t back off from confrontations, even physical ones, and who take physical risks (not necessarily at the level of some Jackass stunts, but I think you get the idea). "You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I/won't back down..." -Tom Petty... When I know I'm right, I will not back down, and I respect those who are similar.

10. I enjoy poetry and often wish I could write it myself. I cannot stress this enough: poets are my heroes--Verlaine; Rimbaud; Hugo; even Ashbury... These are the ppl who create meaning in the world--for me, anyway.... I write it myself... I read it (almost) everyday.

What does this say to you, Expat, if anything--these answers?
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-30-2008 at 11:37 PM.