Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
1)
It is far better to be on your own than with someone just for the sake of not being alone. That applies to friendships as wells as relationships.

or

On the contrary, very often I need to be with someone as loneliness is unbearable. On such occasions, I can’t be too picky about who the “someone” is.
The first option.

2)
To proclaim my understanding and competence on a subject, and then change my mind on it because my understanding was shown to be incorrect, it’s embarrassing for me, especially in public, as I fear it makes me look stupid. I prefer to avoid this and usually wait until I am sure of my understanding and knowledge before I start talking about it.

Agree? Disagree? Neither? Etc --
Mainly disagree. I don't think it makes people look stupid to change their minds because they got more information, but I do usually wait to say something about an issue until I understand it so I hopefully don't look stupid.

3)
I am naturally sceptical of second-hand information and whenever possible prefer to trust my own experience to reach a conclusion about something.

or

On the contrary, I think any one person’s experience – including mine – may be too narrow or limited, and I prefer to broaden it by getting as much second-hand information as I can.

Second option. I include my own first-hand experience too, but studies, data, information from reputable sources, have a big place in decision-making for me. If the source does not seem reputable, I'd put my experience first, but I'm just one person with one set of experiences and circumstances, and it's just too limiting to only consider that when reaching a conclusion.

4)
If I need to learn something quickly, my first instinct is to ask someone I see as knowledgeable on the subject, rather than find my own way through it in books, the net, etc.

Agree? Disagree? Etc

Agree. Though I do both. Sometimes I ask people I trust where to find information, which is kind of a combination.

5)
I have a very good idea about my level of sexual attractiveness (or lack thereof) in relation to others around me.

or

Hmm, no. I am never sure about such things.

I think I do now. I'm old. LOL. Though I do still oddly have guys come onto me. Older guys now, like my age. I don't wear a wedding ring so they think I'm a single mom. I did not have any idea of my level of sexual attractiveness when I was younger and was always shocked and amazed that I got a good amount of attention from young men. It was a good kind of shock. It's weird but I can always tell when other people are attracted to each other, but I can't always tell when people are attracted to me. Sometimes I think they just want to chat. Like some guy will start chatting with me, and it'll be a nice conversation, and then my husband will wander over and they'll drop the conversation and leave. And my husband will ask if the guy was coming onto me. And I'll say that I guess so because there's no other reason for me being married to make me less interesting, but it won't have occurred to me during the conversation.

6)
Especially in moments of crisis, I am inclined to be paralyzed by indecision and tend to wish, later, that I had acted more quickly.

or

On the contrary, I am far more likely, on such occasions, to act impulsively and to later regret my decisions taken so rashly.

I would say that happens far less often in moments of crisis. During those times I seem to have no trouble knowing what to do. It's mundane things like ordering food off a menu or deciding which shoes to buy that paralyze me.

7)
I worry far more about appearing stupid and/or ignorant among others than I worry about being awkward when dealing with people.

or

On the contrary, I don’t worry too much about appearing stupid/and or ignorant – I am more likely to worry if I am being boring, inconvenient, rude etc when dealing with others, collectively or individually.

Very much option 1.

8)
It is a very common state of mind for me to feel that, whatever I have done with regards to a task, or when doing something for someone, I could have done just one bit more.

or

On the contrary, I usually tend to think I am already doing, or have already done, enough anyway – unless it is something that depends on a very specific standard that has to be met, in which case I meet it.

Hmmm. I'd say option B, though I have at times felt guilty that I stopped doing something or another.

9)
I respect, even admire, people who don’t back off from confrontations, even physical ones, and who take physical risks (not necessarily at the level of some Jackass stunts, but I think you get the idea).

or

Sometimes I may even wish I was better in such things, but normally I think that those who take physical risks (or risk getting into physical confrontations) easily are just being silly.

Option B.

10)
I enjoy poetry and often wish I could write it myself.

or

Poetry may be nice and all, but it’s ultimately pointless – I prefer writings that actually communicate something in a more straightforward language.

Both. I do like poetry and think it's very worthwhile. I have studied many types of writing, including poetry, although I'm OK with the fact that I was better at journalism. But it isn't pointless. It's art, and art makes the world better and opens our eyes to things we might not have thought about otherwise.